MPN: HRU216M2
See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Salad
SaladSydney, NSW

This mower is a Tank and too heavy for parts to handle

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
King Disappopintment
King DisappopintmentTrafalgar

Disappointing

Firstly, I am a contractor. I usually buy the 19" Honda mower which is fantastic! When I bought the 21" self propelled, at first it seemed great! Unfortunately unless you mow your lawn twice a week it is useless both mulching or catching grass, and if its long and wet better to use scissors!! The small shute clogs up every 10m. A very disappointing mower and would not waste the money on one again! And don't start me on the cost of maintaining it with all the cables etc that break!

Date PurchasedMar 2015

A S.
A S.asked
Buffalo Classic HRU216M2

How many kg weight this machine

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Can you get someone to check their website for basics ?

kew
kewasked
Buffalo Classic HRU216M2

Just purchased one of these today. This is my first self propelled mower. It has three speeds. I asked at the shop as to whether changing the speeds could be done on the go. The shop said yes but the book is a little unclear but seems to say that one should release the clutch to change the speed. Any thoughts on that. Thanks in advance.

Chrisb81au
Chrisb81au

No it can't be changed on the go. You must disengage, change gear then re-engage

Papamike
Papamike

I was told to stop before changing gears, and to push off before engaging gear to increase the life of the gear box. I learned to be pleased with 2 to 3 years use out of a machine used commercially.

James

I have a Honda HRX217 which is self-propelled as well and I can easily change speed on the go. Doesn't seem to have any affect on the mower though I often do stop or at least slow down so i can be sure it has changed to the right speed. Not sure if its the same with the 216 though I would imagine it is

Dennis
Dennisasked
Buffalo Classic HRU216M2

Hi I have a Honda Buffalo Bull Mulch & Catch!! I am looking at the Self Propelled Pro series!! How much heavier are these Self Propelled ones compared to the One I have now (approx 3 yrs old in new condition and do the dealers over trade-ins on upgrading??And what is current prices etc
Tnx for reading my Msg
Dennis

James

Hey Dennis, now while I may not have one of these myself (yet.... getting one soon) my friend does and I have a mowing business which we often use his mower for. If when you say the self propelled pro series you mean the HRU216M2 (the top-of-the-top-of-the-range one) it is rather heavy (around 60kg from what I remember) but if you have a trailer or ramp it should be fine. It is self propelled as you know already so it is a dream come true for big yards and thick grass. Tried using my own push mower yesterday on foot-high grass and it was absolute torture. The HRU216M2 is incredibly powerful though and has a blade brake which is helpful. As for the price RRP is currently $1,750 but a few places have them at $1,449 so its expensive but well worth the price. Not sure about trade-ins it probably varies by dealer so maybe ask your local mower shop.
Hope this helps.