Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Country boy
Country boyLitchfield, NT

Had three of these now

I remember the model with the bag and small chute that was prone to blocking stayed on very well, unfortunately the plastic polymer falls off or at least spits clippings in warm weather or midday sun due to it being black and expanding/bending when hot. I like the mowers but there's always been a problem with Honda catchers which lets them down. Would be pretty well perfect if they could sort this issue

Purchased in June 2020 for $850.00.

Good, but not great

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Carvaan
CarvaanPerth WA

I am a big fan of Honda

Every time I am in the market I prefer to buy Honda without a doubt but this time a made a mistake as this model has very good specs, very powerful but the chute was small and can't handle wet grass.
I mean technically who mows in wet grass but in winter months it happens and trust me u don't want to keep cleaning the chute after every 5 minutes specially when u spend $1100.
NO NO

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Doug B
Doug B

Honda - so disappointing!

Honda
James H.Honda

Hi Doug B, Thanks for taking the time to review the Honda HRU19M1. We are glad to see that you have many reasons to love your Honda. Please feel free to contact customer.relations@honda.com.au to discuss your suggestions further.
Many thanks,
Sarah

Get the commercial engine version with the snorkel kit

I use the HRU19M on acres. After 12 months the chassis is damaged and its using oil. This is the second Honda I have had and it is not as good as my original 19 inch which I had for 15years. Getting the snorkel as I think the new filter system is the problem.
Easy to start and cuts well
not durable and sucks oil

Honda
James H.Honda

Stephen B.
Stephen B.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

is tis a self propelled mower

rassaf
rassaf

No, it's not self propelled.

Stephen B.
Stephen B.asked

is it self propelled

chindonly
chindonlyasked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

What should you do if the two blades come loose and start tilting at an angle? The bolts don't seem to be engineered to stop this tilting.

Bassy
Bassy

Hi Chindoly - I checked my lawn mower over the weekend and mine doesn't seem to be having this issue. I bought my Honda at an authorised Honda retailer and had my extra 2 blades installed by them at the time of purchase, so if I was experiencing this problem I would go back to them to rectify. I hope this helps.

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraci

The blades are purposely designed to swing back when they strike a hard object. They do this to save your blades and crankshaft. The blade swings straight when engine is engaged due to constant gravity

Greg W
Greg W

Jeremy.jeraki , don't you mean "centrifugal force" causes the blades to straighten when the engine is running?

See all Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1 questions