Honda HRU196

Honda HRU196 (page 3 of 6)

HRU196M1 (L/R, Blade Brake), HRU196D, HRU196K1

• Fuel Efficiency

Self Funded RetireeCentral Queensland, QLD

HRU196M1 Heritage

James H.Honda

Two years on what do I think?
My original comments remain extant. However, since buying a new house on a hill I've also discovered just how heavy the mow is to push on slight gradients.

Self Funded Retiree

Four years on. Worst mower ever. Sorry Honda you will not get anymore business from me.

SPJ

SPJCairns

Design flaws

James H.Honda

Thanks for providing your thoughts SPJ. Please know I have passed your feedback onto the appropriate parties -Sarah

mowergirlsydney

im getting frustrated using my mower

My mower is just over a year old, so relatively new. It constantly stops while i mow, this started a few months ago. I called the shop where i bought it, told them what happened. They told me to bring it in, i cannot as its too heavy. They told me it might be water in the fuel, so i removed all the fuel, bought new fuel from a different station, i changed the fuel a couple of times but same thing happens and still happening. Its so frustrating my old victa was so reliable but it fell apart, oh! How i miss it. I bought the Honda as i thought i was buying quality, but i feel ripped off. Did i buy a lemon? Does anybody else have this problem?

James H.Honda

Hi Mowergirl, Sounds like you have an isolated issue. Could you please message us your suburb/ postcode and we will arrange to have your unit inspected?
-Sarah

mowergirl

All fixed now. My friend drained fuel through carburator, working fine now.

Tinboy

TinboyMelbourne

Over engineered quality mower just not executed correctly

James H.Honda

Hi Tinboy, Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Please know that this has been passed on. - Sarah

Langas

LangasPalmerston, NT

Great

I wanted to get a new mower and having other Honda equipment, wanted to get a Honda mower mainly for the ease of starting. After reading reviews, I was hesitant to get a Honda. I rang Honda and questioned them on the reviews and they gave me answers to all the questions I asked. I ended up buying a mower from the local Honda dealer and so far have been extremely satisfied with it. We had a huge down pour the day prior to mowing the lawn, and using a sensible height setting had no issues with grass clippings clogging up the discharge shute. So far so good, would recommend speaking to Honda or your dealer prior to purchasing if you have any questions.

James H.Honda

Hi Kangas, thanks for taking the time to review the HRU196M1. Its great to hear that you thoroughly did your research.
-Sarah

Spog64Adelaide

Still crap!

Had another fun day with this $1000 piece of crap yesterday.......and yes Honda lady the grass was dry........not short though (the reason I was cutting it) but still had to manually clear the pissant little chute by hand no less than 4 times. Not bad for 160 sqm of lawn.

Sparrow

SparrowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Honda - a great machine, but!

Enzo44

Enzo44Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't stand using my lawn mower

ManandhisMachineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable engine, Solid body -chute gets blocked sometimes

Joshy

Joshy

Can't complaint

I owned Honda HRU196D for about 7 years now and it getting the job done all the time. It hasn't given me any problems yet I think it's tough and durable mower. I changed spark plug and oil once a year and no need to take it to mower shop for services. Happy with the mower and can't complaint.

James H.Honda

Thanks Joshy for taking the time to share your experience with the HRU196D. Its is great to hear your thoughts on this model. -Sarah

CamPooleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Does the job admirably. Sometimes.

Lucky

LuckyDevonport

waste of money

Im a commercial lawn mower. The shoot is just to narrow ,I have the newer model with a "slightly" wider opening and a silly metal lip on the catcher- gets in the way when u try to empty into bags. The new mulcher plug that is available is terrible to put in properly and very hard to remove.

It sounds like the older version were a great unit and the R & D guys screwed the mower. However i do like the blade brake even if i had to cable tie the yellow button down on the top of the handle. (that button is a silly idea)

James H.Honda

Commercial mower, but doesn't do the job

Missing The Point

James H.Honda

Old model was MUCH better!

Hi,
As a lawn contractor for over ten years I must say! You need a new design team! Someone who actually uses the product. Your older style was lighter, cheaper, and much better machine! Almost 10kgs heavier! For a blade or engine break. And yes they clog!!! I expect much more from Honda.

gypsy

Hi Martin thanks for your review. - Sarah

Oldmate

Oldmate

Just Dont

Catcher bag completely useless dust everwhere have too stop mowing wash out my eyes and mouth, my lawn is green but in dry conditions what a joke how to trash a great brand week 3 back at dealer for oil leak dealer advised many customers are unhappy with catcher dust issues no had plastic cat her available
Honda has gone to the dogs just buy a cheap bunnings mower
Do not waste your mony on this..

James H.Honda

Hi Oldmate, sorry to hear that you had this issue!
If you would like to discuss this further or have any questions or queries please contact customer.relations@honda.com.au. Many thanks, Sarah

Best mower ever

Have had this mower for 4 years now bought because i was working away easy and safe for the wife to use. Hunted around until i found a shop with a mower without blade break. All i have ever done is replace blades and added a snorkel. After leaving it sit for two years while on a job in Queensland i came home filled it with premium unleaded and it started first pull as always. When i bought it i took it to dealer for first service and they adjusted engine speed and the mower got much better at catching and just sounded so much better. So maybe if yours isnt catching and mulching quite right get them to investigate the speed.

Great to hear your feedback josh. - Sarah