Honda HRU216

Honda HRU216

HRU216M2, HRU216D, HRU216M1, etc...

Lawn Mower Buying Guide

Read now

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Baxtersin

BaxtersinNorthern Region, NSW

It's great for what I want

Purchased in February 2020 at Tweed Mower City for A$729.00.

Noise Level

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Murray Stones

Murray StonesWollongong

Very Good

I have been mowing lawns for a living over thirty years this is the only mower on the market that will stand up to constant commercial use .
The mower is quite expensive compared to other brands but the the long life makes it well worth the extra money

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Honda HRU216 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

LeSquid

LeSquidGoldfields, WA

Big and powerful, but not perfect for all applications

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ashley

AshleyMerbein

Great Mower!!!!

I got sick of buying a cheap lawn mower every couple of years. This starts 2nd pull every time. Only down side is the weight of it. Its very heavy and makes it difficult lifting in and out of the back of the ute. Thats the only down side even has the water wash point to clean the deck without flipping it over.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Quality Mower Worth The Purchase

As a commercial mower in 2008 I purchased one of these to make my life easier when doing the tuff and dirty jobs (high grass and big bumpy blocks) i was so impressed i purchased a 2nd one and wouldn't use anything else...great finish and durable not to mention time saving, even the missus could use it on the days she tagged along!

Date PurchasedMar 2008
Fish

FishUmina

Solid machine

I bought the HRU216 about 2 weeks ago very used and broken. After virtually rebuilding it I have used it for 2 days with my business ( testing the repairs before the busy season). It runs great and cuts well, although I haven't used it on thick grass yet I think it will handle it well. I only have 3 minor issues which probably won't affect most users. The handle is quite a bit lower than I like (I'm 6'2") some adjustment would be nice. It is slower than a hrx217 I'm use to an almost jogging pace. The speed can't be changed while moving, if I approach a thick patch of grass I have to stop to change gear. Like I said these are minor and it will be a good 2nd mower for my business.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Lily k

Lily k

Easy to use

The honda hru216 is easy to use and saw to use. It make relatively low noise and cut grass nicely. Since I bought the machine I begin to love cutting lawn. Overall it is a very good lawn machine and I really recommend to everyone who consider to buy it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Max

Max

Good

Used it found it Cool. Good power strong equipment Would recommend to anyone. If it dies I would buy another Honda for sure
Maneuvering is easy and cutting results are excellent with this mower
About maintenance not much is required except the normal oil change routine and spark plug cleaning along with air filter cleaning

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Honda HRU216 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Papamike

PapamikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good mower, but not perfect

Date PurchasedMar 2015
JKs Garden Service

JKs Garden ServiceWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great Machine

I am a contract Mower man. I have just bought my 3rd HRU216 second hand self propelled mower on line. The 1st 2 have been fantastic. They do an awful lot of work. The only negative I have is the chute opening. As others have said it could be widened to prevent clogging. Lets hope the 3rd second hand model is ok.

Thank you for the feedback JKs Garden Service's. - Sarah

Patrick

PatrickSydney

ok

Bought new $1550.00. Powerful engine, starts easily and pretty robust.
Mulch attachment was $50 and doesn't even fit properly, really heavy although I'd rather heavy and lasts long than light and falls apart.
Only had it 2 months so time will tell if buying a honda self propelled was worth it.
power, easy start, tough
heavy, mulch attachment doesn't fit properly for $50,

beachshack

beachshackNorthern Region, NSW

Cant live without it!!

I am a average sized female in late fifties with a big lawn of verdant buffalo grass and I haven't looked back since purchasing this beauty. So easy to start, cruises through the thick buffalo and even though it is heavy once you perfect the technique for turning it, no problems.
It has turned our yard into a beautiful lawn wheres our previous mower just got stuck in the buffalo and made an awful mess.
Was sold a Husqavarna self propelled but it wouldnt even move in the buffalo so got my money back, bit the bullet, paid the extra and havent looked back :)
Reliable, easy to start, cruises through buffalo
Heavy, but okay with the right turning technique.

James H.Honda

Thank you for your thoughts beachshack. Great to hear that you are getting the use out of your mower. - Sarah