Honda HRU19

HRU19K1, HRU19M1, HRU19D, etc...

Pros

• Starts reliably

• Easy to manoeuvre

• Durable build quality

Cons

• Prone to clogging

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Ruben
RubenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great BUT

Purchased in September 2014 at Mower place Browns plains for $739.00.

piece of crap

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Phil N
Phil NMelbourne

Can never start it!

This is supposed to be an "easy start" which is why I purchased it but I can just never ever start it. I use fresh petrol, etc. Been like this since day 1. Obviously took it back, but somehow they could start it in front of me, but I never could.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

A LEMON

Bought mower based on Honda reputation for quality.

It has been a lemon since day 1!
I have used this mower for 5-6 hours and it has been back to the dealer 3 times for poor starting No starting.
Parts replaced come home and after 1 hour it will not restart. So back to dealer this week again!!!
SO out comes my Dad's old 35 year old Scott Bonner mower. This mower takes 2-3 pulls off she goes and mows.
Bottom line is. Easy Start as promoted by Honda is a joke!!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

TysonQueensland, 4173

Rubbish mower great engine

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Waste of time and money

The mower has potential to cut the grass if only it worked. It starts easy then after 5 minutes starts surging then just stops. You then have to leave it an hour or more before you can start it again. Have taken it back to service people 5 times already. They can't find a problem. I think the mower is just faulty and should be recalled. I want my money back. We spent a lot of money on this mower so I would have an easy job of mowing the lawn. All I have is trouble.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Chaser
Chaser

Terrible mower

Add me to the long list of owners who hate this mower. I bought mine a couple of years ago and have regretted it ever since.
The chute continually clogs if the grass is the slightest bit damp. It takes me twice as long to cut the lawn because I'm forever having to remove the catcher to unblock the chute. The mower doesn't start easily, on average at least 6 pulls. It has now developed a problem where the engine won't shut off, I'm guessing the throttle cable has slipped and needs adjustment. The mower has only seen around 25 hours use so it's hardly broken in. My old $400 Victa 4 stroke walks all over this mower for ease of use and reliability. I won't be buying a Honda again.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014

Not like they used to make them!

Some 6 years ago I purchased a new buffalo after the old one finally packed it in after getting a good 20 years out of it. I've just returned it to the local dealer after experiencing some serious issues - not sure if I'll be a honda person any more!

Matt
MattToowoomba

Extremely Disappointed

markRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dont bother keep looking

I purchased this mower after my old 2 stoke Victa Mustang became too smokey to use. I have been very disappointed with this mower as it doesnt feed the grass into the catcher very well. If the grass is slightly damp the grass blocks up the shute to the catcher. There is an obvious desigh flaw with this mower. This aside the mower is heavy to push and has no throttle control. This mower should be recalled. I will be taking it backto Ongamac in Lismore and they can sort out the refund with Honda. Will never buy Honda mower again.

Dissapointing

Worst mower Iv ever had if the grass is slightly long or even a little damp it just clogs up due to the smallest chute Iv ever seen.Only had for 6months and can't wait to get rid of it.Every one said to me yes buy Honda they are the best but how is this when iv reverted back to my 15 yr old victa.

Adzy81
Adzy81

So turns out there's no point in Honda replying and saying they will look into yr case as they do absolutely nothing to help fix the problem.Rubbish product and rubbish customer service.

Tommo Mctavish
Tommo MctavishWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Buy if you love mowing the lawn longer than before.

Hi Tommo,
If you could please message us your full name and contact details, we can have a look into this and get to the bottom of your issue.
Many thanks,
Sarah

dzcook
dzcookcharters towers

heap of rubbish

WillLismore NSW

I hate it, it always gets clogged!

Hi Will,
Thank you for providing feedback on this product. If you can get in touch with our customer relations team on 1300 559 846 or email us at customer.relations@honda.com.au we will have someone look into this issue for you.
Many thanks,
Sarah

Geoffrey B.
Geoffrey B.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19R1

Am using this mower for the first time What do I need to do to start the motor?

jbambury
jbambury

Turn the fuel flow on, if it isn't already on, push the throttle all the way forward as far as you can (this activates the choke) then pull the cord. Once the engine fires pull the throttle back midway and let it idle and warm up. I never turn my fuel off and the mower starts 1st pull 98% of the time and always on the 2nd pull if it didn't start 1st pull.

Alan
Alan

On my mower, turn fuel on (I also always leave mine on), hold the engine brake lever on the handle in, and pull the starter.

John Charlie A.
John Charlie A.asked
HRU19

Where do the throttle cables connect on carby

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

From your many posts I believe you should take it to a proper service agent.

John Charlie A.
John Charlie A.asked
HRU19

What type of spark plug & gap size

Features:

• The Honda HRU19 is a petrol push mower that’s ideal for medium sized lawns.
  • It has a GCV170 4-stroke engine, which is lightweight and easy to start.
  • The mower has a tough alloy deck, making it durable and able to withstand harsh conditions.
  • An auto choke system automatically sets the choke to provide the optimal start in all types of cutting conditions.
  • A lever to adjust the height of all 4 wheels lets you cut in a way that’s comfortable for you.
  • Debris is easily caught with the mower’s full open discharge shoot.
  • This product has a 4-year domestic warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the lawn mower was simple to start and started reliably - many reviewers also said that it started on the first pull every time they used it.
  • Reviewers also found that the mower was easy to manoeuvre around their lawns.
  • According to reviewers, the build quality of this mower is exceptional; many found that they had very few issues with the mower and rarely needed to service it, even after many years of use.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that the chute of the mower clogged up too frequently. While some found that this only happened with damp or wet grass, there were also reviewers who noted that the mower also clogged up when they cut dry grass.
Compare all 5 Honda HRU19
CategoryPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $939.00$899.00$889.00$899.00
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
FeaturesBlade Brake, Mulching Capability and Quick-Start MotorBlade Brake, Deck Clean-out Port and Mulching CapabilityBlade Brake, Deck Clean-out Port and Mulching Capability
Catcher Type RigidRigidRigidRigid
Catcher Capacity60 L60 L54 L54 L
Cutting Deck MaterialAluminium AlloyAluminium AlloyAluminium AlloyPlastic
Cutting Width470 mm482 mm470 mm470 mm
Height of Cut16 mm to 76 mm16 mm to 76 mm16 mm to 80 mm16 mm to 80 mm
Number of Blades1111
Weight34 kg34 kg31 kg
Manufacturer Warranty4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameHonda GCV160 4-StrokeHonda GCV160 4 StrokeHonda 170cc OHV/OHC 4-stroke EngineHonda GCV170
Engine Type4-Stroke4-Stroke4-Stroke, OHC (Overhead Cam) and OHV (Overhead Valve)4-Stroke
BrandHondaHondaHondaHonda