4Honda CB125E

Honda CB125E

4Honda CB125E
4.3

86% · 737 · 8%
Brand Manager for Honda Motorcycles? Claim your listing.

Josh

Brian in Brisbane2 posts

Gordon FSB
Gordon FSBSydney, NSW126 posts

Nice little bike

I have had this bike for 4 months now as my very first ever bike - bought new. I have only 500 km on it but it suits me as a little commuter bike. It is almost a statement for me to sit on the roads near other riders with their sports bikes and their black leathers - me with my fluoro vest and L plates. Anway - a reliable, light weight, easy to learn bike. Fragile though. I dropped it once and snapped the clutch lever - learned my lesson the hard way.

Show 5 replies

Tucuman Lin Cho
Tucuman Lin ChoMelbourne3 posts

Few months in review

Well I've had the cb125e for a few months now and have clocked about 700k's. This is a really good bike though it does lack power. It's only 125cc so I'm sure you all knew that. This bike goes really well in inner city and suburbia up to 60km an hour. It also survives well in the 60 - 80 km per hour speed range. I recommend it for commuting and some quiet riding. Though under no circumstances should you ever take this on a highway. It will not keep up with traffic and will be tossed about by the wind from other vehicles. If you take this on a freeway you should not have a motorbike licence. I do recommend this bike for inner city and suburban streets and roads. Though under no circumstances for the freeway.

Cornel
Cornel

Levi
Levi5 posts

Fantastic bike

top bike, my only complaints about it is the side firings are cheaply made plastic,pushing aside that flaw is a fantastic city computer priced well top fuel economy and a lot fun to ride

Jimbalaya
JimbalayaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts

Matty1981
Matty1981Mid North Coast, NSW23 posts
Lion king
Lion kingNSW, 217016 posts

Perfect for a learner

This motorbike is perfect for a learner, got mine last month and I love it, easy to ride and I even do the service myself it's that easy, just change the oil and clean the chain and my next task is to remove the rack as it looks a bit ugly, I recommend this bike for anyone who is looking to start riding.

Geoff

what04SYDNEY4 posts

Ritchie
Ritchie

8000kms in 4 months

Yes 8000 kms in 4 months, I havent got a car so the bike is my workhorse, ridden in rain,hail,sleet, not yet snow, found the bike is alittle under powered and sits only around 80-85km/h, talked to lads at Rangiora Honda, they are sourcing a bigger drive sprocket to reduce the engine rpm and increase top end speed, I live in a country town fantastic for riding around, it is just the intercity commute when I have to travel on main 100km/h roads, that I find I am always looking in my mirror to see what is coming up behind me.

Orammoraz

roft

Unhappy Honda 125E Owner
Unhappy Honda 125E Owner

Honda 125 E Stalls Rattling Noise Etc

Not happy with a brand new bike mal performing. Took to dealer no satisfaction received. DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE. I had Hondas before and was very happy with them. NOT THIS ONE THOUGH. DEALERSHIP needs to become proactive and be helpful to customers after sales service. appalling after sales service.
TOOK TO DEALERSHIP they can not locate problem
Bad warranty service
Damien
Damien

Great around town

Ive had my cb125e for not quite 12mths now been great around town not good on the hwy but I brought this new off the show floor it has leaking fork seals tyres are too green (shreading) all tho these bikes would be good for the learner rider or the inexperienced
efficient and reliable
bad warrenty service
BErica
BEricaMosman7 posts

Honda CB125

Great little bike for $2500. It's a small Honda, the world learned to ride on small Hondas so you know they have it right. Super easy to ride for a beginner or a commuter. Nice bike fuel tank gives great range. It's also a real bike albeit a little one not some retro cool scooter. Why would you spend $10-15K on a you-beaut sports bike to commute on or some bashed up flogged 250 or a Hyosung 650GTR(ubbish) when this is such a good deal.
Cheap to buy new, easy handling, economical, 14L tank.
10.7 hp isn't too much but easily enough.
Chris
ChrisSydney, NSW4 posts

It's a honda!

I've now done 3000 ks had the bike for 1 year and it's been great. I've never owned a bike before and wanted something new, cheap and reliable. I looked at the Chinese alternatives but how can you go past the Honda badge and styling for $2500. I'm 6ft 3 and not the lightest but the bike hasn't flickered, yes it's not the quickest but that's the point, I'm learning and didn't want something that's going to get me into trouble. The gearbox is faultless, riding position really comfortable and handling very forgiving. As a first bike this has been awesome and don't regret buying it at all, couldn't recommend it more.
Gear indicator, reliable, easy to ride, perfect learners bike.
Ktm9779841
Ktm9779841Tasmania11 posts

Cheap n best on travel

I used to pay $51 every week for my multi 2 weekly and ride a train then catch a bus to my work.. Now I spend max $10 weekly on fuel in my brand new cb125e. I'm from Asia and I've been riding 100cc-250cc bikes for more than ten years and bikes like these 100cc-150cc last for ages... I've done 1500k's and I love it... In sydney areas speed limit in around 40-60/70km/hr in most areas and it runs very easy to 70/80km/hr.. The only disadvantage is, it is really uncomfortable to ride above 65km in a windy weather...
Inexpensive
Too light to ride against windy weather
deus_zeus
deus_zeusSydney, NSW17 posts

Willy
Willy

Will never buy from a Ho
Will never buy from a Ho

Horrible service, poor quality

I noticed rust on the fuel tank within the first few weeks, I took it to the dealer, they wouldn't do anything about it. Honda Servicing is mandatory for your warranty to be valid (which doesn't cover anything), but the services cost $200 and from what I can tell they don't do anything (I had to re-do the valve clearances the following day because it was damaging the engine). The gearbox often gets stuck in gear, I once had to take off from the lights in 3rd gear in heavy traffic.

Of course the most obvious problem is the speed, you think it won't be that bad but it is.
Good on fuel
Poor quality bike, fuel tank rust within first month, overheats on even slightly warm days, gearbox doesn't operate smoothly and so incredibly slow

Nick57
Nick57
Mike
MikeGrafton6 posts

Skull Dragon
Skull DragonAU2 posts

klinger
klingernsw3 posts

Nice ride at the best price

Decent bike for a great price. Not one for the tryhards. Had for a few months and good for commute, round town and learning. Ongoing costs are as low as it gets. Runs quietly and handles well. Not sure how good the "Kenda surprise" tyres are as yet but have done well soo far (900km).
Ride away price $2400 makes it a great way to give riding a go. Comfy to ride, cheap to run, looks pretty good
Occasionally1st to 2nd gear seems to get stuck in neutral and takes another clickup to get to 2nd.
Hayley52
Hayley52Aus

appliance_reviewer
appliance_reviewer

hi what fuel are you using?

yellowslug2
yellowslug2AU

Great bike

This bike is perfect for around town and short trips.

I ride a 750 as well but for getting to work and just going down the shops, the 125 is just perfect.

Actually, I end up riding the CB125e way more than my bigger bike because of its ease, fun, functionality and overall usefulness! A perfect bike and from Honda, so you know it will just keep on trucking!!

Sasha33
Sasha33AU

Great first bike/commuter

Having not ridden a bike for 25 years, I was thinking of a scooter for a commuter. After reading the reviews on here, I went for a cb125. This is a great little bike, the relative lack of power is a benefit for someone getting used to riding, it's pretty hard to get much wrong. Agree with the other comments, I've done about 150k on it now, and it's much better now that its run in. Don't buy a scooter, this thing is much more fun.
Cheap, fuel economy is awesome, looks like a proper bike
jay - dee
jay - deeAU

1 in a million chance of this happening

I bought the cb125e because the price was so good compared to a second hand bike. Was pretty happy with the bike for about a month, riding to work and cursing with others on weekends. Had 2000ks on the clock and the bike broke down in between home and work. Had to get it towed back to the dealership. The engine was gone and thankfully would be rebuilt under warranty. So I've had the bike for 2 months now half of which the bike had been at the dealership in peices, waiting for parts from japan, because none of the parts are in Australia. Hope I get my bike back soon. I'm itching to ride!
the price is unbeatable
lack of parts being so new, or maybe the dealership taking their sweet time doing nothing
Joe from down under
Joe from down underAU

Georgie_Best1
Georgie_Best125 posts

Joerg
JoergFRenchs forest3 posts

perfect for a novice

I am a track day junkie and have three bikes none learner legal (2011 Fireblade, rgv 250, sv650 s) so when my wife wanted to get into riding (never ridden a bike) we looked for the most userfriendly bike possible ,decided to go for a 2nd hand cb 250, but people want crazy money for clapped 3/4 owner bikes,saw the cb125e ,read the feedback and got one,amazing value & build quality goes like a dream,super easy to maintain,cheap rego my wife loves it and is growing in confidence by the minute!! Highly recommended,Honda are on a winner!!
Honda Quality,easy to maintain, most userfriendly real bike
Bikramjit singh
Bikramjit singhAU

Best price in Australia for real Honda

After I seen price of cb125e I couldnot sleep wake next day bought 1 my self I don't need to use it I will keep it, my best bike

Remember difference between power an reliable

I been riding since I was 15 years old this bike remind me my old time when I were teen ager
There is every thing to like nothing to complaint
I had to wait for 4 days to get white color  Show 3 replies

goodman
goodmanDARWIN2 posts

The best of it's class!

This is a buy-it, use-it and enjoy-it to the max motorbike! A full tank last forever if you know how to use it well. Maneuvering this bike is like a heaven! Tried it from twisties, to sharp corners and it will not miss a beat. I consider this as one of the best priced, best colored and best stance motorbike so far.
Cheap price, nice color, superb posture...
Tyres are made in china Show 2 replies

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Honda Motorcycles? Claim your listing.