Honda HRU196

• Fuel Efficiency

jeremy.ieraci

jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

Tough

Purchased in November 2019 at All Mower Spares for $1,200.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Product is usedDaily

Mower is good, catcher is crap.

The catcher is bad enough to put you into a fit of rage. Won't throw all the way to the back, only ever half fills, even after cleaning the screen.
Love the mower, hate the catcher. My advice would be to spend the extra for the next model, or look at another brand.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Brad

BradNewcastle

High Quality Engine. Superb finish to lawn, when it works.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Garie

GarieIllawarra, NSW

1st and only honda

Sara what good is it reporting our problems,we are still stuck with a bad mower.i am glad i kept my old victa when grass is damp out it comes and does the job so easy,$1000 worth of mower stays in the shed Great ad for honda.Plus mower is way way to heavy.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Mark Camilleri

Mark CamilleriSydney, Nsw, 2145

Terrible.

Won't get that time back
What a waste I had to sell it for half the price
It might be an ok mower in the desert but I would highly advice not to purchase any Honda with the back shoot half closed up.why they still building that way.
It gets blocked even if the grass is the slightest bit moist.so you have to mulch but that still stalls
The mower after 15 steps.
It is well built great handles good wheels it just is no good for Sydney conditions
Very heavy

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Frank

FrankPerth, WA

Very disappointing lawnmower for the cost

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
JMJ

JMJMaryborough

Should be replaced at no charge per ACCC

Honda know there's a problem with the small chute that is why they bought out a conversion kit for it I sold Honda mowers for many years and have spoken to the Honda rep and he informed me there was a kit made for this mower regarding this problem engine great design shocking

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Self Funded RetireeCentral Queensland, QLD

HRU196M1 Heritage

James H.Honda

Two years on what do I think?
My original comments remain extant. However, since buying a new house on a hill I've also discovered just how heavy the mow is to push on slight gradients.

Self Funded Retiree

Four years on. Worst mower ever. Sorry Honda you will not get anymore business from me.

SPJ

SPJCairns

Design flaws

James H.Honda

Thanks for providing your thoughts SPJ. Please know I have passed your feedback onto the appropriate parties -Sarah

mowergirlsydney

im getting frustrated using my mower

My mower is just over a year old, so relatively new. It constantly stops while i mow, this started a few months ago. I called the shop where i bought it, told them what happened. They told me to bring it in, i cannot as its too heavy. They told me it might be water in the fuel, so i removed all the fuel, bought new fuel from a different station, i changed the fuel a couple of times but same thing happens and still happening. Its so frustrating my old victa was so reliable but it fell apart, oh! How i miss it. I bought the Honda as i thought i was buying quality, but i feel ripped off. Did i buy a lemon? Does anybody else have this problem?

James H.Honda

Hi Mowergirl, Sounds like you have an isolated issue. Could you please message us your suburb/ postcode and we will arrange to have your unit inspected?
-Sarah

mowergirl

All fixed now. My friend drained fuel through carburator, working fine now.

Tinboy

TinboyMelbourne

Over engineered quality mower just not executed correctly

James H.Honda

Hi Tinboy, Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Please know that this has been passed on. - Sarah

CamPooleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Does the job admirably. Sometimes.

Lucky

LuckyDevonport

waste of money

Im a commercial lawn mower. The shoot is just to narrow ,I have the newer model with a "slightly" wider opening and a silly metal lip on the catcher- gets in the way when u try to empty into bags. The new mulcher plug that is available is terrible to put in properly and very hard to remove.

It sounds like the older version were a great unit and the R & D guys screwed the mower. However i do like the blade brake even if i had to cable tie the yellow button down on the top of the handle. (that button is a silly idea)

James H.Honda

Old model was MUCH better!

Hi,
As a lawn contractor for over ten years I must say! You need a new design team! Someone who actually uses the product. Your older style was lighter, cheaper, and much better machine! Almost 10kgs heavier! For a blade or engine break. And yes they clog!!! I expect much more from Honda.

Garie

GarieIllawarra, NSW

Stung twice

Why do we have to pay for the bigger bag? it is a problem with the mower so why dont honda pay for it?.I have had a HRU196m1 for a week and im not happy with it.I mowed my back lawn(18x14 metres) the shute blocked 3 times and the grass was only slightly damp.My 25 yr old victa never blocked up.I think honda has a hide to tell us to buy a so called remedy for a design problem they know about .

Christer

ChristerAU

The chute clogs up

The mower is generally really good with a strong motor and efficient cutting. It works even in long grass. However the chute clogs up in no time and you end up tying the cover up which means you get grass cutting all over you when you mow.
After having used this mower for a long time, I realise the chute doens't clog up if the grass is properly dry but as I live in the tropics, the grass is almost always a bit wet.

Chute is a real problem. If you mowe wet grass you want another mower.

Very unhappy

This mower clogs up all the time. Had to use the cheap back up mower to do the lawns properly and it did not clog at all. Honda might think that they are good coming up with these new ideas but having less than half of the back of the mower to eject the grass is just stupid!! Not happy!!
Motor
Clogs with grass all the time.

gardener george

gardener georgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

good mower for the dry, if grass isn't too long

Craigwestern australia

A very poor mower

This mower continually blocks up due to the small shute. The blade brake is a joke. Why does the public have to allow for idiots. Mowers have been around along time without the need of a blade brake. Honda should go back to the KISS method and once again produce a good mower
Reliable engine. Solid base(weight a slight issue)
Does not catch grass as shute blocks far to easily.

Craig

Just so I am not a whinging whinger, the Honda range of trimmers(whipper snippers) and blowers are bullet proof in my opinion. I wouldnt use anything else. I hope they get the mower right.

Honda gone backwards

I've been a lawn mower man for 30 years,always loyal to honda, latest edition from honda is very dissapointing. the smaller chute clogs up far to easy, when the going got tough honda used to get going, now its useless. looks like the last honda i'll buy unless they widen chute!!!!
height lever.