Honda HRU196

Honda HRU196 (page 2 of 5)

HRU196M1 (L/R, Blade Brake), HRU196D, HRU196K1

• Fuel Efficiency

NotAHappyCustomer

NotAHappyCustomerAU

Great mower

Very, very happy with this mower. It cuts well, feels solidly built and is easy to use.

The downside: there was a small production run of engines which had faulty throttles. Mine was unfortunately one of those, and it took a couple of trips back to the retailer (Haughton Honda, in Adelaide) to get it fixed. But since then it's been flawless and is a pleasure to use.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Juzz

JuzzAU

Terrible product - with narrow Shute !

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid Honda Mowers At All Costs

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Garie

GarieIllawarra, NSW

1st and only honda

Sara what good is it reporting our problems,we are still stuck with a bad mower.i am glad i kept my old victa when grass is damp out it comes and does the job so easy,$1000 worth of mower stays in the shed Great ad for honda.Plus mower is way way to heavy.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

narrow shute

I hate the narrow chute and bag catcher...cloggs up all the time and PVC catcher is mutch better...the older buffalo 196 were a magnificent machine with the wide chute and PVC catcher..never buying a narrow chute mower again ever...go back to the old style mower...a lot of mowing contractors agree with me..

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Mark Camilleri

Mark CamilleriSydney, Nsw, 2145

Terrible.

Won't get that time back
What a waste I had to sell it for half the price
It might be an ok mower in the desert but I would highly advice not to purchase any Honda with the back shoot half closed up.why they still building that way.
It gets blocked even if the grass is the slightest bit moist.so you have to mulch but that still stalls
The mower after 15 steps.
It is well built great handles good wheels it just is no good for Sydney conditions
Very heavy

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Wantone

WantoneSouth Australia

Great mower. Small chute gap is OKAY because...

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Frank

FrankPerth, WA

Very disappointing lawnmower for the cost

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
JMJ

JMJMaryborough

Should be replaced at no charge per ACCC

Honda know there's a problem with the small chute that is why they bought out a conversion kit for it I sold Honda mowers for many years and have spoken to the Honda rep and he informed me there was a kit made for this mower regarding this problem engine great design shocking

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Find out how Honda HRU196 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

The best mower I have ever used

I've had one of these mowers for 6+ years and it's never let me down. I have a large lawn (500 sqm) with thick buffalo grass. This mower just powers through it - never stalls. I'm sure I'll still be using it many years from now (or maybe my son will!).

Date PurchasedJan 2010
Mr T

Mr TBrisbane

Mrt

Date PurchasedJune 2015

mowergirlsydney

im getting frustrated using my mower

My mower is just over a year old, so relatively new. It constantly stops while i mow, this started a few months ago. I called the shop where i bought it, told them what happened. They told me to bring it in, i cannot as its too heavy. They told me it might be water in the fuel, so i removed all the fuel, bought new fuel from a different station, i changed the fuel a couple of times but same thing happens and still happening. Its so frustrating my old victa was so reliable but it fell apart, oh! How i miss it. I bought the Honda as i thought i was buying quality, but i feel ripped off. Did i buy a lemon? Does anybody else have this problem?

James H.Honda

Hi Mowergirl, Sounds like you have an isolated issue. Could you please message us your suburb/ postcode and we will arrange to have your unit inspected?
-Sarah

mowergirl

All fixed now. My friend drained fuel through carburator, working fine now.

Tinboy

TinboyMelbourne

Over engineered quality mower just not executed correctly

James H.Honda

Hi Tinboy, Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Please know that this has been passed on. - Sarah

Langas

LangasPalmerston, NT

Great

I wanted to get a new mower and having other Honda equipment, wanted to get a Honda mower mainly for the ease of starting. After reading reviews, I was hesitant to get a Honda. I rang Honda and questioned them on the reviews and they gave me answers to all the questions I asked. I ended up buying a mower from the local Honda dealer and so far have been extremely satisfied with it. We had a huge down pour the day prior to mowing the lawn, and using a sensible height setting had no issues with grass clippings clogging up the discharge shute. So far so good, would recommend speaking to Honda or your dealer prior to purchasing if you have any questions.

James H.Honda

Hi Kangas, thanks for taking the time to review the HRU196M1. Its great to hear that you thoroughly did your research.
-Sarah

Spog64Adelaide

Still crap!

Had another fun day with this $1000 piece of crap yesterday.......and yes Honda lady the grass was dry........not short though (the reason I was cutting it) but still had to manually clear the pissant little chute by hand no less than 4 times. Not bad for 160 sqm of lawn.

Enzo44

Enzo44Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't stand using my lawn mower

ManandhisMachineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable engine, Solid body -chute gets blocked sometimes

Joshy

Joshy

Can't complaint

I owned Honda HRU196D for about 7 years now and it getting the job done all the time. It hasn't given me any problems yet I think it's tough and durable mower. I changed spark plug and oil once a year and no need to take it to mower shop for services. Happy with the mower and can't complaint.

James H.Honda

Thanks Joshy for taking the time to share your experience with the HRU196D. Its is great to hear your thoughts on this model. -Sarah

Commercial mower, but doesn't do the job

Missing The Point