Honda HRU196

• Safety
Azat

AzatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not so easy to start

I find it harder to start than our last lawnmower, l can start it but need to position it so l don’t need to hold and pull at the same time.
I’m a small female don’t think men would have my problems.
But still needs more than one pull to start, l find it temperamental.

Very happy with its ability to catch the grass.
I made a thingy magigy to hold the bar up so it doesn’t turn the motor off every time l can’t hold it down.
Might be a safety feature but very annoying.
The large nut thing to stop the handle folding keeps coming undone.

Not sure if l would buy it again, it came recommend by the lawn mowing man an l trusted his judgment.

Purchased in January 2018 at Kingston mowers for A$1,055.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is usedOccasionally

David B.

David B.asked

HRU196

Hi,
I'm about to remove the disc cutter with an impact driver.
Does anyone know which direction to undo the nut, Counter clockwise or clockwise?
My manual says the PTO shaft direction is counter clockwise, thanks.

Crazyjohnasked

Buffalo Classic HRU196D

I have a problem with the handle at the back on the right hand side of the mower.The handle is badly corroded and interfere with raising and lowering the mower height.Where can I buy a replacement handle please? regards John.my email is crazyjohn42@icloud.com.Thanks again.

Paul R.
Paul R.

I suggest you talk to your local friendly Honda dealer who may be able to source a new part for you or may have old mowers around that they can scavenge parts from to repair your mower saving you more money.They get plenty of very cheap trade in mowers ,many of which are handy for spare parts.Give them a call.

Crazyjohn

Thanks for your help Paul.

Julian C.

Julian C.asked

HRU196

My Honda Buck HRU19 (3 years old) starts well but annoyingly surges and fades when under load. I'm guessing the exhaust filter is the problem so I'm continually blowing clear for any dust or grime. Within minutes it's back to the coughing problem.
Any suggestions?

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraci

Sounds like your carb needs a clean. It will be a little bit blocked, unable to get enough fuel under load. If you've cleaned the muffler it's not that

Compare all 3 Honda HRU196
Height of Cut16 mm to 76 mm
Weight44 kg
Engine / Motor
Engine NameHonda GCV160 OHV Iron Bore
Engine TypeOHV (Overhead Valve)
BrandHonda