Honda HRU196

Honda HRU196 (page 2 of 3)

HRU196M1 (L/R, Blade Brake), HRU196D, HRU196K1

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Best mower ever

Have had this mower for 4 years now bought because i was working away easy and safe for the wife to use. Hunted around until i found a shop with a mower without blade break. All i have ever done is replace blades and added a snorkel. After leaving it sit for two years while on a job in Queensland i came home filled it with premium unleaded and it started first pull as always. When i bought it i took it to dealer for first service and they adjusted engine speed and the mower got much better at catching and just sounded so much better. So maybe if yours isnt catching and mulching quite right get them to investigate the speed.

Great to hear your feedback josh. - Sarah

Colin Kay

Colin KaySydney

What I needed

Spent a long time thinking if I should spend the money on this lawn mower. Just after my third cut I thought to myself, should've been bought a long time ago.
It has a quiete engine and runs smooth. Good on fuel too.
Had this for three months now and still starts first time. Well see after a year.
Makes my job easier and better
Too too heavy

Fantastic to hear your feedback Colin Kay. - Sarah

Trok Ground Care ,New Ze

Trok Ground Care ,New ZeHamilton, New Zealand.

Wanted ,cant buy this model in New Zealand any more

In the job of lawn care, I have found this model great, I would like to buy 2 more, but the dealers tell me they don't sell them any more ,so I brought a new hru196,and found that it is to heavy ,doesn't like to pick up wet grass , I have tried different blades ,people in the lawn care game want then they are like gold, Time is money and doing a good job , come on Honda sell me 2 of them.
Light weight ,catch in any weather, great engine,
the only thing i could say is the handle for gound adjustment, make stronger

Mark Johnson

Mark JohnsonGeraldton , W.A.

Happy Honda !

I have two Honda mowers and they are the best I have them regularly serviced. If you want a machine that the professionals use and will do the job every time then get a Honda. They can be expensive to buy however you get what you pay for and they are worth it in the long run.
Quality , reliability and durability.
none to mention.

Artie K

Artie KSydney, NSW

Honda Mower - HRU-196M1 - Well & truly met my high expectations!

Craig
Craig

the best by far

i have been commercial mowie 18 years and i can tell u Honda easily the best i tell u why, ive had the same two Honda's 15 years and im not pulling your leg, been regularly serviced, they are tough machines, in this time i bought other brands and they fall apart, do yourself a favour do not buy anything else
if you regular service them and look after them they will go on forever.
cuts grass very clean, never drops leaves
cant think of one

wise awl
wise awl

agree, shame the new model hru196 is not as good as this model

Luke
Luke

Hi honda i can tell you something right now maybe widen the chute i think thats the only thing wrong

Superb mower that just purrs along and never misses a beat, the mulching function really works and is no gimmick. I never have had the need to use the catcher so I cant comment on it.
Love it, powerful quiet and economical. This mower has its work cut out, we live on 1.5 acres, and obviously it's not all lawn. However there is still the equivalent of 4-5 smaller blocks. The Honda powers thru the job without any hint of giving up. The finish is superb, any better than a professional ride on mower man has achieved. If you want a serious mower buy this Honda....
None that i have found yet.

gsr

gsrSouth of Christchurch

Best. Mower. Ever.

After years of near apoplexy caused by lawn mowers designed by people who hate me, I finally caved and bought a "real" mower. My only regret is that I didn't do it a long time ago. This Honda is strong, grunty, reliable, and does a great job, especially mulching. The HRU196D starts first time, every time, even after it has sat for months with fuel in the tank and carb after I forgot to drain it before going overseas. Duh. My only criticism is that the handle locking bolts (halfway up, where you fold it) can come loose and fall out after a few hours mowing. Make sure you periodically check them.
Strong, grunty, reliable, effective.
Watch those handle bolts.

markden

markdenSydney, NSW

MultiGazman
MultiGazman

Excellent, I decent review at last,These are the things you need to know when buying a machine of any type.Thanks for the through review, Im off to buy a new honda mower.

kjm1

kjm1South-East, TAS

Family Heirloom

Eight years old and still going like its new. very economical. Takes me about 3.5 hours to mow our block. We bought a ride on for $3500 dollars it lasted two months and fell to bits but did the mowing in about 40 mins. At least I deserve a beer after pusing the Honda.
Please make a Honda ride on mower.
Starts first time, Great cut, cheap to run, easy to service,
will outlast me

HAS11

HAS11Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Honda performance

I run a mowing business that I have been running for 7 years a I have always used hondas and this model Is my pick of the lot, I have newer and older models
Honda reliability and performance, power

kp

kpQLD, 4560

You get what you pay for, and this is worth the extra investment.

After my parent's Honda push mower surpassed 25 years (still going strong), I wanted to get a Honda as well. However, the price was a bit high, so we did lots of research. It kept coming back to Honda for the best long term product value.

It's definitely ideal to have the rear wheel drive, especially on hilly lots. It has the power to work up the hill, so you don't have to. Starts up first time, every time. The mulch and catch feature is fantastic. No grass in bags, and the cuts blend in well with the grass. Also the unique three speed option is perfect for switching between long stretches of grass and more cramped spaces.
Reliable brand, easy start, great features.
Accelorator bar could probably be a bit more robust at the hinges.

this mower is the best ive ever used. all the contracters use honda becuase it is the best mower brand you can buy but dont get mich mach a honda.
this mower is the best ive ever used. this mower is bullet proof water proof the only prt not water proof is if you chuck it in a dam. it has a qud cut dish so you can have 1,2,3 or 4 blades 4 blades is the best for mowing around the house but 2 blades is the best for slashing.
i wasnt very impressed with the starter cord half way up the handle so i took it off.

EmilyBieman
EmilyBieman

Too heavy for the average female

Talktheroo

TalktherooAU

The best.

Put simply, the best mower on the market. I have owned one of these mowers for about three years now, always starts first pull of the cord.
Highly recommend this product.
Everything.

Jessie11
Jessie11

My Honda was bought 16 years ago and it starts like a new one. Had others but they were a waste of money.It still goes after professionally using it for 4 years.
It is a great product at all times.

Dnbj

DnbjNT, 0881

Fantastic

Great mower, cuts beautifully. I love using it and try to beat my husband to it. Fuel usage is great and blades last ages.
Easy to get parts (blades, spark plugs etc).
Reliable, and easy to use

chaddy_joel

chaddy_joelAU

What a beast!

Picked this beast up on the weekend.

Just an absolute dream to use. The motor purrs. Cuts through any sort of grass with ease. I can now see why all the contractors use this mower.

I start it up in the shed just to listen to it.
Best mower on the market, fuel efficient, clean cut
Nothing really. If anything it's a little heavier than other mowers.

sandyfeet

sandyfeetAU

bennydaman1992

bennydaman1992AU

Couldn't work without it!

davidslam