Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Country boy
Country boyLitchfield, NT

Had three of these now

I remember the model with the bag and small chute that was prone to blocking stayed on very well, unfortunately the plastic polymer falls off or at least spits clippings in warm weather or midday sun due to it being black and expanding/bending when hot. I like the mowers but there's always been a problem with Honda catchers which lets them down. Would be pretty well perfect if they could sort this issue

Purchased in June 2020 for $850.00.

Great job

Good cuts dry or wet, high or low. Catcher is just big enough, however solid. Starts most times first go, but don't leave it idle to long as it heats up rapidly. Always clean under deck as blades will stay sharper for longer. Copes with lawn and shabby rentals grass. 6/10.

Purchased in February 2018 at Best Buy mowers for $850.00.

Sandy Sweeper

I also only buy Honda and Stihl.

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good, reliable unit

Had mower now for 9 months, block of land is half an acre, easy pull start and cuts grass easily even when wet. Dont catch grass in catcher, use it on its mulch setting.

Purchased in July 2018 at Melbourne mower centre for $700.00.

Ashley Shaw
Ashley ShawBrisbane

Great mower

Very happy wih the mowers cutting results. Very easy to maneuver and with great ease. Very easy to operate and to maintain is very quick and easy. I am very pleased with my purchase and i would definitely recommend this mower to friends , family andall fellow work colleagues .

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Bob Sanzaro
Bob Sanzaro

Ever reliable Honda

The first Honda mower I purchased gave up after 23 years of mowing an acre of lawn. Pretty good effort so I purchased another and it has not missed a beat since I purchased it about 2 years ago. I expect this to last longer as it is visibly a stronger mower and using it as a mulcher mower gives me a clean cut surface even on tough Kikuyu lawn. Starts first time every time and is used weekly.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Adam B
Adam BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good, but not great

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Chiara and Robert
Chiara and RobertMelbourne

Easy to operate

We could not be happier with this mower. It's easy to maneuver, easy to operate and maintain, and it cuts better than any other mower we've owned. It starts easily as well. It's quite solid so it's a bit heavier than we expected it to be but that's not entirely a bad thing.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Is artificial grass the right choice for my lawn?

With spring in full swing and yard owners tending to their greenery more, some are looking to ditch the lawn mowing altogether in favour of artificial grass. We go through the pros and cons of installing a synthetic lawn so that you can decide what’s right for your turf.

Clara V.
Clara V.21 Sept 2021
is-artificial-grass-the-right-choice-for-my-lawn
Should I get a petrol or battery lawn mower?

Battery lawn mowers are advertised as having the power to rival that of their petrol counterparts - without the noise, hassle, and fumes. We compare the two to help you decide which type of push mower is right for your yard.

Clara V.
Clara V.13 Oct 2021
should-i-get-a-petrol-or-battery-lawn-mower
Carvaan
CarvaanPerth WA

I am a big fan of Honda

Every time I am in the market I prefer to buy Honda without a doubt but this time a made a mistake as this model has very good specs, very powerful but the chute was small and can't handle wet grass.
I mean technically who mows in wet grass but in winter months it happens and trust me u don't want to keep cleaning the chute after every 5 minutes specially when u spend $1100.
NO NO

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Alan Dunn
Alan DunnMAITLAND

Good reliable mower with excellent mulching capability.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Nahaz
NahazMid North Coast, NSW

Works Well But Has a Few Issues

Doug B
Doug B

Honda - so disappointing!

James H.Honda

Hi Doug B, Thanks for taking the time to review the Honda HRU19M1. We are glad to see that you have many reasons to love your Honda. Please feel free to contact customer.relations@honda.com.au to discuss your suggestions further.
Many thanks,
Sarah

mowerman
mowermanWestern District, VIC

A mower made by someone who has never mowed

Find out how Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Get the commercial engine version with the snorkel kit

I use the HRU19M on acres. After 12 months the chassis is damaged and its using oil. This is the second Honda I have had and it is not as good as my original 19 inch which I had for 15years. Getting the snorkel as I think the new filter system is the problem.
Easy to start and cuts well
not durable and sucks oil

Stephen B.
Stephen B.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

is tis a self propelled mower

rassaf
rassaf

No, it's not self propelled.

Stephen B.
Stephen B.asked

is it self propelled

chindonly
chindonlyasked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M1

What should you do if the two blades come loose and start tilting at an angle? The bolts don't seem to be engineered to stop this tilting.

Bassy
Bassy

Hi Chindoly - I checked my lawn mower over the weekend and mine doesn't seem to be having this issue. I bought my Honda at an authorised Honda retailer and had my extra 2 blades installed by them at the time of purchase, so if I was experiencing this problem I would go back to them to rectify. I hope this helps.

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraci

The blades are purposely designed to swing back when they strike a hard object. They do this to save your blades and crankshaft. The blade swings straight when engine is engaged due to constant gravity

Greg W
Greg W

Jeremy.jeraki , don't you mean "centrifugal force" causes the blades to straighten when the engine is running?

See all Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1 questions