Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Ruben
RubenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great BUT

Purchased in September 2014 at Mower place Browns plains for $739.00.

Scott
ScottMelbourne

Doesn't live up to the Honda Hype

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Waste of time and money

The mower has potential to cut the grass if only it worked. It starts easy then after 5 minutes starts surging then just stops. You then have to leave it an hour or more before you can start it again. Have taken it back to service people 5 times already. They can't find a problem. I think the mower is just faulty and should be recalled. I want my money back. We spent a lot of money on this mower so I would have an easy job of mowing the lawn. All I have is trouble.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Chaser
Chaser

Terrible mower

Add me to the long list of owners who hate this mower. I bought mine a couple of years ago and have regretted it ever since.
The chute continually clogs if the grass is the slightest bit damp. It takes me twice as long to cut the lawn because I'm forever having to remove the catcher to unblock the chute. The mower doesn't start easily, on average at least 6 pulls. It has now developed a problem where the engine won't shut off, I'm guessing the throttle cable has slipped and needs adjustment. The mower has only seen around 25 hours use so it's hardly broken in. My old $400 Victa 4 stroke walks all over this mower for ease of use and reliability. I won't be buying a Honda again.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Tommo Mctavish
Tommo MctavishWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Buy if you love mowing the lawn longer than before.

Honda
James H.Honda

Hi Tommo,
If you could please message us your full name and contact details, we can have a look into this and get to the bottom of your issue.
Many thanks,
Sarah

Honda engineering gone backwards.

BHobbs
BHobbs

I agree fully with your post. 100%

Ozbenno
Ozbenno

That was one of the funniest reviews I've read in my life. It's helped me make my choice tho

thebertaman
thebertaman

Stephen B.
Stephen B.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

is tis a self propelled mower

rassaf
rassaf

No, it's not self propelled.

Stephen B.
Stephen B.asked

is it self propelled

chindonly
chindonlyasked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

What should you do if the two blades come loose and start tilting at an angle? The bolts don't seem to be engineered to stop this tilting.

Bassy
Bassy

Hi Chindoly - I checked my lawn mower over the weekend and mine doesn't seem to be having this issue. I bought my Honda at an authorised Honda retailer and had my extra 2 blades installed by them at the time of purchase, so if I was experiencing this problem I would go back to them to rectify. I hope this helps.

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraci

The blades are purposely designed to swing back when they strike a hard object. They do this to save your blades and crankshaft. The blade swings straight when engine is engaged due to constant gravity

Greg W
Greg W

Jeremy.jeraki , don't you mean "centrifugal force" causes the blades to straighten when the engine is running?

See all Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1 questions