HomeStart

HomeStart (page 2 of 9)

HomeStart is amazing

The quality of my home exceeded all my expectations and the service I received by Emily Read at Perth HomeStart was absolutely amazing. The house was completed a couple months before the due date and is perfect. HomeStart made the process of becoming a first home buyer simple and enjoyable. If given the chance, I would build with HomeStart again.

Great first home build

Homestart were able to help me get into my first home at a good price. The Sales Consultant Emily was great and helped me with selecting the right house design and modifying it to what I was chasing. Also went out of her way to find the right block of land (started looking south of the river, ended up settling north). The build team were helpful and quick to respond and my house was finished in the timeframe that was estimated at the start of the whole process.

The Homestart team were friendly and helpful, being the first house build I've been involved in along with being a first home buyer the experience from start to finish was stress free and everything was laid out to me so I was never caught unaware by anything.

Being in the house for a few months now only issues I've come across are cosmetic

Thanks Homestart!

Construction End DateDec 2017
Hi Corey thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear of your positive experience with your Sales Consultant Emily and with all of our team members. We wish you many happy years in your new home. Warm regards, HomeStart.

Very helpful

The workmanship and build quality of the property has been well done. No faults nor issues which has been a great peace of mind. The build has been well-managed and all the proper steps have been taken. The customer service and support has been good, and helpful. Took their time to properly explain the details and processes until we understood.

Construction End DateMay 2018
Hi Bunnyracecar Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to hear of your positive building experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new home! Warm regards, HomeStart.

Really helped me kick-start my journey as a home-owner with my little boy!

Workmanship, build-quality and management of the building seemed to be satisfactory but I do think there was a slight lack of communication when it came to hearing from HomeStart in the latter stages, especially with me being a first-time builder and having no idea how the process worked. But, overall, I am very happy with the quliaty of service provided and would definitely recommend HOmeStart to anyone I know that is starting out and have no idea how to go about it!

Construction End DateMar 2018
Hi Kel thanks for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for your feedback regarding communication we will certainly take on that on board. We're very glad to hear you are happy with your new home and the service we provided. Enjoy your new home! Warm regards, HomeStart

well done

Workmanship and build quality is really good. Up to know i cant see any problems with the house. If the build quality is good, it might have been managed properly, so 2 thumbs up to the person managing the build. In terms of customer service and support, quick responses to queries and very friendly as well. Especially [name removed] from accounts department (i think) very very quick response even when she is on break.

Construction End DateFeb 2018
Hi Barry thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear of your positive experience building with HomeStart and our team members. We wish you many happy years in your new home. Warm regards The HomeStart team.

Very professional from start to completion

Workmanship was pretty good, few small issues which were rectified. Like small issue with reindeer to front but builder got it sorted very quickly.
The builder was fantastic time frame given was accurate.
Customer service was great always called with updates and always returned my enquirers. Only thing that I could fault was I was never advised I could upgrade certain aspects of the build like bigger appliances. Overall very happy.

Construction End DateJul 2017
Hi Breeza we really appreciate your review including some of your suggestions on how we can improve, which we have taken on board. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience overall and are happy with your new HomeStart home. We wish you all the best! Warm regards, HomeStart.

Fantastic custermor service

Excellent , respectful and clear communication throughout the entire process.From the first day you meet with your housing consultant, who explains the options you have, and who else you'll be working with , through to working with the financial team , to the choosing your style of house is excellent. Great friendly team who are there to listen and answer questions at any stage.

Construction End DateJul 2018
Hi Thea we really appreciate you taking the time to write this review and are thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience building with us. Wishing you many happy years in your new home. Warm regards, HomeStart

HomeStart helped me achieve something I didn't think was possible.

I first went to HomeStart to get an idea of what was out there in terms of building a house. We met with Alexis who was great and helped us realise that this was something that could actually happen now, not in a few years time like I thought.
Later that day we had already looked at display homes and found potential land. Alexis was super supportive the whole way through this process, ensuring we had what we wanted and reassuring that it was possible even though I had a lot of doubts that we were ready to do this.
HomeStart then set us up with a broker from the Loan Company (Nathan) who was just as amazing and made what we thought were dreams, a reality. We got financial approval and the building process began.
Nina was allocated as our go to person through out the build and she was great at keeping us in the loop (was sad to hear she was leaving about a month prior to our handover).
The build process wasn't stressful, and HomeStart were efficient in following up any issues we had once we had moved in. (nothing major).
We are nearly at a year since the house was completed and we absolutely love it!

Thank you to the amazing team at HomeStart for everything, especially to Alexis and Nina for all their help before and during the build.
Highly recommend for First Home Builders!!!.

Construction End DateMay 2017
Hi Claire thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It's so great to hear that you had a wonderful experience and that everyone at HomeStart took such good care of you. Wishing you all the best in your new home for many happy years to come! The HomeStart team.

Thank you Homestart!

Homestart were able to help me get into my first home at a great price. The Sales Consultant Deirdre was wonderful and helped me with selecting the right house design and modifying it to suit me.The Construction team were helpful and responsive and my house was completed within the timeframe I needed to move out of my rental.

The Homestart team were all very friendly and helpful, being a first home buyer it was very nerve racking building but they made the whole process easy and stress free.

There are some issues with the completed house however Homestart are getting onto fixing these promptly.

Thank you Homestart!

Construction End DateOct 2017
Hi Jmm thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to hear of your positive building experience working with our team. Warm regards, HomeStart.

Extremely poor quality build

Ok so the list of things that were wrong when they tried to hand it over:
1 wall was on a slope of approximately 15mm over 2.4m
2 sections of gutter slopped away from the drain pipe and held between 15 and 20 mm of water
The interior walls looked like a 2 year old had put the white set on.
Half of the doors weren't fitted correctly and captured the latch
The roof extended into the gutters to the point it was touching in some places
Tiles were cracked all over the place
Bathroom floor tiles had no slope and held water.

When approached about one of the issues not meeting Australian standards the building supervisor commented "that might be how it is done on the east coast but we don't do it like that over here"

Dealing with the building supervisor was absolutely hell they sent out a guy twice that had no idea what he was doing and made an absolute mess of the wall instead of fixing it. In the end i had to fix it my self not even the after sales maintainance manager wanted to touch it.

In saying all this the customer service in applying for the loan and the client liaison manager were always pleasant to deal with, It is just terribly sad that the end product was such a poor quality product due to the lack of knowledge/skill of this particular supervisor and his manager.

I would recommend anyone using this company to get a 3rd party building inspector and not settle until you are happy. The maintainance team are reasonable to deal with but did in the end require a "i am about to loge a complaint with the building commission" phone call to get them to respond.

Construction End DateFeb 2016
Hi Ben Thanks for providing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the experience you received at HomeStart. We would like to discuss the issues you have outlined above. Can you please email managers@homestart.net.au with your HomeStart job number and contact details so we will have our team contact you? Kind Regards The HomeStart Team14 days after i responded to your comment and still no reply. This is typical of the service and customer care I am used to so no suprises.Hi Ben, our apologies for not getting in touch with you sooner to discuss the concerns you have raised here. Our construction manager will be in touch to discuss your concerns with you. Thank you for your patience. Warm regards, The HomeStart team.

Our Dream

Sue Spirkoski Is the dream maker. Without Sue we wouldn't be in our own home. Sue gave us great direction and advice on the steps it took to get into our own home. These words...'Do what I advice you to do and you will have your own home' we did exactly that! Sue was right. We have been in our home now for 4 months, building went smoothly and we couldn't be happier, we have had no problems at all, our house is beautiful! literally a dream ride to our dream destination and we owe it to Sue.
Sue Spirkoski your kindness, professionalism, amazing helpful attitude will always be appreciated.
If you doubt you cant get into your own home, talk to Sue. We went for a consultation and less than a year later we were in our home.

Construction End DateApr 2017
Hi Bee31 Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are so thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Sue and your smooth building journey. We wish you all the best in your new HomeStart home! Kind Regards The HomeStart Team

Best Builder Ever!

I would like to thank Home Start- Home Builder WA for helping us to build our first house. Sue Spirkoski is the best in terms of getting everything ready and giving us some financial advice especially that we are first home buyer. She's very accomodating and she always think of her clients all the time. She is so amazing and a job well done for you Sue! We are enjoying our new house and it's been 2 years now and we don't have any problem with the construction etc. Jess our supervisor is also very friendly and very easy to contact too if you have any questions and she was able to meet the deadline for us to move to our new house. Thanks guys and all the best in the future!

Construction End DateJun 2015
Hi Beth We're so happy to read your wonderful review and have passed on your positive feedback to Sue and Jess. We hope you're still loving your new HomeStart home as much as the day you first moved in! Kind Regards The HomeStart Team

First home build

I was stuck in the rent trap for some time before making a speculative call to Homestart to test the waters...

I spoke with a housing consultant Sue Spirkoski who was knowledgable about the business of putting people in houses. I needed to use Keystart home loans as my saving were limited so my house and land package needed to be modest. I provided suburbs and insisted that I wanted land for a front facing driveway and garage. Sue provided several options and we visited a show-house. Not long after we were signing on the dotted line with finance set up.
Sue was excellent through this process and was more than happy to meet after hours...

3 x 2 Theatre room & Double garage to the front land size 380 sqm

The build took about 8 months to complete and we were kept informed the whole way throughout the process at the back end (Homestart office), this process cannot be faulted.

I visited the site regulary and was happy with the process, I spoke with the building supervisor on occasion to raise concerns as they arose (more about this later).

On final inspection I raised a few issues ablit on the minor side with the site supervisor which should have been picked up prior; problems...
The supervisor just gave lip service to my requests I was not happy, I later found out the site supervisor was given the push.

I moved in prior to the minor issues being rectified and the contacted Homestart office - all were soon rectified.

Been in the house coming up to a year now and I've not had any real issues, reported a few minor faults within the maintenance period. I was contaced immediately and the house was inspected; issues that I had not noticed (minor) were brought to my attention and rectified almost immediately with a painter following behind to touch up cornices ect.

I did have doubts about signing up with Homestart and was worried about the final outcome, you see hear about lot about build problems. You are not going to get luxury fittings but you don't pay luxury prices.

Would I use Homestart again? They would be high on my list
Customer service second to none
Build management - at the back end high, site superviser questionable
Service and support - excellent

Construction End DateAug 2016
Hi Scholesy Thank you for writing such a detailed review about your experience with us, we appreciate it. It's great to hear that Sue looked after you so well. We were disappointed to hear about your experience with one of our supervisors and very glad that all minor issues were attended to quickly. We wish you all the best in your new HomeStart home! Kind Regards The HomeStart Team

Quick build to a high standard excellent customer service

So glad we choose homestart !! Our house has just been completed. 27 week build timeframe. Excellent finish on the house. Leigh was our sales person. She was so helpful even working to help us on her days off. We just had our home valuated independently and has already gained $100,000 equity!! We did have our doubts going with homestart as someone posing as an angry customer writing bad reviews on Facebook tried to deter us. Turns out he was a sales person for another building company! Our colour consultant Zoe was also extremely helpful as was our customer care person Jennifer. All questions or enquires were responded to immediately. In our final expection only a few minor issues with plaster. All amended within a few days. Such a smooth stress free build completed on time, on budget and to a high standard.

Construction End DateJun 2017
Hi Roxanne and Piri Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're delighted to hear of your positive experience with us throughout your building journey and that you're so happy with your new home. We wish you all the best in your new HomeStart home! Kind Regards The HomeStart TeamNo thank you !! We are thrilled with our new home and love the estate Leigh recommended.

Fantastic

I had to drag my Husband along to the first meeting with Sales Consultant Brodie as we just thought we wouldn't be able to own a home anytime soon. After meeting with Brodie and him going through everything so thoroughly we walked out feeling so excited that it could actually happen!
Brodie helped guide us to our perfect block, helped us sort a super quick finance approval and let us have heaps of input on the design. Throughout the entire process we really didn't have to do anything, Homestart sorted it all for us.
Sarah in Prestart was lovely and super efficient. Angela, our Construction Liaison was always prompt and polite.
We have and will continue to recommend Brodie and the team to all of our friends.

Construction End DateJun 2017
Hi Caro Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear your feedback and to know the HomeStart team did a great job in assisting you through your building journey. We wish you all the best in your new HomeStart home! Kind Regards The HomeStart Team

Service

I have found the workmanship outstanding especially the roof construction. I was kept informed right thru the whole project with concerns addressed immediately and that is very important when you are building your first home. I have found the staff at HomeStart to be very friendly and supportive even 1 year later! I will gladly use HomeStart for my next build as they certainly tick all the boxes.

Construction End DateApr 2016
Hi David Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your new HomeStart home and we will pass your kind feedback onto the team. We wish you all the best in your new HomeStart home! Kind Regards The HomeStart Team

Great first home

Great build, some delays getting started but went up quickly.
Couple of issues at handover as building manager hadn't liaised with trades to connect and complete some parts. Overall happy with the end product. Affordable for a first home, entering into the market in such a lovely new estate. love the community spirit and neighbourhood friends i've made. Excellent choice

Construction End DateJul 2015
Hi Gabi Thank you so much for your kind review. We are delighted you chose to build with HomeStart and you enjoyed the process. We will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team. We wish you all the best in your new HomeStart home! Kind Regards The HomeStart Team

An HONEST recommendation to any home buyer

100% on the mark! Extremely well managed, perfect customer service, took the time to listen and understand my needs and budget. No hassle, no delays, prompted me through everything, Nothing dodgy, any thing raised was attended to professionally and accordingly as I had asked, couldn't of asked for anything else. This team honestly worked great together and made it all happen for me, I hardly did a thing .. No Stress for me AT ALL!

Construction End DateApr 2017
Hi RE89WA Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your new HomeStart home and we will pass your kind feedback onto the team. We wish you all the best in your new HomeStart home! Kind Regards The HomeStart Team

Very Satisfied

Owning a house is anyone's dream. A house that will become your home. Where you will start building new memories. But, searching for the right Builder is also to be considered. With Homestart, this dream of owning a house made into reality.
We can't have all these without the help of Sue Spirkoski. As we are a first time home buyer/owner, she helped us in every step of the way. If we have questions/some things to clarify she's just a phone call away. She's so accommodating, friendly, great...
Homestart will be highly recommended to friends and Sue in particular.

Construction End DateApr 2017
Hi Gomez Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear your feedback and to know the HomeStart team did a great job in assisting you through your building journey. We wish you all the best in your new HomeStart home! Kind Regards The HomeStart Team

Professional Service

The workmanship was good. Any suggestions raised during the construction phase and also at the first and final inspections were satisfactorily attended to before handover
The build quality was also very good. The final product really met my expectations
The customer service was good right from the sales with a dedicated customer relations officer assigned to deal with my contract

Construction End DateMay 2017
Hi Edmore Thank you for your review. We are happy to read your feedback and to know the HomeStart team were helpful through your building journey. We wish you all the best in your new HomeStart home! Kind Regards The HomeStart Team