Honda HHB25

Honda HHB25 Questions & Answers

6 questions from our users

yesasked

I have had a Honda 4 stroke mower for 4 years it recently has had trouble maintaining revs ,and stalls if is not held upright .it is only used for domestic use.
our local dealer said that it needs a new carburetor,which seems ridiculous when it is used only around the house, any ideas please ?

Harry
Harry

I have a HHB25 (2004) blower with the same 25cc engine and almost the same problem. Had to turn it upside down, in order to let it run on WOT... It stalled after 3-5 seconds if held upright.
Here is how i solved it:
You have remove the carburetor. Take the air filter off, remove two bolts, fuel lines etc..
Than take the moving part out (the one connected to the steelcable). Remove the two screws on top of the carburetor. (turn back idler screw for easy acces) . Look inside and you will see the main jet.
Split the carburetor (gently), by removing the 4 screws at the bottom. Make sure you dont lose parts (small spring inside), or damage the gaskets if you split the carburator.
Take some brake cleaner (in a spraycan) and clean the main jet!! (from both sides)
Clean the rest of the carburator to. Rebuild it, and adjust idler screw back to normal RPM.
Simple job, takes me about 10-15 minutes.
It worked for me, WOT all day long, no stalling, no problem in any position. :)

Mopey

Mopeyasked

my honda handy blower starts runs for a short time then cuts out it will keep going as long as i stop and rev it a few times

Mick

Sounds like your idle setting maybe to low try turning the Phillips screwdriver in at the amount you need it to idle the screw is located on the carburettor accessible from outside filter cover

ulisse

ulisseasked

Hello
mixed reviews here, poor when you consider the mark (Honda) and the cost and that the issues are more or less always the same. I was considering buying one of these blowers but the comments have turnd completely off. But, can you say the problems have been fixed for good maybe ? many thanks
Max
interlogic@btinternet.com

Ian
Ian

Hi, Don’t be put off purchasing by negative comments. Buy from a legit Honda dealer and i’m sure you will not have any issues. I have three Honda garden care products and have never had any problems with any of them. If you are unlucky and do have a problem - Return it to your Honda dealer for repairs.

bernardnotnickname

bernardnotnicknameasked

Just aquired a hbb25 blower and wont run off choke and pumping primer any help gratefully accepted.

Mick

Your profile picture suggests you may live at a higher altitude if so the carburettor fuel needle may need to be adjusted to allow more fuel to enter the engine also if this one has no crome bore like so many of this model I don't know how many were made untill Honda realised there was a problem the air intake that sucks the fuel in on the intake stroke maybe loosing pressure due to what they call blowbye around the piston and cylinder from an imperfect seal if the engine has already been running the damage has been done already no going back now it will never run the same and starting will be a nightmare you can take this up with Honda but they won't admit failure sorry you may be like so many people who have spent 4-500$$ on a dud to check if this model has a chrome bore you may see the shiny crome bore (not dull aluminium colour) through the spark plug hole or you can remove the carburetor or muffler and look inside the cylinder for damage usually large deep scratchers indicate failure hope this helps

Juzasked

Hey All,
I was just about to go buy a HHB25 Honda blower when I read all these bad reviews. I too have other Honda products which are all great, so my question is this: Is the HHB25 still a problem product and/or have most of you solved the stalling issues you had?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies. I want to get away from 2-stroke and have a 4-stroke blower and just assumed Honda would be the best.
Cheers,
Justin

Fish
Fish

Honda is great. My issue was an over restrictive fuel filter. I'm sure it will run great but if you do have issues, put on a generic filter.

paul
paul

hey mate don't buy this piece crap plus Honda just not interested in helping to fix the problem

Juz

Thanks for the answers guys. In another twist to this I spoke with a Honda dealer who quoted me $499. I told him it was a bit expensive and as soon as I said it he said 'yep, they are way overpriced for what they are'. So that sealed the deal - looking at a Makita 4-stroke now. Cheers.

Apples

Applesasked

Honda blower stops on full throttle and won't start until cooled off. Any ideas?

Paul J
Paul J

I would think a dodgy spark plug would be the reason it wont restart. At least its a cheap thing to check. Try swapping from your brushcutter next time it happens. Or buy one.
Good luck.

Craig
Craig

Could be a multitude of issues, I would start by making sure that the fuel cap is venting properly. To do this, try running it with the cap slightly loose, allowing air to breathe into the tank. If this remedies the issue I would look at cleaning / replacing the cap.