92% · 121 · 8%

4.3
4.4
Comfort
Handling
Brand Manager for Honda Motorcycles? Claim your listing.

Bob.
Bob.South East Queensland, QLD31 posts

Milad M.Rad
Milad M.RadSydney, NSW8 posts

Amazing Bike

my bike is a 2020 model and I bought it about a year ago. I'm riding it every day and get to love it more each day. powerful enough, great ABS brakes, plenty of infos on the display, amazingly smooth clutch, HISS, beautiful engine and engine sound, low vibration, and very stylish design are the things that I like about this bike. The only minor downside is that the pillion passenger's seat is uncomfortable, which I don't care really. Show details
Acceleration / Power
Gear Shifting
Suspension
Comfort
D i.
D i.South East Queensland, QLD16 posts

Best bike

I bought it second hand couple of years ago. Been riding it to and from work everyday. can’t be happier. I am not interested in upgrading, this bike has got all that you need. Any more power than this would kill someone, be safe everyone lots of knuckleheads around.
this bike is great for commuting, weekend rides, highways etc.

in the past two years got serviced at every 5000 kms, changed tyres when required, i had to replace the battery once $60, that’s about it.

Update: Completed 50,000kms on the bike. Show details

Handling
Marijan K.
Marijan K.Sydney, NSW4 posts

Great bike, horrible experience when I had to replace some parts

I loved the bike until I damaged it and had to order parts from Honda. I've been waiting for more than 3 months for the parts to arrive and they are either ignoring my calls and emails or giving random ETAs for the parts to arrive. I will never buy any Honda vehicles ever again
Bob
BobSydney, NSW7 posts

Overall
T Ashby
T AshbyBrisbane2 posts

Overall
Otemelbourne5 posts

Cheap price, powerful and cheap to maintain

I bought at PS in city with a good price. It's powerful than 300cc and near 4.2L/100km which is really low compare to 300cc. It is great for learners for the power, the price, and the handling. So much smoother, calmer and comfortable and sounds great with a slip-on exhaust!

SingleDad
SingleDad

The bike I should have bought in the first place!

I got my licence last year (I'm one of those mid-life crisis types!) and I bought with my heart and purchased a KTM Duke 390. I pretty much hated it from the second day... the bike although cool looking was very jerky in traffic and not comfortable at all.

When I dropped it in for a service I was given a CB500f as a loaner.....WOW! what a difference. So much smoother, calmer and comfortable. It may not look or sound as good as the KTM but it rides so much better.

I traded the Duke in on the Honda the next day and have never looked back.

Ads
AdsVictoria8 posts

great bike

great performance for a learner, had it for about 18 months from brand new, nothing went wrong with it, quick clean and serviced and it is new again. holds price well and the guys at peter Stevens where great and more than helpful and got the bike delivered to my place

Loom
LoomMelbourne

Oliver
OliverAU2 posts

Great first bike - does what it says on the tin

I've bought a secondhand 2014 CB500F about 6 months ago, and as a new rider I'm delighted with it. Easy and fun to ride, a lovely blend of power and torque, cruises pretty comfortably at motorway speed and, as with all the reviews here, mine starts first time every time and feels like it will run forever. Looks really sweet too.

At a push, I'd say the quality of the alloy fitments out of the Thai factory doesn't match Honda's Japanese-built bikes (such as the CB400) - my CB has small but visible signs of alloy corrosion - and the seat is a bit hard after an hour's ride, but you pays your money and takes your choce, especially secondhand, and within that context the CB500F is unrivalled.

Dejan
DejanStavanger3 posts

averageandy
averageandySouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Follow-up review 1500kms & first service

Still great! First service was about $300AUD. Running just as well as before.

Unfortunately, on the bolts on the handlebar I have noticed some very minor surface oxidation. Granted though, I have never once covered the bike, at home and at work it is out in the elements. Other than that it is still the same great LAMS bike I recommended months ago. So check out that review. I will post more after 5000kms
Price, size/power, style