Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1 (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Waste of time and money

The mower has potential to cut the grass if only it worked. It starts easy then after 5 minutes starts surging then just stops. You then have to leave it an hour or more before you can start it again. Have taken it back to service people 5 times already. They can't find a problem. I think the mower is just faulty and should be recalled. I want my money back. We spent a lot of money on this mower so I would have an easy job of mowing the lawn. All I have is trouble.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Very capable Mulching Mower

I have had Honda mowers for years and they have been fabulously reliable and work perfectly. My existing mower is 20plus years old and still starts first time. I have a large block and decided to look into mulching mowers. After much research - possibly obsessive- I settled on this one. It has not disappointed. Even the engine stop mechanism, which I was concerned about, is no issue as the mower starts first time with just a gentle half pull.
I have not used it with the catcher so don't know if it works as well in this mode.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
SwimMartin

OK - I have now used it several times with the catcher in damp conditions and it works perfectly. Fills the catcher and has not clogged once. Surprising actually. Better than I had hoped for.

Chaser
Chaser

Terrible mower

Add me to the long list of owners who hate this mower. I bought mine a couple of years ago and have regretted it ever since.
The chute continually clogs if the grass is the slightest bit damp. It takes me twice as long to cut the lawn because I'm forever having to remove the catcher to unblock the chute. The mower doesn't start easily, on average at least 6 pulls. It has now developed a problem where the engine won't shut off, I'm guessing the throttle cable has slipped and needs adjustment. The mower has only seen around 25 hours use so it's hardly broken in. My old $400 Victa 4 stroke walks all over this mower for ease of use and reliability. I won't be buying a Honda again.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014

Very good

James H.Honda

Thanks for the great feedback Max, we are glad to hear that the HRU19M1 has found a terrific home where she is cared for well.
-Sarah

Max

it's seems a good mower Sarah. Has been working faultless for 3~4 years now> pleasure to use and I like the red colour

BassySydney

What a machine, I LOVE THIS MOWER!!!

Tommo Mctavish
Tommo MctavishWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Buy if you love mowing the lawn longer than before.

Hi Tommo,
If you could please message us your full name and contact details, we can have a look into this and get to the bottom of your issue.
Many thanks,
Sarah

Amazing mower

Perfect machine. I was gifted one 3 years ago, and have loved every cut its done for me. I found the annual servicing to be way too expensive, so read the manual and started doing my own servicing on it, one tenth the price (and much more fun). Didn't buy the mulching attachment, but collecting the leaves and rolling over them once seems to do what I need. Easy to clean, which is important to me, super easy to operate. Hopefully I'll never need to buy another mower, but I'd absolutely promote this one to anyone asking.

Hi Adam Campbell-Hand,
Thank you for taking the time to review the HRU19M1. It is terrific to hear your praise of this unit. We are glad to hear that you are loving every cut it makes! -Sarah

Nahaz
NahazMid North Coast, NSW

Works Well But Has a Few Issues

Doug B
Doug B

Honda - so disappointing!

James H.Honda

Hi Doug B, Thanks for taking the time to review the Honda HRU19M1. We are glad to see that you have many reasons to love your Honda. Please feel free to contact customer.relations@honda.com.au to discuss your suggestions further.
Many thanks,
Sarah

Awesome mower, Kills any Briggs and Stratton motor

Thanks for the review David. - Sarah

David

When is the next one coming out? want to upgrade my machine when it does

James H.Honda

Hi David, to keep posted on all Honda Power Equipment News, please 'like' our Facebook page ( ). Many thanks, Sarah

mowerman
mowermanWestern District, VIC

A mower made by someone who has never mowed

James H.Honda

Get the commercial engine version with the snorkel kit

I use the HRU19M on acres. After 12 months the chassis is damaged and its using oil. This is the second Honda I have had and it is not as good as my original 19 inch which I had for 15years. Getting the snorkel as I think the new filter system is the problem.
Easy to start and cuts well
not durable and sucks oil

HughbowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Honda HRU19M1 Mulch and Catch

Hughbow

Had a few runs with it now and still very pleased. I might consider the bog bag but am quite happy with the standard catcher.

James H.Honda

Well, why mess with a good thing! :) Enjoy your mower, keep it properly serviced, and if you ever have any questions about it, be sure to contact your local authorised Honda dealer.

Easy to start, easy to use. Simple mowing experience.

Gary Nancarriow
Gary Nancarriow
James H.Honda

Honda engineering gone backwards.

BHobbs
BHobbs

I agree fully with your post. 100%

Ozbenno
Ozbenno

That was one of the funniest reviews I've read in my life. It's helped me make my choice tho

thebertaman
thebertaman

Stephen B.
Stephen B.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

is tis a self propelled mower

rassaf
rassaf

No, it's not self propelled.

Stephen B.
Stephen B.asked

is it self propelled

chindonly
chindonlyasked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

What should you do if the two blades come loose and start tilting at an angle? The bolts don't seem to be engineered to stop this tilting.

Bassy

Hi Chindoly - I checked my lawn mower over the weekend and mine doesn't seem to be having this issue. I bought my Honda at an authorised Honda retailer and had my extra 2 blades installed by them at the time of purchase, so if I was experiencing this problem I would go back to them to rectify. I hope this helps.

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraci

The blades are purposely designed to swing back when they strike a hard object. They do this to save your blades and crankshaft. The blade swings straight when engine is engaged due to constant gravity

Greg W
Greg W

Jeremy.jeraki , don't you mean "centrifugal force" causes the blades to straighten when the engine is running?

See all Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1 questions