13Honda HR-V

Honda HR-V Questions & Answers (page 2)

Ramon S.
Ramon S. · HR-V

I have a Honda HR-V which is 12 months old. The navigation system dose not working properly. When I put my destination in which is 1hr 30min away it is out by 30min. It is telling me that I will be there in under 1hr, all destinations are inaccurate. The Honda dealer said there is no update yet still after 12 months. Has any body have answer? Ray

Same issue, so frustrating

MAL
MAL · HR-V

Honda advertises that lane watch is a safety feature. How can it be when you can't see anything on the screen during the day? That leaves us totally exposed on the left hand side where there are known blind spot.

Davek
Davek · HR-V

I have a 2017 HR-V since new. Love the car but a couple of gripes. The park brake has a loud squeak when operated and 5the sat nav is hopelessly out of date. Is thepark brake noise common and can the sat nav be updated?

JoW
JoW · HR-V 2015 Release (2015-2024)

The cruise control randomly turns itself off. This has been happening for several months and the Honda dealer in Darwin is still working with Honda Australia but no solution. Has anyone else had this problem?

Dianne D
Dianne D · HR-V

The reviews warn against high speed road noise - what is the situation for 110km/hr on interstate highways

Lhd Ranga K.
Lhd Ranga K. · HR-V

How to reset city break system?

Isabella B.
Isabella B. · HR-V

My 2017 model has a very faded screen, its almost impossible to see when the sun is shining. I have turned up the contrast the hole way and it still doesnt help, its almost useless to use during the day. Is this a fault with my actual screen or is any one else experiencing this issue?

Same issues here

SusiQ
SusiQ

Yes I have the same problem on my 2018 HRV RS. Very poor design. I have put a shield over the top and the sides to help with the glare/visibility.

Mohan
Mohan · HR-V

In must of reviews , said about gps and audio issues. Is Honda did any improve on it on 2019 Honda hrv ?

Michele G

Mine seems fine I've had no issues with sound or Gps...I've only had my car for 2 months so I guess time will tell but so far it's wonderful

Leah S.
Leah S.

The audio unit they use isnt even made any more. Theres no GPS update and no apple car play which is annoying. My audio unit cuts in and out with Bluetooth and when using a cord, but the radio is fine. Its frustrating that they dont use the same Garmin unit as the Civic and CRV

Alicia · HR-V

How do I get. MY camera replaced navagation is poor

Michele G

Alicia have u spoken to Honda, I'm sure they would be able to help you

Alicia

They looked and said they would discuss it but still no reply camera is dangerous when try to use it

Dont use camera for backing use mirrors instead. I will try Honda Australia

Michele G
Michele G · 2015 Release RS (2018-2024)

Can u tell me please if the 2019 HRV-RS comes with driving auto door locking ...it says in the book the doors lock when the vehicle reaches 15km per hour...mine doesn’t lock and the service department said it doesn’t come with this feature...it doesn’t say that in the book though

Michele G

The answer to my above question above is no it doesn't...not in Australia anyway

Michelle
Michelle

I have one too and mine doesnt lock automatically, my previous version did that was a 2016 model, also no CD player, very poor I wish I had kept my old one to be honest, it had electric seats to. Very disappointed with this RS model.

Michele G

It would take more than no auto door locking for me to dislike this car...its absolutely beautiful..the inside it finished lovely and the car glides along like a dream..Im getting 6.7 litres for 100 km and thats around town so its great on fuel, ..Ive had a couple of brake issues with it, they machined the brakes but they stilled grabbed a bit so Honda are replacing all the rotors and pads next Thursday...Honda have given me a 7 year warranty unlimited kms and road side assist and capped servicing so I really haven't got anything to complain about ...I would definitely recommend this car, I really gave all the cars in this bracket a good going over before settling for this one, I thought it was the best value out there for my money and so far Im not disappointed...I did know about it not having a CD player that is disappointing I agree.

Ned · HR-V

Does anyone know if HR-V uses a torque converter? Our 2018 HR-V has developed a low speed clunk / jerk when decelerating then accelerating. The dealer says this is normal for the HR-V but I have my doubts.
Apart from this, I really love the car.

Michele G

Mine does the same thing ...I've had the car 2 months I think that's pretty normal, I've gotten use to it...I love the car too!!

Juli
Juli

I bought my HRV in Aug & just have the same problem these two weeks, I took it to the dealer, the guy said the new HRV/CRV all have this issue, it is normal, just curious how come a brand new car has this issue?

Ned

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Don't think it should be normal despite what dealers say.

T Pham
T Pham

My HRV has this clunk noise since I bought it brandnew in 2016. The Honda dealer in Blacktown (Sydney) tried to diagnose the problem so many times but they didnt find anything wrong with the car. I went to Parramatta Honda dealer, one of mechanic told me the noise came from backslash and it is....normal. i didnt feel comfortable with that. The car is still running ok till now. But who knows what would happen!

Kerry · HR-V

Can I replace the navigation system with apple CarPlay, as I find this system absolutely useless. If so, what cost would I be looking at

Disappointed

Kerry, if you find an answer to your question please advise me as the manufacturers of the system say there is no fault with the BL--DY useless system.

Cath

I want to replace the whole head unit as the audio system/Bluetooth system is really poor. If it had Apple CarPlay it would completely rid the car of issues other than noise on my phone. I can hear people but they cant hear me unless I turn sown my air conditioner fan speed. If I had known these things were car issues I mightnt have bought it at all.

Cath

Also I tried to find an audio expert that could replace the head unit and they told me that they could, but it would render the controls on the steering wheel useless. Which would be terrible for a brand new car.

Kerry

Thanks Guys for your replies. It seems its a major issue with all the HRVS. It beggars belief that they would install such an outdated system in a brand new car. My son has the same model which is 2019 and they have the same issues. I really feel that Honda should address this and recall all these models and replace these head units with something that we can at least see the screen and also rely on the gps to give accurate information. Looks like I have to return to using the $99 nav man which is heaps more reliable and user friendly.

Linda K · HR-V

2015 HRV is leaking water into spare tire well and into rear passenger floor behind driver. Anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks!

Disappointed

Sorry no help from me. Has the car been in an accident and perhaps poorly repaired

Linda K

Nope, but the hatch release has always been a bit off and on close inspection one side of hatch looks flush and the other raised. Thanks!

Jono T
Jono T

we found the problem to be the drain from the sunroof not in the right position so it allowed the rainwater to run into the tyre well. Took the right hand rear trim off and re-positioned the drain and it's been a good fix.

Linda K

Thank you. Apparently a lot of leaves clogged the drain. 1000 dollars later everything was repaired. I think its a design flaw...

Greg
Greg

Linda, you are not alone. Apalling car. Water ingress, clunky transmission, poor aircon, dash board rattles.
We have had the aircon tubes blown out, and water actually runs out of the vent in the rear.
Never will i buy or promote their product again.

Linda K

Not to mention the uncomfortable seats! Unfortunately mine only has 40k after seven years, so We will keep it as a city car!

Genie
Genie · HR-V

Has anyone had their GPS say 'turn left in 3000m instead of 3km'?
I have not been able to locate in the settings how to adjust this

Disappointed

Just like the rest of the audio visual system it is absolute C--P This is its on going workings, could not operate a two bed brothel with three customers.

Michele G

Yes mine does and I love that about it..you can see it counting down the meters so u know exactly when to turn

MARION BARTLETT · HR-V

I accidently half filled my fuel tank with E85 fuel. Will this damage my engine in any way or should I drain it immediately. HR-V VTI 17.

Sorry E10 fuel.

mike
mike

No it won’t harm it.

Just fill with 95 Caltex vortex or bp ultimate 95. Always use good quality fuel 95 is better than 91

Disappointed

Perhaps the best idea may be to top it off with 98 ron and gently drive until normal

Sam S.
Sam S. · HR-V

Prolem with screen no reversing camera no screen

Tahlia

The camera has always worked in reverse but it’s quality is very poor and is even worse in wet weather. Our Toyota and Mazda which were quite a few years older had far better cameras than our new Honda.

chloe33
chloe33 · HR-V 2015 Release (2015-2024)

Why would my brake assist activate intermittently when there is no car in front of me, pulls me up suddenly on major road? Has anyone else experienced this in recent model Honda HRV??

RonB22999

I have a 2018 model HR-V S I do not have that problem, I wonder if I will ?. I WOULD have it straight back to HONDA ASAP,.

Tahlia

Haven’t had this problem, however I’d return to Honda for rectification immediately.

chloe33

It’s with Honda at the moment but they don’t seem clear as to what’s causing it. I’m keen to know if any one else has experienced this problem & what was done to fix it, or even if it can be fixed. It’s clearly very dangerous when the car pulls up suddenly on a highway!

Jane M
Jane M · HR-V 2015 Release (2015-2024)

Could anyone tell me how to turn the radio off on my new 2018 HRV VTis? There doesn't seem to be an on/off switch and I am mystified. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Jane

RonB22999

on the right hand side of the unit there are two <> arrows up to increase and the other to decrease to OFF Not very good with the sun on the unit and reaching out and it seems to difficult for the passenger to operate. I find my self using the mode button on the steering wheel Either to drop the sound right down or the centre mode button to change the setting to HDMI or another mode that dosent have sound . It is without doubt the most inefficient unit I have ever come across. I would like to get rid of the constantly coming on TICK warning notice. I wouldn't have bought this car if I had known about this :entertainment ?? System.. who can use it with the sun streaming in and blanking the screen. The Mazda 3 has a much much much better system ;

Tahlia

I can’t find the on/off button, I’ve had to use the source button to turn it off. Another poorly thought out feature.

Jane M

I’ve found out that you just need to push the button and keep it down for a while to turn the radio off. Now I can’t figure how to change the time on the clock!

Kaye
Kaye · HR-V

How do run air con when parked and engine off? - thanks K

LANEGD

I don't think is possible he compressor runs with the engine. You ca run the fan by pressing start without the brake pedal to enter accessory mode

Margie
Margie · HR-V 2015 Release (2015-2024)

How do people find the screen navigation etc. Mine is pathetic in sunshine and quite dangerous. What do others think?

LANEGD

Yes I agree. I find the whole system to be inadequate for a new car. I doubt it is even fit for purpose. I am still pursuing this with Honda Australia

Margie

I chatted to Honda and they asked me to take my car in but its a fault with the system not the car I have place a hood over the screen and it at least makes the screen able to be read, but the touch screen is appalling. Lets know if you get anywhere with Honda.

Bernie J
Bernie J

I have a similar problem with my 2017 HRV. On a sunny day the satnav screen is nearly impossible to see because of sun glare. It amazes me that the Honda designers got something as basic as the angle of the screen wrong. It should be nearly vertical. I have tried placing a cowling over the screen but looks very tacky on a near new car. Also agree about the cheap touch screen. I have no problem with the one in my Accord but I usually need to touch, jab and/or hold it multiple times in the HRV to activate the required icon. The only one I don't have trouble with is the initial safety warning OK.

RonB22999

I have a 2018 model also my friend has one, We both believe that a nice car like this should NOT have a $20. packet of poo tickets, The trade Mazda 3 wasa great GPS and entertainment system. I have ended up making a shade to stick over it great improvement . HATE it when the wife wants to fiddle with the sound as she leans forward to reach the other side of the screen. Maybe I should have got the top of the range ?? But my friend has one and she says if she realized how the GPS the radio etc was we would never have bought it

Tahlia

The screen is very difficult to read in direct sunlight and is often unresponsive to touch. I have placed a plastic hood over the screen which helps. The system is very cheap and difficult to use. The reversing camera is poor when compared to Toyota and Mazda’s cameras.

LANEGD

I have just had my satnav system firmware updated by Honda. Navigation, screen.colours and touch response are much improved. Still not the best system around.My iPod won't connect by wire and the Bluetooth is hit and miss.In all still far from happy. In llight visibility is better..If only they had made this a tilt screen! They also recalibrated the touch screen. All done under warranty as you would expect.

Will
Will

Thanks Lanegd. Good to know that a firm ware update improves the unit. I have a near new HR-V RS. Quite a good drive otherwise. Any one aware of after market bezels that fit around the screen to prevent sun glare? Replacing the entire unit with a superior after market unit is a last resort. Much appreciated.
Marcus

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Select a listing for your question
Honda HR-V