• Build Stage
  • Flooring
Jason F.

Jason F.Perth, WA

Disappointed

Signed up in October 2019, Finance settled in April 2020, it's now almost August 2020. Made three construction payments and we have nothing but a block of land turning back to bush! Very slow and always excuses, Very disappointing. Your hurting our pockets by dragging this out. Literally over it.

Build StagePre-Construction

KarlPerth, WA

Don't choose Homestart!

From the very start this was a disappointing experience. As soon as the deal was confirmed I never heard or saw from my sales person again then started the onslaught of failures from the builder that resulted in me having to pay for a building inspector to check their work.

Site Admin
Structural Integrity
Plumbing & Waterproofing
Electrical & Lighting
Flooring
Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateJuly 2020

Terrible after sales service

If you want your after sales service to be reliable or prompt, DON'T use these guys. 10 months for a new EXTERNAL front door. Finally installed 3 weeks ago and now just over 2 weeks for it to be painted with another 10 days to wait???? Aren't external doors supposed to be painted ASAP to avoid excess swelling, etc??? And that's just 1 aspect. Lots and lots of faults at handover some of which, 10 months on, we are still waiting for them to be resolved. Some that seem too hard or too costly to be done. Always an excuse...

Construction End DateDec 2015

macavoy

macavoyPerth, WA

Don't build with them. No one should ever have to go through what happened to myself

Mrs B

Mrs BPerth, WA

Wouldn't recommend, AT ALL

bkv

bkvperth

had the worst experience.. be carefull

Rob

RobPerth, WA

Worst experience ever

As soon as I signed up they didn't give a damn about me. I'm still waiting for defects to be fixed a year later after moving in (and most of the defects I found during inspection and were supposed to be fixed before I moved in but weren't) I lost money in this, and I wish I had have shopped around a little more and gone for a builder like Dale Alcock. When I priced up the hidden costs with Homestart compared to Dale Alcock there was only $5000 difference. Please don't build with Homestart!!!

Ant

Ant

Worst company i've ever had to deal with.

OMG !!!

Rohan Amlani

Rohan AmlaniPerth

Most Ridiculous Company Ever

Absolute nightmare!!!

worst experience - never again

neveragain

we are building in carramar.
I'm just gonna call them soon. better early than late! =]

Runaway

Runawayperth

Never Ending Troubles

Since moving into my new house and my last review, the entire plumbing system has blocked up twice, the garage door broke, the fibre optic cable was damaged during installation of soak well pipes and the hot water unit had to be replaced ( they attempted to fix it twice) no hot water for 4 days!!!!
I guess 15 months of hell during the building process just isn't enough. What next Homestart?

TownyPerth, WA

Homestart run and hide

Take your money, no customer service, cost fortune to change anything, been through three people looking after my file, six sets final plans due to staff incompetence and laziness. Last person through paperwork in bin and them left because got to hard. Asked to get out contract but was told we will be sewed and haven't even got slab down yet

Everything never use them

Towny

Also when there building your place looks like a tip compared to everyone else. skip bin would be nice

Nothappy

Stay away from this very very bad builder!!!!!!

Nothappy

Hi, I won't name names on here for legal reasons. sorry . Where are you building North or South? We are in the north and I believe the Northern Supervisor does all of that area.

Maz500

Maz500Perth, WA

Do not use them as your builder. First home buyer stay away for sure!

sarah8524

sarah8524

Terrible

Received a very long, rude and sarcastic email after meeting with them for the first time because they found out we had also met with one other builder before them. Very un professional, and this was after the first meeting so that put me off of using them completly. Seemed more interested in telling me about how I can make money by recommending others to them, which I may have if they'd have given me something to recommend.

rude, sarcastic, un professional.

jambanja

jambanjaAU

Terrible

Avoid them like the plague. They threaten and intimidate their customers and they are very pushy. Their plans are very basic and you have to pay alot of extra money to get your house specced up.

Pushy, bullies. When I tried to cancel after I had found a better builder thry started to become nasty and threatening. They threatened to charge me thousands for work they never had done as I had not signed any contract. I paid them $750 for PPA and told them to keep it and put it where the sun dont shine.

Pathetic Company, should be called HomeStop

They are slow, they cant built straight or level walls and doors, their management is unprofessional.

They stole the copyright to my building plans which I designed and paid for independent of HomeStop. They won't release the copyright of my design and wont reply to my attempts to communicate with their General Manager.

One would think they would be happy that they won the contract to build not one, but two investment properties, but NO, they want to copyright my Intellectual Property also.

Stay clear of this company

Watch Dog
Watch Dog

Tania C.

Tania C.asked

Hi i asked a question earlier today ,about the pre aproval stage ,and the broker my daughter is deaing with ,which i assume is through youre company ,the way it has been handled is appaling to ones spirit ,i would assume before preaproval all paperwork would need to be submitted ,and a deposit? ,the broker told my daughter she is going through and is sure she has it im not sure if she aas just trying to be kind and then tells her on no it hasnt you need another form ,she had a computer on flexi rent whem she was younger ,paid in off however company has gone bust and she cannot get hold off this form ,she has rang flexi rent isnt the broker more able to get this info ,and whydidnt she ask for this form from the start ? And do you have the right to keep the deposit ? If you can please email me when you can kind regards [email removed]

Jhay Quiazon
Jhay Quiazon

Sorry i do not work for homestart. I am one of their clients

Hi Tania,
We have emailed you already and we’re happy to try and assist you. Please reply to the email from our Sales Manager.

Judeasked

Can I get the email and contact number of home start to lodge a request/complaint .

Steve Oliver
Steve Oliver

Hi Jude,

Contact [Name and Details Removed]
Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve

Hi Jude,
Sue is actually one of our Sales Consultants and won't be able to assist with your query. Please email info@homestart.net.au so we can address your query.

Andrew M.

Andrew M.asked

If you have had a home start loan in joint names 30 years ago can you reapply as a single after being divorced for 28 years?

Hi Andrew,
We build new homes for our clients. Are you perhaps referring to Homestart in South Australia who provide loans to people or perhaps Keystart here in WA?

Get an answer from our members and HomeStart representatives