Honda HRU196
See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

B . LAW
B . LAWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just too Heavy, FALSE ADVERTISING by Honda.....Lightweight to push...…Yeh right.

Purchased in June 2021 for $1,300.00.

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

Purchased in November 2019 at All Mower Spares for $1,200.00.

Garie
GarieIllawarra, NSW

1st and only honda

Sara what good is it reporting our problems,we are still stuck with a bad mower.i am glad i kept my old victa when grass is damp out it comes and does the job so easy,$1000 worth of mower stays in the shed Great ad for honda.Plus mower is way way to heavy.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Mark Camilleri
Mark CamilleriSydney, Nsw, 2145

Terrible.

Won't get that time back
What a waste I had to sell it for half the price
It might be an ok mower in the desert but I would highly advice not to purchase any Honda with the back shoot half closed up.why they still building that way.
It gets blocked even if the grass is the slightest bit moist.so you have to mulch but that still stalls
The mower after 15 steps.
It is well built great handles good wheels it just is no good for Sydney conditions
Very heavy

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Frank
FrankPerth, WA

Very disappointing lawnmower for the cost

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
JMJ
JMJMaryborough

Should be replaced at no charge per ACCC

Honda know there's a problem with the small chute that is why they bought out a conversion kit for it I sold Honda mowers for many years and have spoken to the Honda rep and he informed me there was a kit made for this mower regarding this problem engine great design shocking

Date PurchasedApr 2015
mowergirlsydney

im getting frustrated using my mower

My mower is just over a year old, so relatively new. It constantly stops while i mow, this started a few months ago. I called the shop where i bought it, told them what happened. They told me to bring it in, i cannot as its too heavy. They told me it might be water in the fuel, so i removed all the fuel, bought new fuel from a different station, i changed the fuel a couple of times but same thing happens and still happening. Its so frustrating my old victa was so reliable but it fell apart, oh! How i miss it. I bought the Honda as i thought i was buying quality, but i feel ripped off. Did i buy a lemon? Does anybody else have this problem?

James H.Honda

Hi Mowergirl, Sounds like you have an isolated issue. Could you please message us your suburb/ postcode and we will arrange to have your unit inspected?
-Sarah

mowergirl

All fixed now. My friend drained fuel through carburator, working fine now.

Tinboy
TinboyMelbourne

Over engineered quality mower just not executed correctly

James H.Honda

Hi Tinboy, Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Please know that this has been passed on. - Sarah

Old model was MUCH better!

Hi,
As a lawn contractor for over ten years I must say! You need a new design team! Someone who actually uses the product. Your older style was lighter, cheaper, and much better machine! Almost 10kgs heavier! For a blade or engine break. And yes they clog!!! I expect much more from Honda.

Garie
GarieIllawarra, NSW

Stung twice

Why do we have to pay for the bigger bag? it is a problem with the mower so why dont honda pay for it?.I have had a HRU196m1 for a week and im not happy with it.I mowed my back lawn(18x14 metres) the shute blocked 3 times and the grass was only slightly damp.My 25 yr old victa never blocked up.I think honda has a hide to tell us to buy a so called remedy for a design problem they know about .

Very unhappy

This mower clogs up all the time. Had to use the cheap back up mower to do the lawns properly and it did not clog at all. Honda might think that they are good coming up with these new ideas but having less than half of the back of the mower to eject the grass is just stupid!! Not happy!!
Motor
Clogs with grass all the time.

Craigwestern australia

A very poor mower

This mower continually blocks up due to the small shute. The blade brake is a joke. Why does the public have to allow for idiots. Mowers have been around along time without the need of a blade brake. Honda should go back to the KISS method and once again produce a good mower
Reliable engine. Solid base(weight a slight issue)
Does not catch grass as shute blocks far to easily.

Craig

Just so I am not a whinging whinger, the Honda range of trimmers(whipper snippers) and blowers are bullet proof in my opinion. I wouldnt use anything else. I hope they get the mower right.

Honda gone backwards

I've been a lawn mower man for 30 years,always loyal to honda, latest edition from honda is very dissapointing. the smaller chute clogs up far to easy, when the going got tough honda used to get going, now its useless. looks like the last honda i'll buy unless they widen chute!!!!
height lever.
cuoldn't catch a cold.

James
James
ligedyletch
ligedyletchSouth East Queensland, QLD

HRU196K1 - Great engine but poorly engineered catcher design. Not worth the money.

expert
expert
vladimir
vladimir

I can't understand you, where do you think the grass is going to go if the catcher is full?what do you think the catcher should empty itself so you don't spill grass when you empty it.

Craig

Logan the problem being is that you have to clear the shute every time you fill a bag especially if there is any hint of moisture. In other ealier models with a full open shute there was no shute to clear.

Bad