Honda HRU216

Honda HRU216

HRU216M2, HRU216D, HRU216M1, etc...

Lawn Mower Buying Guide

Read now

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Michael O.

Michael O.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality, plagued with gearbox problems

Purchased in March 2020 at Stihl Dealer for A$1,700.00.

Product is usedDaily

MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible clicking

Purchased March 2020 hru216 m3
Nothing but same problems with it

After the 3rd property I get to its struggles to self propelled you can here the click and clunk noise from the drive shaft to the gear box
It’s been in 6 times and these clowns can not fix it
Plus gear box was replaced brand new after one week same issue keeps happening
Honda headquarters don’t give a damn and the dealer doesn’t know what to do

Purchased in March 2020 for A$1,800.00.

Product is usedDaily
Matt O.

Matt O.

Honda quality is nose diving

Purchased a mower - under powered with twisted chassis. Made in Melbourne - not good. The Honda customer service are rude - Ash. They have undertrained staff who seem not to like their job - would not employ them. The problem must stem from the top which is unfortunate.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$1,200.00.

Product is usedWeekly

craig mckay

craig mckayCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No good in damp grass

When the grass is damp it clogs up the shoot all the time ,requiring you to remove clogged grass .
Has done about 40 hours work and smokes on start up .
wont go back to honda again.

Purchased for A$1,500.00.

Product is usedOccasionally

Terrible mower for the price

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely disappointed

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Chrisb81au

Chrisb81auSomerville

Good Mower Terrible service!!

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Rmt

RmtGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crap quality

I bought the top of the line so call commercial mower. I only use it on a small lawn and look after my gear real well. It will not mow damp grass or long grass. The paint is falling off the deck after 9 months. Talking to the warranty dept. seems to be hopeless. Honda never again.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

So disapointed.

I paid top dollar for a mower that I thought would cope with the harder jobs. Granted the grass is high and even a bit wet... but that's why I bought a mower for top dollar. This mower just cannot cope. Turns the job into a nightmare.
Clogs - bogs down and hasn't got the grunt to do the hard yards.

max
max

Not worth the mpney

Brought the Honda 216 for my business, 4 months later needed a new gear box then 2 months later the new gear box broke again, to heavy when catcher is full, not worth the money, may as we'll just buy a push Honda

DenverHobart, Tasmania

A Honda by name but not by quality

Have had my new HR216 Honda Lawnmower for a few months and very disappointed in the design and quality. Not only is it heavy and noisy (for a Honda), today after only starting it about 6 to 8 times since new, the starter cord shredded and broke. This is caused by a very poor quality cord dragging over a sharp plastic edge in the recoil unit as it exits the housing. This must be common with this model, as it will continue to happen unless honda redesign and replace the recoil unit and cords on this mower. I have written to Honda, so it will be interesting to see their reply.

Denver

Wow Sarah, I wrote to you about the small and easy to fix problem I had 11months ago and did not receive a useful or helpful reply, and now you insult me by thanking me for my feedback............??????????????

Graham

GrahamBiloela

Starts easy, but thats all...wasted our money

Recently we traded our old Honda mower HRU19D, for a new HRR216PKUA lawn mower, as we never had any problems with the old one which made mowing easy.
What a HUGE let down for us. The new one is heavy and hard to push and the bag catcher is absolutely useless. My wife can no longer mow (which she likes to do) as she suffers from asthma and the constant dust through the bag sets her off.
The distance between cutting heights is a FAIL and the overall experience is terrible. We wish we had kept our old mower instead of wasting our money on this one.
Disappointed (VERY)

James H.Honda

Never buy another one give me my money back

All though warrant says 2years commercial by salesman, its for motor only, I have brought two gear box lasted less than 6 months on both, chasis has cracked on one chasis warranty 6mths, A commercial mower, WHAT EVER.
This mower or warranty seriously needs to be reviewed by manufacturer Honda Australia
Went well for about 6 weeks
Alll moving parts cables breaking wheels collapsing

James H.Honda

Mower had significant problems after first cut

Terrible mower. Don't buy thisd mower just because it is a Honda thinking it will be the best on the market. There are major design floors which will have it back in the workshop and still not fixed. I strongly recommend you consider other brands e.g. John Deer, Rover etc.
Starts first time
1. Does not cut properly. Lawn cuttings jam in shute to the bag. 2. Second arm on handl to engage the blades breaks and is a know design fault. 3. Periodically have trouble shutting off the mower.

Terrible

Poor service from Honda on faulty 3 speed gearbox.Gearbox has failed and Honda will not repair the problem but did fix friends mower bought on same day and had same gearbox failure.
Starts easy
Gearbox has failed after very little use and Honda will not fix it

me.
me.

Still going strong after 6 years of moderate use.