Easy to manoeuvre
Durable build quality
Prone to clogging
Reviewer Photos & Videos
I recommend the Honda.
An excellent mower. I have owned it for 12 years. Starts first time. Quite and reliable. It is on its second spark plug but only because I decided to do a service on the mower and replaced the air cleaner and plug at the same time. It is quite and very economical on fuel, infact incredibly so. The spark plug and the air cleaner are the only things I have ever replaced. I expect it should do another ten years or even more.
It can feel a little heavy at times. There are lighter mowers on the market. Expensive, but a cheaper mower is not better value.
Questions & Answers
Am using this mower for the first time What do I need to do to start the motor?
Turn the fuel flow on, if it isn't already on, push the throttle all the way forward as far as you can (this activates the choke) then pull the cord. Once the engine fires pull the throttle back midway and let it idle and warm up. I never turn my fuel off and the mower starts 1st pull 98% of the time and always on the 2nd pull if it didn't start 1st pull.
On my mower, turn fuel on (I also always leave mine on), hold the engine brake lever on the handle in, and pull the starter.
Get an answer from our members
- The Honda HRU19 is a petrol push mower that’s ideal for medium sized lawns.
- It has a GCV170 4-stroke engine, which is lightweight and easy to start.
- The mower has a tough alloy deck, making it durable and able to withstand harsh conditions.
- An auto choke system automatically sets the choke to provide the optimal start in all types of cutting conditions.
- A lever to adjust the height of all 4 wheels lets you cut in a way that’s comfortable for you.
- Debris is easily caught with the mower’s full open discharge shoot.
- This product has a 4-year domestic warranty.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the lawn mower was simple to start and started reliably - many reviewers also said that it started on the first pull every time they used it.
- Reviewers also found that the mower was easy to manoeuvre around their lawns.
- According to reviewers, the build quality of this mower is exceptional; many found that they had very few issues with the mower and rarely needed to service it, even after many years of use.
A point of pain:
- Some reviewers found that the chute of the mower clogged up too frequently. While some found that this only happened with damp or wet grass, there were also reviewers who noted that the mower also clogged up when they cut dry grass.
|Category||Petrol Lawn Mowers||Petrol Lawn Mowers||Petrol Lawn Mowers||Petrol Lawn Mowers|
|Features||Blade Brake, Mulching Capability and Quick-Start Motor||Blade Brake, Deck Clean-out Port and Mulching Capability||Blade Brake, Deck Clean-out Port and Mulching Capability|
|Catcher Capacity||60 L||60 L||54 L||54 L|
|Cutting Deck Material||Aluminium Alloy||Aluminium Alloy||Aluminium Alloy||Plastic|
|Cutting Width||470 mm||482 mm||470 mm||470 mm|
|Height of Cut||16 mm to 76 mm||16 mm to 76 mm||16 mm to 80 mm||16 mm to 80 mm|
|Number of Blades||1||1||1||1|
|Weight||34 kg||34 kg||31 kg|
|Manufacturer Warranty||4 year(s)||4 year(s)||4 year(s)||4 year(s)|
|Engine / Motor|
|Engine Name||Honda GCV160 4-Stroke||Honda GCV160 4 Stroke||Honda 170cc OHV/OHC 4-stroke Engine||Honda GCV170|
|Engine Type||4-Stroke||4-Stroke||4-Stroke, OHC (Overhead Cam) and OHV (Overhead Valve)||4-Stroke|
|Engine Displacement||170 cc|
|Release date||Sept 2010||Sept 2010||Sept 2010|
|Replaced by||Honda Buffalo Buck HRU19M1|
Other Petrol Lawn Mowers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.