Honda HRU194

Honda HRU194 Questions & Answers

19 questions from our users

Heather J.

Heather J.asked

What can I use as a gasket between carbi and motor and can I use gasket glue

gspr

gsprasked

are gxv 120 engine and the hru 195 the same engine

Julie G.

Julie G.asked

Where's the best place to buy good wearing blades for a HR194 Hondamower

Reviewbloke1989
Reviewbloke1989

i reckon ebay or amazon or outdoorking.com.au or GASpares.com

Happy man

Happy manasked

Do you need particular blades if I use the mulching plug?

Frank Kecskes

Frank Kecskesasked

Hello folks, Is it possible to find out what year my Honda mowers were made ?...I own 3 Honda mowers, all purchased second hand + would love to know when they were manufactured...I have written down the no's on the base of the mwer and would appreciate any info you can supply...o...The HRU194 is 8024411...The HRU195 is MZBG5014349 and the other HRU195 is MZBG5089455...Thanking you...Frank Kecskes.

Rodger T.

Rodger T.asked

What year did the model HRU194PU come out

Marjorie J.

Marjorie J.asked

Honda mower starts ok then. Stalls after about 2 minits

AFormerCustomer.
AFormerCustomer.

Sounds like the carburetor needs a clean.

Mel H.

Mel H.asked

How many blades does the Honda HRU194 take ?

tjoyabel

tjoyabelasked

Would the pull start from a HRU 196D fit on a HRU 194?

Steven G.

Steven G.asked

I have a Honda hey 194 and need a new starter mechanism, cant find one on line, does another model fit? Cheers Steve

Ron N

Ron Nasked

HRU 194 , Does any one know where I can purchase a recoil start unit for this model.... searching everywhere... order a new spring, but it broke whilst fitting ( Cheap Chinese steel) or heavy hand.
Regards Ron N. 0407 067 607

J k

I would try The following link, search parts for the GXV120.

Good luck!

Tdriver
Tdriver

Secondhand parts for Honda engines 0427 077422 has new and used in Brisbane will post

Peterasked

Hi what is the difference between the 194 and 195 Honda mower?

J k

Main difference is the engine used, the HRU194 uses the GXV120 (approx 120cc), while the HRU195 uses the GXV140 (approx 140cc), both are 19” cut (being the number 19 in both model numbers, also HRU214 and HRU215 are 21” cut), the 4 in the model number HRU194 refers the the number of horsepower (4hp), likewise the 5 in HRU195 equates to 5hp (approximately). Both have a great reputation and parts are still readily available. I’ve read the GXV140 used a plastic cam to drive the pushrods but I think this may be version dependant.

Thanks so much!

Budda

Buddaasked

Hi all, I have been given a honda hru194. My misses wants to get a new one as it is missing the starter recoil unit to start it. However it does start on first pull every time now I've given it a service. Can anyone tell me what starter recoil unit to buy or what other honda models have interchangeable recoil units that will fit the hru194? Thanks Trent.

AJS
AJS

If it starts first pull every time (and mine does too) can it do that for the Missus too? If so, just stay with the pull cord. May need to change Missus!!!

Brett G

Brett Gasked

Where could I source decals for a HRU194? I am rebuilding. Motor and base are excellent paint and surface rust only.
Cheers

Not sure .. try ebay

Not sure .. try ebay

J k

I too have been down this route, I believe the HRU194 main decal that is located on the fan cover is no longer produced.

Dont go there x 2

Dont go there x 2asked

I have a HRU 194, bought second hand, was starting first pull. All of a sudden fires up then dies??? any suggestion what might be the problem?

G'day mate,
Hard to say, but the first thing It be checking/replacing would be the spark plug.
If that doesn't solve the problem which it probably won't entirely next would be to check the magneto that produces the spark and/or the fuel system like the carb and air filters. These are things you can all check yourself without spending too much money.
After that might be best to take it to a mower shop as it could be something to do with the engine components and being an older machine might require a partial rebuild.
Sounds like it might be a fuel issue as you mentioned it starts which means it must have a spark (but replace Spark plug anyway) then dies afterward hence more than likely a car by issue.
Check the oil as well!
Hope that helps you.
Good luck, worth your while to sorting out I reckon as it's a great machine and at least you'll know where you stand at that point condition wise.

Thanks 3basS, turned out to be dirty fuel, all good again :)

goodness

goodnessasked

Could I possibly get a User Manual for Honda HRU194 Buffalo Lawnmower we have had this for about 30 years still a great mower just need to replace a few parts and need to find there parts description

Hi there,
I don't have the original manual either.
Perhaps try this link, http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31VA5030.pdf
It's the closest model denomination to the HRU194 manual I came across online or as far as my search found.
Hope that helps.

Poppy m

Poppy masked

How much engine oil do they take?

seamus

Not to sure in mls ... full mark on dipstick

Bill de Kretser

Bill de Kretserasked

I have had my 194 since new in 1985, never missed a beat , changed oil every end of summer, cleaned air filter after each mowing using air tool of my compressor. Hit a rock the other week and now have a large crack in the chassis. Can anyone advise me where I could source a replacement chassis, new or second hand

old fart
old fart

Hello , To a Honda Mower repairer , if the parts you require are to expensive if he has a second hand one from a un reapairable mower. YOU COULD EVEN TRY A NON Honda repairer as some of the mowers used by a professianl grass contractor would be at that state of repair.

charliev
charliev

Hi Sorry Bill I can't help you, just have to keep looking and scouting around Cheers Charlie Vanderkruk

Honda
James H.Honda

Hi Bill de Kretser,
This is Sarah from Honda Power Equipment head office.
That is fantastic, sounds like your 194 is really part of the family!
Please get in contact with your local Honda Power Equipment Dealer. They will be able to assist you.
You can locate them using this link: http://dl.hondampe.com.au/Default.aspx?d=P/E
Many thanks,
Sarah

8lueovalasked

does anyone know if the honda hru194 can mulch? i have just bought a hru196 mulch plug. people say it will fit but i can't find one bit of info the hru194 anywhere on the net. No product details...nothing.

Cherie.M
Cherie.M

Mine has a mulching plug that I fit when I want it to mulch. So the answer is yes & the mulching plug came from the Honda dealer.

8lueoval

are you able to post a photo of how the mulch plug sits in the deck? Thanks for the quick answer

Scottyq
Scottyq

I still have my old 194 and have a new 196. I don't see how the plug would fit. The assembly at the rear of each mower is entirely different.