Honda HRU216

Honda HRU216

HRU216M2, HRU216D, HRU216M1, etc...

Lawn Mower Buying Guide

Read now

Mel

Mel

Very slow I can push faster

I’m really disappointed with the mower. I’ve owned this for 3 weeks , it’s still brand new. Selling for $1750. It’s VERY slow and not that powerful. I’ve had it checked by Honda and they set it at 3200rpm the max it should be set on. And it’s still not good. I have it on the rabbit (full throttle) and it’s a slow walking pace on gear 3 the fastest setting. I had an old Honda push mower and I got my jobs done a lot quicker with this. I can push faster than the self propelled. I really thought it would be a great mower for my business but it’s slowing me down. I expected to get my jobs done quicker.

Purchased in May 2019.

Overacted for the price

Very disappointed with this product as a commercial product it fails to cut slight moist buffalo lawn or thick I replaced a masport briggs and Stratton a 4in1 that I had for nearly 20 years and never missed a beat started first go all the time very bad mistake I made buying this Commercial product for money not worth it

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Salad

SaladSydney, NSW

This mower is a Tank and too heavy for parts to handle

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Honda HRU216 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

King Disappopintment

King DisappopintmentTrafalgar

Disappointing

Firstly, I am a contractor. I usually buy the 19" Honda mower which is fantastic! When I bought the 21" self propelled, at first it seemed great! Unfortunately unless you mow your lawn twice a week it is useless both mulching or catching grass, and if its long and wet better to use scissors!! The small shute clogs up every 10m. A very disappointing mower and would not waste the money on one again! And don't start me on the cost of maintaining it with all the cables etc that break!

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Commercial Mower? NO WAY!

Had the mower for approximately 3 years. Blades wear way too fast, gearing is too slow, bag clogs up at the sight of wet grass, cables constantly snapping, gear box troubles: Had it replaced once under warranty, now 10 months on, same issues!!! Will never buy a Honda again, overpriced, underpowered and poor workmanship.

Drive motor

Have a commercial business and always use honda gear however very disappointed in my recently bought 216 gearbox broke within ten months. Think catcher size/weight when full is too much for it bad design and poor quality control

Going to kubota

Have had 7 Honda 216 models and the old ones were tougher than the modern (post ohs gear )
Have always had problems with Shute blocking up with clover or long paspalum . Have had three handles snap, am constantly replacing the discs, also no good support from Honda company or retailer.
Am trying the new kubota professional self propelled, as Newcastle council and some mid coast contractors have switched

HarryUFODarling Downs, QLD

Who'd waste their money on a Honda?

I help an elderly widow out around her yard and have done so for over 25 years. Her yard is over 2.5 acres but it has too many trees to use a ride-on. She bought one of these time wasters in 2008 because we were told it would cut the mowing time by about 1/3. This piece of rubbish chokes at long grass, thick grass, wet grass & dust- which sums up their yard completely. I have a 30+ year old 2 stroke Victa which runs rings around it. If she had the money & I had the time, I'd throw it & get something to do the job a lot easier.
easy start, good size catcher, self propel function
chute clogs too easily, engine cuts out as soon as the going gets tough, self propel function could be faster, hard to restart when hot

HarryUFO

We have managed to find a mechanic who has improved it a little. I just put up with its idiosyncrasies because it is now of an age where it is easier to put up with it instead of trying to improve it

jrb

jrbAU

Pretty but not practical

Very frustrating mower,chute is a major fault,also very heavy.Safety handle useless,everyone I know straps them.7year old hru 195 runs rings around it.Good motor and pretty to look at but very restricted in its uses.Not happy and would love to meet who field tested this model because they need to be told.
Motor, solid deck
Heavy, expensive, safety handle, chute is a shocker

wise awl
wise awl

These mowers are better suited for larger areas, and not good for wet grass- opening too small due to 3 speed gearbox taking up room.

me.
me.

No problem with mine after 6 years. My property is about 700 Square metres.

Petrol Lawn Mowers