Honda CR-V RD7

Honda CR-V RD7 (2002-2006)

4.2

• Boot Size
  • Features
  • Comfort

2006 CRV Sport

Purchased a Month ago, awesome little run about, great for trips to the beach,camping etc. Mine has 160k on the clock and full service history. The previous owner had the Bellhousing (gearbox mech) replaced at 100k due to it shuttered when taking off hard. It still slightly shutters now but not an issue. Easy to maintain, good features for its age and value for money. Would recommend anyone to buy one. Slightly noisy on a trip but all depends on the tyres.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$6,500.00.

Noise Level
Features
Comfort
Honda
Honda HelpersHonda

Hi Jackson, Thanks kindly for your review, it appears the CR-V sport is adapting well to your lifestyle of joy and adventure. Wishing you many fantastic camping trips and great years of happy motoring in your Honda vehicle :) Thanks Kiara

CJAY

CJAYFar North Queensland, QLD

Great car for everyday use.

Recently acquired this as a second car mostly to commute to work and back. even though it had 280,000km, it was in mint condition. I am a previous Honda owner so I was able to check the common problems and was impressed. The car drives like a dream. Everything about this car was designed for everyday use, Leg room, boot space & even fuel consumption. This also has a picnic table built as the boot floor board for the backpacker out there!. Love this car. As long as you look after the car and service on time, the car will not give any problems.

BadgeSport Classic
Date PurchasedDec 2017
Amy

Amyperth WA, 6038

Do not buy this car

SO this needs a lot of work doing to it.
Tyres are expensive on it, the fuel pump needs replacing and also the breaks, gear box and also spark plugs.
Does not cope with driving to and from FSH to alkimos everyday.
Would not recommend this car at all, do not buy it!

BadgeSpecial Edition
Engine Size2.0L
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Find out how Honda CR-V RD7 compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Love them,but you need to find a well maintained model

Great car,i have a 2004 CR-V which has just clicked on 280,000km.
No problems.The key is maintenance.The diffs,& gearbox need to be serviced with genuine honda oil only,or you will end up with problems,especially the rear diff as non genuine oil ends up causing shuddering when accelerating.It only costs about $17 for a litre from Honda,so it's not expensive.
Regular oil changes are also important.
Great on fuel,averages about 9 litres to 100 on the freeway,& around 11 litres in the city,
Ensure you buy one with a complete service history,that's the key,& you will have a great car.

Badgebase model
Date PurchasedOct 2017
Abby

AbbyMelbourne

Great first car

Great performance and very smooth to drive. The interior has ample leg room. Wish the colour scheme was darker. I've had this car for 8 years and haven't had any issues with it yet, just the basic servicing a few times a year. I like that this car looks like a 4wd, nice size, ample boot, good height. No complaints!

BadgeVTi-S

Date PurchasedJun 2014
robg89

robg89Sydney

so happy with this car

This car is so reliable. Still going so well even after all these years. Never had any major problems. My car is great to drive and I hope to have it for a few more years to come. My next car I buy will buy will likely be the same.

BadgeClassic
Date PurchasedAug 2005
Lucy

LucyAdelaide

Was glad to get rid of this car

Bought my 2005 CRV sport auto model 3 years ago as the 2nd owner, it was a good reliable car overall but it did have a few issues before I sold it - ended up spending lots of $$ to fix issues before selling onto the next person. Had to replace the starter motor which set me back $500 and the transmission had to be flushed - when I was driving the engine would shudder, shaking the whole car, which happens if the transmission fluid is old - something I didn't know had to be done, neither did my incompetent mechanic at MIDAS...! the engine was quite loud/not a quiet drive experience. Did well on freeways but used up a lot of petrol - $60 per week I was spending just on petrol. Boot space was its main advantage.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

excessive fuel use

fuel use 14.5 per 100 km around town, a bit excessive, on our 3rd air conditioning compressor.the car has been ok except for the items listed, we will be looking at other options for our next purchase, air conditioning compressor should have been re called by honda, check out all the complaints on google.

Nic24

Nic24Melbourne

One of the best cars I've had

I've only just recently parted with my Honda CRV. It was quite a reliable car while I had it. The only thing that marked it down for me was the rear diff noise that occurred a few times during ownership, twice under warranty. A known fault with this model. I also found it had average fuel economy in comparison to other cars I've owned. On the plus side, I was quite impressed to find the entire time I owned it I never needed to replace the brakes having done over 110,000km. Same can't be said for a few Holden's I've owned. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Honda in the future based on this experience.

Badge0
MontyBurns

MontyBurns

Loved the 2005 luxury sports model

I bought this luxury sports 2005 model second hand in 2008 with 50,000km on the clock, it was absolutely perfect.
Never any issues with anything.
Sold it in early 2011 because I moved overseas for work, would never have sold it otherwise.
It kept its value well because we services it.
But the services were very cheap, so it really was a very good buy.

BadgeLuxury
DriveAll wheelbdrive (activated by car itself when required)
Bedford1

Bedford1Calwell 2905, ACT

Good solid vehicle

Bought this vehicle because wanted an economical family car. Was the best on the market after testing other brands. Has a good size boot and picnic table has come in useful. Has been good on petrol and has enough power to make driving a pleasure. Interior finish is good and ride height gives good vision while driving.

Since sold the CR-V and bought a Mitsubishi Outlander and are also very happy with this. Its a bit cheaper to service.
The CR-V has been a good vehicle thus far and has met all the requirements we were looking for. If you are looking for a reliable, stylish, comfortable, well thought out designed vehicle you could do a lot worse than buying a Honda CR-V.

BadgeVTi
Marteenie

MarteenieAU

Great for the first few years

Steve Z

Steve ZGold Coast

Excellent reliable vehicle

Great car if auto is looked after properly

Bought this car recently 155,000 kms . It had the shudder as mentioned on other reviews, we took it to Honda Lismore and had transmission flushed twice with Honda fluid and problem gone. This needs to be done regularly about 30/40,000 ks apparently. Every thing else with the car is great. Glad I read these reviews as would have thought the problem was with drive shafts or cv joints for sure

MadeleineG

MadeleineGAU

Adore my Honda CR-V Sports 2006 - especially now that the shudder is sorted !

t00dles

t00dlesQLD, 4000

Perfect Car!

I have never had a problem with this car! It's very roomy, runs well, looks stylish and easy to drive. A bit of a fuel guzzler around town but great on highway driving. Love the interior and the moveable middle console. I feel safe and confident driving this car and would recommend it to anyone!
Roomy, easy to drive, reliable
Uses a bit more fuel than I thought it would

AussieGuy

AussieGuySydney, NSW

Honda 2003 CRV

BadgeVTi
malsoosnhaas
malsoosnhaas

perfect allrounder

I bought this car three years ago [ its a 2002 model] with 150,000 on the clock , since then I have put a further 35,000 km on it , it gets its regular servicing and I have not even had to change a lightbulb
it has been taken off road a few times and performed reasonably well - its an ALLroader not an OFFroader , great luggage space , surprisingly good performance for an auto - LOVE IT
reliability , comfort , touring ability , size
a bit thirsty around town

John OMelbourne