HomeStart Finance

HomeStart Finance

Brand Manager for HomeStart Finance? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.2
  • Loan TypeVariable Rate (3) and Split (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for
  • Loan Term19.5 years
  • Online Tools
Myolie D.
Myolie D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not helpful at all

I am full-time employed, having more saving deposit than required. I called them and the lady told me to go find a job with higher salary. This is not how a representative should tell their customers. Bad customer service.

Ugyen
UgyenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thank you Homestart, and Mortgage Broker Andrew from Bernie Lewis Home Loans, We are from a low-income family, which bank said a big NO, thanks to HomeStart now we are living in our own house. HomeStart has a high-interest rate but I think is better to pay a loan than renting someone's house which we can't do whatever we want to.

Gaspard
Gaspard

Dealing with the home loan broker

Gabby
GabbyPerth, WA

Andrew you Rock. Thankyou to the moon and back. From Gabby and Johnny

Andrew and John. Forever mates not just a broker and builder. You guys have done amazing and are great in what you do for first home buyers. Thankyou so much. Gabby and Johnny xx

dee
deeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great option for those starting out

Jess
JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

You don't even know your own eligibility criteria?

I have recently started two new jobs - earlier this year I called to ask about eligibility, I was told I needed to be at my job for at least 3 months.

3 months have now passed so I contacted you again and now you are saying I have to be at each job for at least 3 months.

How can you manage loans and money if you can't even manage your own eligibility requirements?

Kameron B.
Kameron B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't move out of my parents house

"Get in to your first house sooner" more like get in to your first house never. I've been trying to move out of my parents house with my partner for nearly 2 years now. We contently get denied loans in new areas for a price of $330k. We both have jobs, can pay more then the required deposit and yet I know of people who don't have jobs get a loan very easily from them.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Nikhil G.
Nikhil G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Grateful to Homestart

Very helpful staff..could buy a home in a good suburb with a minimal deposit..did nt have to pay lenders mortgage insurance. Also have repayment safeguard which means my emi would not suddenly increase if interest rate go up..
will be always Grateful to Homestart

Online Tools

Naomi
Naomi

Worked for our needs

We stumbled across HomeStart accidently and worked with a broker to work through the product. It has worked out well for us to suit our needs right now and get us into our own home sooner that we had hoped. The process was lengthy but reasonable and from the beginning of the process to keys in the front door being approximately 18 months. We were able to keep saving and paying rent whilst building and the team were easy to deal with.

Nadine A
Nadine AAU

Wait 9 months for loan broker and homestart didn't talk gross negligence

I am happy now, how everything has been sorted. Now We can finally build our family home in the place we choose.

Dylan
DylanPerth, WA

Love our Big family home

Thank you to our Rep Emily and the Homestart team! We love our new home. Was such a smooth process and couldn’t be happier. Cheers

Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

Sense-less

Absaloutely rubbish credit analyst and waste of time. 20 days to be told that they are concerned my pay sometimes was by way of direct deposit or manually deposited. Who cares?? Same job 5 years, had tax returns and payslips proving
Income and employment. .
Can't get mch dumber that that....

Paulas
PaulasWyndham Vale

Perfect Home Loan

Dedicated staff, well informed, all documents come in letter form, fast approval, amazing first home buyers opportunity, low affordable deposits, affordable repayments, direct debit available, Best interest rates, could not find another comparable, compatible, nor as affordable loan in this category. Friendly staff... Overall I am a very satisfied and happy client.

Awesome and prompt service

Ive been with Homestart for 5 years and they are great never had an issue and they got me into my house so im a happy customer ☺

Shocking service

I asked home start to call me several times over a period of two months to call me as i was not getting any statements. 6 months later still not called am going to take action today.