Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19R1

Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19R1 Questions & Answers

MPN: HRU19R1
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

5 questions from our users

Geoffrey B.
Geoffrey B.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19R1

Am using this mower for the first time What do I need to do to start the motor?

jbambury
jbambury

Turn the fuel flow on, if it isn't already on, push the throttle all the way forward as far as you can (this activates the choke) then pull the cord. Once the engine fires pull the throttle back midway and let it idle and warm up. I never turn my fuel off and the mower starts 1st pull 98% of the time and always on the 2nd pull if it didn't start 1st pull.

Alan
Alan

On my mower, turn fuel on (I also always leave mine on), hold the engine brake lever on the handle in, and pull the starter.

Brendan H.
Brendan H.asked

Years of manufacture?

malcolm p.
malcolm p.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19R1

Best oil and what quantity

Robbo3057
Robbo3057

Depends on the engine. If it's a GXV160 then it's 0.65 ltrs but if it's a GSV190 or a GCV160 then it's 0.55 ltrs. Any good quality motor oil will do the job.

James. M
James. M

How do I know if my engine is a GXV160, GSV190 Or GCV160???

rickn2115
rickn2115asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19R1

I used this mower last week with no problems
Now it starts but wont run ?
What position should the petrol tap be in - it is hard to see.
It starts with the choke on but then wont run in any position ?

Jeff A
Jeff A

I am not sure but try all positions. Pull the full line off to see if it is blocked. If not see your Honda dealer

Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.

Facing up if off. Facing left is on.

Andrew
Andrewasked

Hi there,

When checking the oil on a Honda HRU19R do you screw the dipstick all the way home to get a measurement or do you just insert it to the start of the threaded part?
Andrew

rassaf
rassaf

Andrew,
The dealer told me that to make sure the engine is on flat ground and the oil should be up to the internal threads. That's how I check the oil.

Yogi
Yogi

I only go to the thread and change the oil when it goes a darker colour

Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19R1