Honda CBR500R

Honda CBR500R (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Super Sport Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Allyn H

Allyn HBrisbane

Very easy to ride

Bought new July 2014- 2014 CBR500RA Black (ABS model) just done 2000km. A really nice bike to commute on the freeway. Plenty of merging and passing power, moves from 100-125kph in quick time to pass. Sits steady and comfortable on 100kph @ 5000. OTD- $7500 all up with 6months rego. Great all round bike, looks good, very smooth clutch/gears, Honda quality,all through. Only one thing to suggest- recommend upgrading OEM exhaust- (fitted R77 Yoshimura) no power gain, but the 500 will sound much deeper with a good slip on or full system.

Loads of Fun!!

Excellent Lams Approved bike with a fantasic price to match

This bike is an amazing bike for a learner or novice rider to step onto. The power is very easy to be in control of but it still has enough power to scare you if you twist the throttle hard enough. Coming from a WR450 dirtbike I'm not one bit dissapointed in this bike. It is fantasic on fuel, has stunning looks a real head turner, the option of abs, twin cylinder fuel injection, comfortable ergonomics, long service intervals. And the price was very hard to turn up, I would recommend this bike to anyone whom is interested in a cheap reliable bike that can do everything.

Poor positioning of the indicator switch.

Tom

TomBrisbane

Great fun

Not sure what '[name removed]' is talking about, as the CBR is easily the fastest and more torquey than either the 400 or the Ninja 300, producing 11 more horsepower at the rear wheel than the Ninja.
It looks great, is a great fit and is economical. Of course, at this price it's got some limitations and that is the lack of suspension adjustment, so it might not be as flickable in some cases.
Overall its a great choice for a beginner, or a rider who has been off the bike for a while, wanting to have a bit of fun without breaking the bank, and as a commuter it is a better choice than a scooter as you can take it out for a run in the twistys on the weekend.
Great look, comfortable
Lack of suspension adjustment

Danny

DannyBrisbane

All Show - No Go

This bike was a bitter disappointment. It certainly looks great and comes with modern equipment, but that's all folks.

The setup is rather basic overall and the power is lacking.

It produces a half decent amount of torque but no power, which takes away any sense of drama. Almost felt like I'm on a moped, with power delivery liner but totally boring.

Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $2k for a CB400, cause it will absolutely run rings around you. Or spend $2k less and buy a 300 Ninja, which will still wipe out any 500CBR.
Looks Awesome
Too Expensive, Slow, Slower, Slowest

averageandy
averageandy

That's a joke right? The 500's torque poos all over either of those bikes

benson2013AU

Great bike for the money, best of the LAMS

bret.r.menner
bret.r.menner

agreed! I paid $7250 on road for a non ABS in black and it was worth every cent and more! easy easy to ride - I fitted a Leo Vince GP Corsa pipe as the stock pipe is a tad ugly and too quiet fro my likeing - love it's note now

benson2013

Had the bike over a year now, completely reliable. I fitted an Arrow exhaust with the DB killer removed, it sounds awesome. I expect it will hold resale well. A mate bought a Hyosung Cruiser new, had trouble after two weeks. Quality counts.

Travis

Travisasked

I have a 2015 Honda CBR500R I am thinking of taking my slip on exhaust off (just for sound,THE LOUDER YOU ARE THE SAFER) and putting on a K&N air filter. Will me doing that burn my exhaust valves?

Yazz
Yazz

No it will not affect it at all.

Brad
Brad

Hi mate, no it wont affect the valves, only might frustrate your neighbors. I would recommend replacing the stock exhaust with a slip on, they are relatively cheap off ebay and will make the bike sound a lot better (much better then without any muffler). Cheers

Jeremy C

Jeremy Casked

I am 5'8'' and 132 lbs, is this bike right for me? Would it be too heavy?

johnsonb21
johnsonb21

I suggest you go for a test ride. As soon as I got on my bike I knew it was for me...

enve
enve

No..i am 5`4" and weigh 67 kg and i love it

GGeorge

GGeorgeasked

what is the mandatory service interval for cbr500r and approximate service cost?

Mammoth
Mammoth

6000 for a minor and 16000 for a major service. Major can be between 400 to 800.

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

CategorySuper Sport Bikes and Learner Approved Bikes