Honda HRU19

Honda HRU19 (page 4 of 10)

HRU19K1, HRU19M1, HRU19D, etc...

Pros

• Starts reliably

• Easy to manoeuvre

• Durable build quality

Cons

• Prone to clogging

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Anthony Y
Anthony YBundoora

Easy to start, always works, cuts the grass!

After having a yard mate mower (whose wheels would roll off on occasion) it was with welcome relief that I received this for a fathers day present. The mower is simple to use and has started for me EVERY SINGLE TIME with 1 or at most 2 pulls. The engine is strong and cuts through Amazon style jungle grass quickly and efficiently. The catcher is fabric so may eventually rot but with some TLC I expect to be using this mower until I'm pushing up grass myself.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Robbo
RobboNorth Queensland, QLD

Beat it

I've had tis mower for 2-3years & never mist a beat.very happy with it.clean it every time u use it & you'll never.have a problem with it. Very impressed. Starts straight up every time.does the job that i nead it to do.so impressed with honda i bought a brush cutter.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Bruce J
Bruce JSydney, NSW

Great Build Quality

Superb build quality, so nice I hate getting it dirty lol. Aluminum Alloy deck is very nicely made, if anything over engineerd as mower is a little on the heavy side, maybe not ideal for the women. Cold starts takes 3-4 pulls Hot starts 1-2 pulls. Easy to change the oil and do general maintenace on.

Leaves grass looking very nice. People complain about chute clogging on cutting wet grass, but cutting grass when wet is silly anyway so.... Only thing i don't like is the catcher as it is not as easy to empty as a plastic catcher as grass gets stuck between metal frame and cover and you need to drag it out by hand.

Good Service from Allmowers Dee Why also.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Adoge
AdogeKellyville

Cuts the grass in no time.

So easy to use. Cuts the grass super fast and doesn't make much noise so it doesn't distract the neighbours. This lawn mower is fantastic. My kids even love using it, since it is that fun. Love the style of it too, looks modern and powerful. Would recommend it to all my friends.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good, but not great

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
steve
steveToowoomba

10 years old this year! Still going strong.

Date PurchasedJan 2008
Greg WAU

Great mower, after a couple of fixes.

To the people having catching and blocking issues, you need to increase the engine speed (adjust governor) and fit an extra 2 blades (4 in total) I can mow Kikuyu lawn in the rain with no blockages. I was very disappointed with this mower before I fixed these 2 issues. I'm going to buy a mulching plug for my HRU19 K1 and try mulch mowing to save emptying the catcher and put nutrients back into the lawn. I'll only do this at the time of the year when there are no weeds.

Date PurchasedJune 2014
Dave
DaveBrisbane

Great mower

i cant fault this product. it cuts with breeze with short and longer grass. money well spent for the price. very easy to maintain along with starting the mower. the catcher can hold a decent amount of cuttings but you need to make sure you have all the grass clippings out the shoot.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Best I ever had

I got my Honda hru 19d from the metal recycling yard for $20 so in other words i gave it a new life did some maintaince on and it put some fresh fuel in it pulled it over and it runs like a horse even tho the blades have no lift it still cuts the grass very well i don't even have it's catcher or mulch plug

Date PurchasedNov 2017

ALANAKELLY
ALANAKELLYKerang

Excellent mower

This lawn mower is amazing and has excellent cutting results. The lawn mower is light weight and very easy to maneuver for anyone. I love the safety feautures too get it to start and how easy it is to operate. It is a really great pi rchase and i recommend this product as it really works

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Lismoron
LismoronLismore

They don't make them like this anymore

This was the first new mower I have ever bought. That was 15 years ago, and its still going strong. It does an extremely good job, has a full width shoot so doesn't get clogged up with wet grass. It's nice and light so very manuverable. Another high quality Honda mower.

Date PurchasedFeb 2002
Poppy
Poppy

Perfect Mower

This is my second Honda Mower, my last Honda I had for 9.5 years and just passed it on to my son. It never missed a beat in all those years, at the start of each season I would install plug oil filter and new blades and away I go. I believe you get what you pay for and I am completely happy with the performance and longevity of the mower.I can see now why all the contractors have Honda mowers. I went back to the shop a week later and got a brushcutter as well and completely happy with it as well.if you need a new mower but one you won’t regret it.Currently on special price so that helps the decision. AAA Rating all round.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Chiara and Robert
Chiara and RobertMelbourne

Easy to operate

We could not be happier with this mower. It's easy to maneuver, easy to operate and maintain, and it cuts better than any other mower we've owned. It starts easily as well. It's quite solid so it's a bit heavier than we expected it to be but that's not entirely a bad thing.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Tony
TonyGippsland, VIC

Good mower, a bit heavy

The mower stars easily and cuts well. I haven't had any blocked chute issues mentioned in other reviews but I don't use the catcher. The mower is heavy but I like the solid build and alloy base and I expect the mower will last for 15 years or more, especially considering it does light duty at my place. My previous Massport only lasted 6 years before the base rusted out and it's briggs and statton motor was smoky.

EDIT: After owning the mower for several months I have had the chute block up in long or wet grass. It's not a big deal for me but would be very frustrating if this was my main mower.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Sinnie
SinnieDalby

Got a bargain!

I was a bit worried at first...considering I purchased mine basically new yet 2nd hand but Im so glad I did!!! Loving the hose connection so I can clean under it without the spray back I use to get from my old briggs & stratton. It has a safety thing that stops the blades when you let go too which i really like :-) cant fault it so far. Oh the adjustable handles are great for your back too.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Geoffrey B.
Geoffrey B.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19R1

Am using this mower for the first time What do I need to do to start the motor?

jbambury
jbambury

Turn the fuel flow on, if it isn't already on, push the throttle all the way forward as far as you can (this activates the choke) then pull the cord. Once the engine fires pull the throttle back midway and let it idle and warm up. I never turn my fuel off and the mower starts 1st pull 98% of the time and always on the 2nd pull if it didn't start 1st pull.

Alan
Alan

On my mower, turn fuel on (I also always leave mine on), hold the engine brake lever on the handle in, and pull the starter.

John Charlie A.
John Charlie A.asked
HRU19

Where do the throttle cables connect on carby

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

From your many posts I believe you should take it to a proper service agent.

John Charlie A.
John Charlie A.asked
HRU19

What type of spark plug & gap size

Honda HRU19

Features:

• The Honda HRU19 is a petrol push mower that’s ideal for medium sized lawns.
  • It has a GCV170 4-stroke engine, which is lightweight and easy to start.
  • The mower has a tough alloy deck, making it durable and able to withstand harsh conditions.
  • An auto choke system automatically sets the choke to provide the optimal start in all types of cutting conditions.
  • A lever to adjust the height of all 4 wheels lets you cut in a way that’s comfortable for you.
  • Debris is easily caught with the mower’s full open discharge shoot.
  • This product has a 4-year domestic warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the lawn mower was simple to start and started reliably - many reviewers also said that it started on the first pull every time they used it.
  • Reviewers also found that the mower was easy to manoeuvre around their lawns.
  • According to reviewers, the build quality of this mower is exceptional; many found that they had very few issues with the mower and rarely needed to service it, even after many years of use.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that the chute of the mower clogged up too frequently. While some found that this only happened with damp or wet grass, there were also reviewers who noted that the mower also clogged up when they cut dry grass.
Compare all 5 Honda HRU19
CategoryPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $939.00$899.00$889.00$899.00
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
FeaturesBlade Brake, Mulching Capability and Quick-Start MotorBlade Brake, Deck Clean-out Port and Mulching CapabilityBlade Brake, Deck Clean-out Port and Mulching Capability
Catcher Type RigidRigidRigidRigid
Catcher Capacity60 L60 L54 L54 L
Cutting Deck MaterialAluminium AlloyAluminium AlloyAluminium AlloyPlastic
Cutting Width470 mm482 mm470 mm470 mm
Height of Cut16 mm to 76 mm16 mm to 76 mm16 mm to 80 mm16 mm to 80 mm
Number of Blades1111
Weight34 kg34 kg31 kg
Manufacturer Warranty4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameHonda GCV160 4-StrokeHonda GCV160 4 StrokeHonda 170cc OHV/OHC 4-stroke EngineHonda GCV170
Engine Type4-Stroke4-Stroke4-Stroke, OHC (Overhead Cam) and OHV (Overhead Valve)4-Stroke
BrandHondaHondaHondaHonda