2Honda HRE370

Honda HRE370 Questions & Answers

MPN:HRE370
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Claim your listing.
Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.

Does anyone know where I can get a HRE370 power cord in Australia?

Justin T.
Justin T.

I threw mine away but it is a standard socket with a short cable as I recall. So you can have someone splice in a standard cable and then a standard socket on the end.

Harry S.

Hi Rebecca, whilst I no longer have the Honda mower from memory the plug on the mower is EU spec.
I am pretty sure there are no longer any genuine parts stocked in AUS.
You could either purchase am EU spec extension lead online (but you would have to cut off the plug and fit an AUS spec plug) or, buy an EU spec socket and an AUS spec plug and make an extension lead of whatever length you require or, simply convert the mower to AUS spec and then use any suitable duty ext lead of the necessary length (this is the way I would go).
Good luck.

Bill C.
Bill C.

Hi HRE370 Owners, I've had my one over ten years and it continues to work well even though the brake is getting a little worn. Good to learn that it can be removed if necessary. Has anyone been able to access replacement blades of late? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brian
Brian

Can I still get spares for my HRE370 mower?

Nick S
Nick S

Don't know, I'm still on original blade - sharpened it several times and purchased a spare blade with mower, some 5 or 6 years ago. You shouldn't need too much else for it, if the auto brake fails, which it will, just remove it and as for the switch, if it fails just use a switch of another 240v mower like a Ryobi or similar. Likewise wheels from another mower can easily be substituted.
Mine has been used well above what it was designed for and it is not difficult to keep running with non Honda parts.

Robert B.
Robert B.

my motor switch is not working on my hre370 mower . how do i get a replacement ?

Gary S.
Gary S.

Hi, my HRE370 no longer starts. Taken electrics apart and it looks like the yellow button has lost its rigidity. When raising the starting bar the switch doesn’t engage. I can get it to start by manually pushing the switch but this bypasses all the safety systems. Not happy to do this. Do I change the yellow button on starter switch?

How do I get a parts list for this model?

How do I service the motor of my honda electric mower v370

Harry S.

Easy, I've fitted new bearings to mine (and removed the poorly designed brake at the same time).
I am not suggesting to remove the brake as the blades will rotate for a considerable time after power off but as I am the only person who uses it - no problem, and the brake would no longer release reliably - worn out.
And don't forget to give it a thorough clean at the same time to avoid overheating.

Margaret S.

I appreciate your reply and thank you for it. If I went on to YouTube would I find instructions on how to access the bearings and brake.

Harry S.

I honestly don't know what if anything you may find online, but be careful as many people posting info really are cowboys and depending on your own skill set could result in equipment damage or worse damage to yourself.
I am a qualified fitter / mechanic with extensive experience a comprehensive workshop and electrical experience as well so what I often think is straightforward could bring many unstuck, however the work I detailed on the mower is quite basic but being 'mains voltage' equipment it is essential that you are competent to avoid creating a dangerous situation.
Sorry but I have never posted on You Tube or the like, not really my thing - good luck.

Margaret S.

Thank you for your reply and good advice. We have decided to buy a battery mower. I appreciate your message.

Mickey
Mickey

how to reset thermal switch on a honda hre370

Muny B.

Exactly the same problem as that reported above by Jonathan Hehir a year ago, i.e., I quote:
"Hi my HRE370 was cutting fine then I’ve gone to start it again and it’s been dead since. Any advice welcomed" Muny Baborovsky

Muny B.

I have traced the problem to the on/off switch on the mower handle, replaced it with an equivalent (from an independent gardening machinery repair specialist rather than Honda), and the mower is working perfectly again. Muny B.

Alan L.

Hello I have just used my hre
370 for the first time in 2yrs. it started and after 5meters.it stopped checked wiring fuses connections all ok.Any ideas please?

EC.

You sure it's not just the grass getting stuck? That can stop it very easily

Alan L.

Thanks no as i indicated I only cut 5mtr.linea of grass only 2cm.

Alan L.

The answer to MY question was a simple one, i gave it more thought and not having used it for app.3years there was a little corostion on the armature a quick buff up and the problem was solved thanks for your participation in my problem Regards ALAN.

Lorraine C

How do I adjust the cutting height on Honda Electric Mower 370HRE I think it's something to with the wheels. I don't have the manual and I think it's an old model, I bought it secondhand.

EC.

There should be a handle that shows the different height levels and you need to just pull the lever out and slot it back in at whatever level you want

Lorraine C

My mower doesn't have a level, do I have to adjust it via the wheels?

Jonathan Hehir
Jonathan Hehir

Alan L.

I had the same problem check the brushes.

Rob
Rob

My honda A370 electric mower won't start. Any ideas?

robert_haworth
robert_haworth

Try a different power extension cord. As the power cord is used outdoors they get weathered from the sun over time (especially this time of year). I find I need to replace mine every couple of years even though it's an outdoor power cord.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Claim your listing.