4.5

Thanks Charles for your help

I made the crazy decision to change lender at the last minute. The process from stat to finish only took a few weeks. Big thank you to Charles who have been taking care of my application. Charles has been extremely helpful thorough the entire process.
Once settled, the on-boarding process was very easy and well documented. I called and emailed Homestar once or twice and they have been very reactive and helpful.
I would recommend Homestar if you are looking to finance your house project.

Online Tools
Loan used forFirst Home

Great Rates and Awesome Service

John was great, was the most helpful broker I spoke to out of the 5 contacted, nothing was too much trouble. Despite the tricky covid times and additional work involved, the process was smooth and professional. Happy with the rate compared to current lender that wouldn't go close. Thanks John!!

Nicole

Nicole

Good rates

I refinanced my mortgage with Homestar Finance. The rates are very competitive and the service was good. One point I am unsure about is whether they follow the RBA rate cuts, and just make sure you ask about any promotional rates for new loans. I was unaware about a special mortgage interest rate which I thought I qualified for, because the mortgage settled after the promotion commenced but the rate was not applied to my loan. In any event, the rates are still very low.

Home Loans

Find out how Homestar Finance compares to other Home Loans

Great Service and smooth transfer of homeloan to Homestar

Both Rick and Ash helped me to move my home loan from CBA to Homestar. Great Service and smooth transfer. Home star provides great interest rates. They need to improve on the web and mobile application.

Satisfied

SatisfiedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great offer from Homestar

Jim Kiloh and the entire team at Homestar Finance were very efficient and courteous in all communications and in answering my queries to satisfaction. They lose one star though as the process from application to settlement took 3 months, when all documents were submitted within the first week; and, the interest rate was amended from 2.74% at application to 2.79% at settlement. Despite this, will definitely recommend Hoestar to other borrowers.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2020
Stephen R.

Stephen R.South East Queensland, QLD

Simple, Low Cost Home Loan

Online Tools
Loan Start DateJanuary 2019

rsasked

Hi Homestar,

I would like to know if you give owner occupied home loan for IT Contractors working on ABN from more than 2 years and previously worked in Permanent PAYG role for several years. With 20% home deposit.

Regards

Hi rs,

Could you please private message us with your full name and contact mobile number? To private message, hover your mouse over our logo (in our response to you) and you will have to option to message. This is a private message.

Once we have your details, we'll be able to give you a call, and discuss further with you.

Sent you private message

Niroj K.

Niroj K.asked

Current cash back offer upto 1500 dollar? What is the minimum cash back offer guaranteed out of 1500 dollar and how will we get this amount in our account? Is that after settlement of loan or before? Thanks

Hi Niroj K.,

I hope the below answers all your questions:

Eligibility Criteria for Cash Back
• Owner Occupied Only
• Principal and interest repayments only
• Minimum loan size $250,000
• Maximum Loan Size $850,000
• Maximum LVR 80%
• Refinance only
• New Customers only (excludes borrowers refinancing from Origin Mortgage Management Services)

0-70% LVR = $1,500 Cashback
70% to 80% LVR = $1,000 Cashback

Construction loans excluded or loans introduced to Homestar by a third party. Cashback offer is only available for new refinance applications received between 01.08.20020 to 30.9.2020. Offer available on Star Essentials and Star Classic products for refinance, principal and interest loans. Only 1 cashback per borrowers initial borrowing with Homestar will be paid regardless of the number of loans involved. This offer excludes customers already within the Origin Mortgage Managers Network. The cashback will be available as redraw 60 days after settlement. Discharge penalties will apply if you discharge the loan within 12 months of settlement.

Dennis C.asked

Hi, I have a few questions:
1. I dont believe Homestar has a Mobile app for Android or Apple yet. When will this be available?
2. When transferring funds from a Homestar offset account to an external account is this instant i.e. via Osko?
3. What are the ATM fees when using your debit Visa card?

Hi Dennis C.,

Please see our answers below:

1. Homestar has a Mobile App project for both Android and Apple on our roadmap
2. Outgoing transfers are not currently instantaneous (via Osko or the like) and go through the standard inter-bank process. This is a project on our roadmap to offer our customers
3. Homestar has no ATM fees when using a bank ATM. The usage of other ATM's (e.g. in clubs or sporting venues) may incur an ATM Owner's fee and this is displayed on the screen of the ATM at the time of the withdraw being made. This fee is not a Homestar fee.

I hope this has answered your queries.

Dennis C.

Thanks for the response. For questions 1 and 2, can you provide any indication on timeframe?

Hi Dennis C.,

For the Mobile App we are aiming for 2020, and for instant payments we are aiming for 2021.

Get an answer from our members and Homestar Finance representatives