13Honda HR-V

77%14%10%

Richard Rule
Richard RuleMid North Coast, NSW

A delight to drive

This car combines local driving with highway distance trips The car is used daily. It is a delight to drive.Servicing is annual. Instrumentation is a real negative because it is hard to read and reset. The lack of a digital speed readout is so frustrating Show details
Honda   DM

Thanks for taking the time to post your review Richard on your Honda HR-V. We really enjoy hearing our customers find their vehicle a delight to drive! Wishing you many years of enjoyably driving. Regards Kiara

Nizzah C.
Nizzah C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

My first CAR investment

I used the car for commuting, family transport and regional travel. I use the car everyday. The car is service on time based in the servicing schedule. I am very happy with this car because I have no problems with it. Its perfect! Love it! Show details ·  1
Paul Phillips
Paul Phillips4 posts

One of the better cars That I have owned

I traded my Nissan Tida and wanted a SUV type was not concered what one offed a HSV at what I felt was a good price, pleased I did the car is driven by both my wife and my self and suits our requirments well, good boot space and quite economical, no problems and serviced one a year by the selling dealer Show details ·  1
Cairns Man
Cairns Man
  2015 Release VTi-S

Great car except for the road noise caused by cheap tyres

Car used for general use around town
Mostly every day
Car serviced every 12 months. A journalist for the Courier Mail advised me that the road noise is caused by cheap tyres. Show details ·  1
Sharon K.
Sharon K.

Great medium size car

I use my car for general everyday use and long distant drives very comfortable, it gets serviced at the Honda dealership in Maitland when it is due. It would be handy if it had air conditioner ducts in the back of the car other than that it is a great car to drive. Show details ·  1
Kookysrest
KookysrestIllawarra, NSW
  Fair Incentive 2015 Release RS

Best SUV

Our car is mainly for family outings & shopping and we use the car most days.
The car is serviced on a regular basis as per the service book, no issues to date.

Show details ·  1

Maria
MariaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Happy with my Honda HRV

Use my car for travel in Victoria. It is comfortable and easy to get in and out.
Drives well and no problems to date.
Economical to own. Services done according to recommendations with Honda dealer. Very happy with my car Show details ·  1
Lynne
LynneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC20 posts
Gail Argent
Gail Argent2 posts

Economical, roomy car

Reliable daily use car. Handled longer drives well for holidays, etc. Not being a big SUV means parking is no problem. But there is plenty of room in back seat for tall passengers. Plenty of safety features and extra controls for comfortable driving like cruise control. Can be some cabin noise at higher speeds. I have owned it for nearly two years and I have not had any mechanical problems. I get it serviced yearly. Show details ·  1
Lindsay
Lindsay

Great value for money

We are elderly and use our car daily - mainly for local running (20km radius) but occasionally do a longer trip. Everything on our HRV has kept operating as it should since new and the many warning signals and driving aids are very helpful. Because of this we class our car as very reliable. Fuel consumption is modest and satisfactory. The road noise is more than we would like and the suspension at times seems a bit hard but over all we are delighted with the HRV S and regard it as great value for money. Show details ·  1
JTB
JTB3 posts

Good but not perfect

The air conditioning screen is too low because you have to reach around the gear selector when it is in Drive to reach it and you have to look down at the screen which means you can't see the road for that time. If it was higher then you could look at the screen and you would still see the road in your peripheral vision. So that would be safer. Some of the options in the main screen could be there because some of them cannot be selected while the car is moving. Show details ·  2
Strakman
StrakmanCanberra 2600, ACT

Great car lots of room

Bought the car for my wife and ended up selling my car and using this as a family car. Lots of room in the back seat even though I am over 6ft tall. The boot is a great size. The main let down is the media screen. When in reverse it can take a while to adjust the camera from dark to light (reversing out of the garage). I also find it not the greatest for streaming music from my iPhone. Minor issues as it can corner quite quickly, and is quite good to drive noting it is not a sports car. I have recommended the car to my parents and they have bought one as well  Show details ·  1
Teena Miller
Teena Miller3 posts
  2015 Release VTi-L
Honda Driver
Honda DriverDarling Downs, QLD

Disappointed

Disappointed with the way it handles on the open road, bounces around. I despise the GPS system, very unreliable. Unimpressed with so called magic seats. Wish I'd bought another Civic. Show details
Keith
Keith2 posts

I just love my HVRS

I use my car almost every day for short trips e.g only done 7000 kms in the first year, Had the car serviced after 12 months. I'm retired my wife no longer drives. There are many features I love about the car. The comfort, handling, extra height and whilst it is a small SUV it has tremendous cargo space. Show details ·  1
Krythia Eastwood
Krythia EastwoodSydney, NSW3 posts
  2015 Release VTi

Too many issues and no support

There have been problems with the warnings since i got it. Half way down a freeway told me i had a flat tyre. No prob. It has twice made a grinding noise when ive pulled up. Service cant tell me what it might be. Some weird message on dash think it was cbs its gone now never found out what the problem was. Radio hard to set stations even after reading the manual. Show details

John S.
John S.
  2015 Release RS

Car very good main objection I find it has excessive road noise on some surfaces

Being retired it is mainly used for shopping going to dances trips to the country otherwise I try to walk everywhere I can at my age .
I use 3 to 4 days a week.
It is serviced when it due  Show details ·  1
Dennis
Dennis

Hard to read Radio screen

It’s hard to read infotainment screen when the sun shines on it, it could do with a sun shade,
Would like to see single button push to open drivers door and double button push for passengers door.
Would like to see a better warning system for starting button when it needs to be switched off as I have been distracted and left vehicle running for 3 hours
Gordon G
Gordon GFar North Queensland, QLD2 posts

(2020 Build) Does what we need it for

Coming from a 2018 Civic Hatch that I *loved* but my partly disabled wife had great difficulty getting into or out of (not the car's fault) the HR-V is filling our needs. Doesn't have all the electronic gadgetry of the Civic, but has enough to keep me relatively happy fiddling with things. Android Auto is a great leveller and works well. Plenty of space.

Excellent dealer - Trinity Honda in Cairns!

The only real negatives we have: (1) my wife is short, and cannot reach the tailgate to close it. Any shopping she does, or anything she needs to carry, has to go in the back seat area; (2) not much interior storage (console, door pockets); (3) no electronic access for the rear seat passengers. Show details ·  1

Jacqueline Bridel
Jacqueline BridelSydney Surrounds, NSW
  2015 Release VTi-S

A useful vehicle , nice to drive

I use the car for short local trips , i.e.shopping locally and occasional longer trips.
i use the car almost daily.
The car is serviced when recommended. No issues though we were told there was a recall on this model but so far no further contact from the dealer.
Aircon system could be better. Central screen not good visibility in sunlight esp. sat nav. could have folding mirrors. Show details ·  1
Jackie
JackieRichmond-Tweed, NSW4 posts
  2015 Release

The car is great and better than I expected

I use the car for general commuting,shopping and travel. I use the car maybe two to three times a week. The car is due for its first service in March ,I have had no issues with its running but I shouldn’t as it is just going on a year old . Show details ·  1
Ian
IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Exactly what I wanted

The important things to me in my purchase decision were space, ease of driving and a good air conditioner. The HRV in this respect is brilliant. There is tons of space for rear passengers and the boot space is also great. I prefer a smooth slow drive and this is where the CVT really shines. It gives me smooth acceleration and is always in the right gear when I need it. In addition I also get great fuel economy and as an added bonus it runs on unleaded. And the air? Brilliant, best I have ever had. Show details ·  1
Goran
GoranSouth-Eastern Region, NSW
  2015 Release RS

This is very good I think Honda team need to think about making a HR-V in a all wheel drive and more power

This car is used daily it’s a family transport commuting car it’s getting serviced every 10k as required and no issues we are happy with the car and also is good to drive on a long runs  Show details
Emily Missen
Emily MissenRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great family transport

Our family car is used every day mainly for shopping excursions and attending medical appointments. Its capacity to hold three incapacitated adults in comfort while offering the capability to load large loads of groceries (7 freezer bags) is very much appreciated. All services are done per the manual at the Honda dealer. Show details ·  1
Gee
GeePerth, WA

So thrilled and happy with CarPlay that I DONT HAVE

Commuting and taking my grandson out
Family transport
Use my car everyday
Car is always serviced on or before due dates by the dealer
No issues well looked after -no complaints from service  Show details ·  1
Young Will
Young Will2 posts

doug
dougGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

enjoyable to drive

use every day for family gatherings, shopping and visits to our holiday house at Phillip Island.
It was being serviced, as per the manual at our dealers service department which was great, very local. The dealer has since 'd closed down and I believe the other dealer at Mornington (our second choice) is closing also Not at all happy with that which has often led to negative remarks to friends!! Show details ·  1
Frank F.
Frank F.Sydney, NSW

Very nice to drive

Commuting every day to and from work or to the shops
Everyday for all essentials
No it’s not serviced yet,but due soon
The radio deck is being replaced due to it being faulty  Show details ·  1
drue0205
drue0205Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC14 posts

Perfect car for me

I love my car. It's the perfect size to park and easy to drive. It's surprising how much room there is inside. The back seats fold up and give you so much more room to transport big things. I've had no issues mechanically and recommend the HR-V to everybody from singles to families.  Show details ·  1
Margaret
MargaretSydney, NSW2 posts
  HR-V

Wonderful HRV

I use my car daily for personal use. I service my car yearly at Honda/Sutton’s workshop, fast and efficient service will use them next year too. Great service thank you! Show details ·  1
Daniel
Daniel

20k Service

Why haven't Honda their own servicing department with proper facilities???? VERY poor facility at Springwood, worse experience i have experienced, better service at a backyard mechanic. There must have been 20 cars lined up waiting to drop off cars in the underground. Expect better honda, Brisbane not much better.
Dazza
Dazza

excellent all round vehicle

We purchased the car new.
Car is used daily and is 100% reliable.
Only issue is no blind spot mirrors which should be mandatory on all vehicles
Apple car play is rather clunky Show details ·  1
Alloratan
AlloratanAshbourne8 posts
Chris
Chris

Sound reliable car

Used for school and work run everyday. Serviced yearly when due, with no issues. Only short falls is storage space in the front (poor cup holders etc). Do find cvt can be a bit jurky, unresponsive at times. A traditional 6 speed automatic would have been nice. Show details ·  1
John M.
John M.

Comfort

Highway use mainly Does not wander Good range Would have liked “keep in lane” technology as well as other safety features, these should be available thru total range. Visual display very ordinary, my old Jazz had better visuals Show details ·  1
Sarah
Sarah4 posts
  2015 Release RS

Great... oh, except for the Bluetooth that doesn't work

Overall the car is wonderful, if only it had an audio system that worked.... 8 months in and so far I have been able to answer just one incoming call all the rest have been dropped by Bluetooth. Irritating and Honda are 'trying' to fix it but really they are just wasting my time.  Show details ·  1

beverley
beverleyHobart, TAS

Very hard to express my terrible experience with your company in 120 characters

Living out of city usage everyday is necessary for shopping etc. sports ie golf and cricket ,visiting family and friends in the north of the state as we only moved down south 3 years ago and sightseeing  Show details
Ade
AdeSydney, NSW3 posts
Anthony
AnthonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  1998 Release

I like my hrv sport i can not do with out it

This is the second time i take the car to honda no but i have an issue about the gps its not working as it should work the second play my usb if the phone is conected to the usd Show details ·  1
Bec
BecGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts
  2015 Release VTi-S

Great small SUV but audio system poor

Drives really well. However I’m not impressed with apple CarPlay. It keeps dropping out as does Bluetooth. After 2 weeks of having the car it is booked to be reviewed  Show details ·  1