Honda EU10i

4.5

V8Snail

V8SnailWA, 6230

Reliable but Expensive!

My EU10i is around 10 years old and gets used maybe a few times a year for camping and blackouts.
It's reliable, relatively quiet (although the Yamaha EF1000is is noticeably quieter) and withstands short duration overloads quite well when fridges and motors start.
When running at low loads of less than a couple of hundred Watts, it will run for around 8 hours & 20 mins on 2.1lt of fuel.

Things I don't like about it: There is no separate fuel tap to run the carby out. Checking the oil level could be made easier so you don't need a tool to open the side panel. They are expensive to buy and service in Australia compared with overseas counterparts, even after factoring in exchange rate and freight.

Date PurchasedFeb 2007

bozo47casterton

Back up for caravan

I found the 1 kva was all that i required to run the van battery charge the main fridge as well as the waco in the 4x4 it also ran the lights in the van as they are all led and very low wattage,
my stove is all gas and the microwave is not required on overnight roadside stops. the hot water well the kettle will do, the job in a non park situation for the extra money for Honda its well worth it.
Weight, starts first pull, so quiet.

Honda
James H.Honda
bozo47

yes can give it 5/5 but i need further testing, at this stage it looks great, no fuss, required,

david s.

david s.asked

I followed the instructions with my new EU 10i generator . Filled it with correct oil and ran it for 10 hours then ran it for 10 mins to get hot and drained then refilled . I am concerned now because the first 10 hours i ran with about 60% load and never con cidered running it in but read somewhere that these engines have to be run in without any load for a while or the life of the engine will be severely compromised . Feeling a bit disappointed now as there's nothing mentioned in the Manual about this. Please advise?

radar

radarasked

you have 2 two models of this generator as seen on 240volt outlet what else is different regards john

B Bater

B Baterasked

I want to run an air compressor in my workshop. I have an eu10i and a eu20i what size compressor should I be looking for? ( for each size generator )

CategoryGenerators