Honda HRU196

Honda HRU196 (page 2 of 6)

HRU196M1 (L/R, Blade Brake), HRU196D, HRU196K1

• Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

kgn

kgnMelbourne

Solid mower - should give a long life based on experience with the original still going strong

Date PurchasedNov 2016
happy campers

happy campersbrisbane

CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU

This Honda mower is the best mower I have ever owned, heaps of power and so quite, the mower cuts very clean and fills the catcher full as a googe even wet grass packs in tight, the Honda is so easy to clean by putting the hose in the deck hole, starts first time every time, well done Honda.

Date PurchasedAug 2010
Viva Espana

Viva EspanaSurfers Paradise QLD. 4217

HONDA HRU 196 HAD LOTS OF HARD WORK BUT AS NEVER LET ME DOWN.... VERY GOOD MACHINE

Date PurchasedMay 2004

gardener george

gardener georgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Like the old but better

The 19 inch special edition heritage is a very good mower, I've reviewed my five year old previous modal with the fabric catcher and half shute in product review. This newer modal that I've had a year has the old style plastic catcher, full shute width, engine braking, you can mow the lawn a notch shorter with the same ease and its lighter, same reliability, it makes a difference in effort required compared to the other honda, you'll be lucky to find the heritage as it's a special edition, but it's a good improvement.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

I regret my purchase decision

This is my third Honda lawnmower.
Every mower has got progressively worse.
Current one won't start and has always been difficult to start. If you are lucky, you may be able to find a Honda HRU150 in good condition. This is the one that Honda established its reputation on and has not been able to produce one as user friendly or reliable since.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Brad

BradNewcastle

High Quality Engine. Superb finish to lawn, when it works.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

First time I have purchased a Honda Lawn mower and I am very disappointed.

Same as other reviews, the shoot continually blocks and doesn't pick up the grass clippings. I mow my lawn every 2 weeks when its is dry, and it is still a burden. It also seems to be under powered and I have returned mower to dealer in Bunbury W.A. regularly complaining of low throttle speed, as I thought that this was the reason for grass blockage, nothing has improved. Also my clothes continually get caught on the protruding throttle cable guide. Very disappointed. It is no longer a pleasure to mow my lawn.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
NotAHappyCustomer

NotAHappyCustomerAU

Great mower

Very, very happy with this mower. It cuts well, feels solidly built and is easy to use.

The downside: there was a small production run of engines which had faulty throttles. Mine was unfortunately one of those, and it took a couple of trips back to the retailer (Haughton Honda, in Adelaide) to get it fixed. But since then it's been flawless and is a pleasure to use.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Juzz

JuzzAU

Terrible product - with narrow Shute !

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Check your blades

We were about to sell our supposed great Honda top of the range mower cause it wouldn't pick up grass. Even dry grass. But I got new NON MULCH BLADES & yeah it now catches grass & even filled the catcher. Never has this happen before. Even from brand new. The dealer fitted new blades but they were mulching blades. Now fitted with low & high throw blades it works a treat. Finally a nice looking lawn

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid Honda Mowers At All Costs

Date PurchasedAug 2013
RenegadeLC

RenegadeLCAU

Preformed better than expected

Mulching is amazing and cuts like a dream Whisper quite with punch. Compared to my old mower this makes me moist. I will have intimate dreams of this mower tonight. I'm going to file for divorce and marry my lawn mower. My heart lies deep with this one. XOXO gossip gorl
Update!! Height adjustment is flimsy and hard to manage. Poor design and enginge cut off is a pain i use a sttap to keep engine running. Other than that. Good machine

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Garie

GarieIllawarra, NSW

1st and only honda

Sara what good is it reporting our problems,we are still stuck with a bad mower.i am glad i kept my old victa when grass is damp out it comes and does the job so easy,$1000 worth of mower stays in the shed Great ad for honda.Plus mower is way way to heavy.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

narrow shute

I hate the narrow chute and bag catcher...cloggs up all the time and PVC catcher is mutch better...the older buffalo 196 were a magnificent machine with the wide chute and PVC catcher..never buying a narrow chute mower again ever...go back to the old style mower...a lot of mowing contractors agree with me..

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Mark Camilleri

Mark CamilleriSydney, Nsw, 2145

Terrible.

Won't get that time back
What a waste I had to sell it for half the price
It might be an ok mower in the desert but I would highly advice not to purchase any Honda with the back shoot half closed up.why they still building that way.
It gets blocked even if the grass is the slightest bit moist.so you have to mulch but that still stalls
The mower after 15 steps.
It is well built great handles good wheels it just is no good for Sydney conditions
Very heavy

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Wantone

WantoneSouth Australia

Great mower. Small chute gap is OKAY because...

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Frank

FrankPerth, WA

Very disappointing lawnmower for the cost

JMJ

JMJMaryborough

Should be replaced at no charge per ACCC

Honda know there's a problem with the small chute that is why they bought out a conversion kit for it I sold Honda mowers for many years and have spoken to the Honda rep and he informed me there was a kit made for this mower regarding this problem engine great design shocking

Date PurchasedApr 2015

The best mower I have ever used

I've had one of these mowers for 6+ years and it's never let me down. I have a large lawn (500 sqm) with thick buffalo grass. This mower just powers through it - never stalls. I'm sure I'll still be using it many years from now (or maybe my son will!).

Date PurchasedJan 2010