16Honda Accord

Honda Accord Questions & Answers

APW
APW · Accord 10th Gen (2018-2024)

Guys Any1 purchased accord 2023??
Please let me know if worth buying or should wait for gen 11 next year in australia.. let me know who has gen 10… what you guys think.. thank you

One Putt

HI APW I have a 2003 Honda Accord Sedan and apart from Routine Servicing it has not cost me for anything else. CHEERS GLEN

Thanuj S.
Thanuj S. · Accord 7th Gen (2003-2007)

hi i have a honda accord euro (acura tsx) 2005. I notice after 2006. Honda avoid the silver plastic line on the bonnet. I want to know is 2006 or 2007 bonnet fits my 2005 accord euro?

Usigbe E.
Usigbe E. · Accord (No Series) (1997-2003)

My Honda 2003 is have a problem. RPM fluctuates while in motion

One Putt

You may have a problem with fuel injection, or contaminated fuel, you never know what comes out of the bowser these days.

Michael M.

Hi does it fluctuate at idle speed as well ..not moving when you turn the car on... or both at idle and when the Cars moving...and is is the fluctuation small or large fluctuation

1 ,Hi could be idle air control valve needs to be cleaned out
2 check the radiator cap that it's secure and there's no dirt clean the cap would be a good idea to change the coolant and Bleed any air out.
Honda's of this age and year do have trouble with a fluctuation of the taco open the radiator cap turn the car on and run it to get any air bubbles out common occurrence with this car

James R.
James R. · Accord 9th Gen (2013-2017)

Can i ask if anyone in Australia has had issue with their Day time running lights ?
I have a 2017 Honda accord and one of the DRL has burnt out and needs to be replaced, as the DRL is part of the head light the whole headlight needs replacing.
lucky under warranty, but that runs out at the end of the month, and i have read this is a know issue with the Honda DRL. if anyone has had the same experience in Australia would be good to know

Tanveer M.
Tanveer M. · Accord 9th Gen (2013-2017)

Hi, just wondering is there any difference between Honda manufactured for Malaysia and Australia ? I’m planning to get some after market body kits for my Honda Accord. Thought of checking with you guys. Thanks

Capricosm
Capricosm

What is an after market body kit ? If you are refering to spare parts , there is no difference .

THOMO
THOMO

I think the honda 9th gen was made in Malaysia I have a body kit on mine and it is really cool the kit should fit I am sure of that

Akindele A. · Accord

I am looking at buying a used 2013 Honda Accord that has done 147,000ks from a dealer
Any advise please?

Grey
Grey

They are reliable cars in general, check when timing belt was done, also it better to have completed service history.

Akindele A.

Thanks for that, dealer offering 1year warranty.

Barry F
Barry F · Accord 7th Gen (2003-2007)

I have seen references to 2005 Accord V6 Auto having transmission problems, but cannot find any actual examples, or even details of the problems.

I am looking at one with 240k on the clock.

Knight I.
Knight I.

I know Honda Accords, esp V6’s can chew through transmissions if abused and not properly serviced, they are extremely particular about their oil they use. I am very particular with transmission oil services and show mechanical sympathy with my car. With 240k kms you need to get it checked out by a mechanic and hope it’s been maintained properly. Good luck with it!

Thanks for the advice.

Zak
Zak · 9th Gen V6L (2013-2017)

Hi, Does V6L series 2 2016 model, drives differently or awful lot refined compared to the previous 2015 one?

pussycat
pussycat

Sorry, I can’t answer that as this was my first Honda, so don’t know what previous models were like. I can say that I am still driving it 10 years later and it’s never missed a beat - and that includes driving Melbourne to Perth return. Still love it as it may well be the most reliable car I have ever owned and extremely comfortable for long trips. Hope this helps. I should add that mine is a Euro and not a 6 cylinder so maybe not the model you asked about anyway! Lol....

sue f.
sue f. · Accord (No Series) (1997-2003)

Buying a 1998 auto accord. It's got new transmission in it. I'm worried might have problems. Hope buying this car is good decision?

1. check colour of

david royds

1check colour of the oil if its clear red its good 2.take for a test drive. if itchanges smoothly its good. 3.check for any oil leaks. if no leaks its good.

sue f.

Thanks you for your help David. I'll do that.

Paul White
Paul White · Accord

What fuel consumption should be expected in metropolitan usage?

Beefster
Beefster

G’Day Paul,

Bit late, but I kept a spreadsheet. Best I got was 6.98L per 100kms, worst 13L around town. (Albury). Speeding up to 110kms then diving off the access ramps doesn’t help the fuel economy that much.

Overall average was 10.34 on ULP 91 and 9.71 on ULP 95. (2012 2.4L Limited Edition)

braintrain5000
braintrain5000

Hi i have a 2009 2.4 Vti-L s. I get 800kms driving is from Epping to Mulgrave everyday inuding trips to shopping centers and kfcs.

Alex
Alex

good

Hawka
Hawka

I drive a 2011 V6 Luxury mainly metro driving and I get around 600km on ULP 91.

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Select a listing for your question
Honda Accord