Honda EU20i

Honda EU20i

Gerry

Gerry

Trouble free running guide

The 2.0kva Honda starts and runs first time,only problem with nonstart was on old fuel changed that and it went ok.
Found that it runs most air conditioners ,but you have to start Gen. then start air conditioning with the remote on low low setting and after a few minutes it will tolerate turning up to normal

Purchased for $1,450.00.

peter h.

peter h.Far North Queensland, QLD

still the best

Purchased in May 2020 for $2,300.00.

RonWattsGippsland, VIC

Fantastic ,easy start and very quiet

Use ours every saturday and sunday at markets . Never lets us down ,very economical and super quiet . If its not red leave it in the shed , thats our generator policy.

Purchased in March 2018 for $1,100.00.

Toby

TobyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliable workhorse, quiet, and very fuel efficient

Purchased in October 2015 at Generator Place for $1,749.00.

Disappointed

DisappointedEyre Peninsula, SA

Very difficult to start and no product back up.

From new it has been very, very difficult to start, I assumed that with run-in it would improve and, with Honda's good name and high price tag, they would fix the problem if it didn't improve. I was wrong. The process to trying to get it fixed has been extremely bureaucratic with head office and local dealer directing me to the other in a circle. No resolution and no reliable generator.
Not worth the price. Honda have lost me.

Purchased in January 2008 for $2,100.00.

Neil B.

Neil B.South East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money...very disapointed

Initially very happy with it but after about 2 years of limited use it started using oil , took it to the dealer and cost more to fix it than it's worth ,3 months on regularly topping up the oil it completely died.....thought i was buying quality....never again will i waste money on honda gear

Purchased in February 2018 for $1,200.00.

If I could give it a minus review I would

Nothing but trouble from the start. Taken back to dealer many times while under warranty which finally ran out. Then to the service department and never a satisfactory result. In the beginning thought I would buy a known reputable brand name but after this experience I will never buy Honda again. Maybe I just got a dud.

Purchased for $2,100.00.

totaly over honda lies

had my geny for 2 years did 1300 hours but needed a total rebuild. honda told me they are waranted for only 800 hours over 4 years. what a ropoff. never buy honda again.

Purchased in August 2017 at Generator Store for $1,860.00.

uno

unoSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

service life and value for money

used this gennie for 12 months not a problem ( 3 year warranty )
then it would not start <it had reguler service >
honda said it was not their problem due to bad service which i dipute
say the top cylinda was carbened up
say i used wrong oil
say i used dirty fuel !!!!!!!!
said too long between service (how can anyone tell no hour meter)
would not recommend honda to anyone
went and bought a $389 doller kings 3.5kw and have not had a spot of bother with it
honda is just overpriced and not value for the money
can buy a new kings every 12 months and still be in $ 8oo in front

Date PurchasedSept 2013
GregoryR

GregoryRSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Best of the Best

I am a retired Honda Dealer, so I know this product well, I was selling this model back in the late 90’s, and I can confirm that this is a great product. What a lot of people don’t know is that this Honda has a ‘burst output mode’ that enables it to start for example a Caravan Airconditioner with ease.
My EU20i is now just over 10 years old and still starts first go and runs like new. I have just completed a service and all that was required was oil, air filter, spark plug and replacement of some of the fuel lines which although ok were getting a little hard with age.
Great product, you will not be disappointed.

Date PurchasedJuly 1998

Best Investment Ever!

Date PurchasedJune 2004
Mrkus58

Mrkus58Sydney

reliable and long lasting

Date PurchasedNov 2005

Disappointed with honda eu20i

I live in Weipa in Cape York. Had an EU10 for years and it was great. Bought an EU20i in April and it ran fine for 4 hours then started running rough and stalling. Tried everything to fix it. Sent it to local service dealer who could not fix it. Honda warranty was useless and rude. Sent it back to seller who was good enough to replaced it with new one. Guess what - ran for 4 hours and started playing up same thing. Finally sent it out of town to another service dealer who advised of spark plug cap recall on Honda EU2's. They now said it is fixed but am waiting to get it back and try it out - 6 months after I bought it...

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Cold Caravanner

Cold Caravanner

Disappointing as my machine is not at Honda standard.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Travelling Sparky

Travelling SparkyAdelaide

Always reliable and very quiet

Replaced my EU10i camping generator, which had run faultlessly for 7 years, with the larger EU20i. Purchased from the Generator Place in Queensland (exceptional service - ordered late Sunday night and it was at my front door in Adelaide Tuesday morning). As per previous model this generator starts first time every time, is very easy to start, great on fuel and is very quiet. Have used Honda generators a lot as a tradie on sites and would highly recommend them to any buyer.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Crackles

CracklesZeehan

Generator won't run for more than 2 hours

Nearly 2 years ago we purchased the new Honda 20i, it ran fine for the first 6 months and now won't run any longer than 2 hours.
We have taken it for a service, didn't fix it, have just taken it for another service and if it doesn't fix it this time I will be contacting Honda directly ( I honestly believe the older style Honda generators are better) !!

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Cost of parts

Brought a Honda 2kva from the "Generator Place" Brisbane with extended 5 year warranty.

Worked extremly well, consider though, I was only using it intermittently for when the wife and I were camping and then only to backup my solar system.

At the five and a half year mark the circuit board died, replacement cost $1400.00 dollars.

Date PurchasedJune 2012
Brad

BradNewcastle

Awesome generator. Very happy with it!

After almost 2 years, I am happy to say that I am very happy with my Honda EU20i. The oil that it takes is the same oil as in my other Honda products that I own. Very reliable. Not as noisy as my neighbour's generator of similar size (he has a cheaper brand). It cost more, but it a better generator. I would buy it again.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Aldeberan

AldeberanAU

Quality product. Great service.

Just unpacked. Started first time. Hard to fault. I bought from Generator Place in Brisbane (I'm in SA). Delivered in 2 days. They gassed and oiled it. Great service. Instructions clear. Good deal as well. Very quiet operating. If I had to buy another generator I would buy a Honda.

Date PurchasedDec 2016