Honda HRU216

Honda HRU216

HRU216M2, HRU216D, HRU216M1, etc...

Lawn Mower Buying Guide

Read now

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Juan G.

Juan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect Mower for my type of usage I am very happy with this mower and I think it is worth the money

Purchased in September 2019.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Product is usedWeekly
MICHELLE

MICHELLESouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy Customer

Bought this lawnmower 2 weeks ago and i am really impressed, it cuts the grass super fine and holds sooooo much in the catcher. Our lawns are looking perfectly cut and my husband likes that it has a range of gears and the self propelled option drives nicely. definitely worth your money, we bought this from mower world and received perfect customer service!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Ferrett

FerrettCentral West, NSW

My Mowers better than yours

One thing I love to own is a great lawn mower.
Can’t go past Honda mine is not for commercial use this is my second only due to moving states and couldn’t take my other one. Starts first time every time I have it serviced regularly and love how it’s self mulching as I can’t lift the catcher so I don’t use it. This one’s going to outlast me I think. The only downside for me was price $1600 is pretty overwhelming but one the other hand it’s there for the long haul.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

PCJB

PCJBAustralia

One of the best things I own

This works a treat after 5 years and I expect it will keep going that way for another 5 at least. I purchased to mow our 1/2 acre block that has some sloping parts and it does it with ease. At first it seemed a bit heavy and clunky to use but it a short time I figured out when and how to use the self propelling feature to my advantage. I have it serviced once a year but it could easily be done by someone at home who has the time and inclination to do it. I have since purchased a small ride on to cut the mowing time down even more but there are still some areas that the Honda can only do so I cannot part with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Paddy11

Paddy11Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great self-propelling mower

Great mower especially the self-propelling part for our steep block. Easy to use and once the initial throttle cable hiccup was sorted it starts on the first pull. Nice big catcher and great mulching function. On the heavy side weight wise but. Very solid build so it should last well.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Shannon

Shannon

Dream mower!

Heavy going without being too heavy this is fantastic to work with. Such an easy to use marvel that I'm mowing the lawns of less fortunate neighbours because it's just made so easy! Very easy to start and maintain, well worth the cost even on a pretty small surburban block.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
James

JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Phenomenal!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
nbc

nbcWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Domestic Use on a large lawn

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Terrific

Mighty good mower cuts really well, Just a bit heavy!
Bit hard to turn for a old bloke of 74!
Very easy to start and run, Starts first time every time..
Easy to maintain
Love it. supplied by Mowers Galore and they have serviced it once and I would recommend this model and the service center to each and eryone

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Stew

StewCairns

Honda reliability

I've got two of these and they cop a fair amount of abuse. They start first pull every time and they aren't too noisy. I live in a hilly area and none of my clients live on flat ground, so having a self propelled machine is a must. One mower has over 800 hours on it and never had any mechanical issues. A couple of small annoyances are they don't rev out hard enough when delivered from the dealer, but that's an easy fix. The throttle lever seems to catch on low branches resulting in it almost shutting down (minor thing). Keep you blade in good condition and you'll never have an issue
Love my Hondas

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Bill M

Bill MHunter Region, NSW

Bulletproof

I've had my mower for twelve months.
I will often do between five and 10 lawns per day in summer … This mower is fantastic. As someone mentioned before, a friend of mine who does hundreds of lawns told me to push off before engaging the clutch always, and you can potentially add a couple of years life to your gearbox.
Highly recommend.

James H.Honda

Thanks for the great feedback Bill M.
-Sarah

kingfisher49

kingfisher49Tas, 7467

Awesome Lawn mower gives excellent results

Wonderful mower. Self-propelled, blade brake, and massive catcher. I have a 10 year old one I use a lot. Doing around 200 to 300 lawns a year I need the best. Great warranty. This is however, a rather heavy mower, so if you need to transport it, get some ramps.

Chris

ChrisAdelaide

Honda 216 propelled mower

James H.Honda

Hi Chris, this is Sarah from Honda's head office in Melbourne. Glad to see that you're loving your HRU216! It's a hugely popular model and it's great knowing that you'll be getting plenty of use out of it. -Sarah

MuttleySouth Coast NSW

Had Honda self propelled mowers for 25 years.

Muttley

New models at the home gardener level would get a different review from me...dissapointed.

King of the lawn

James H.Honda

Thank you for your thoughts lawnking88. Great to hear that you are getting the use out of your mower. - Sarah

Amy

AmyAlbany, Western Australia

Great cut and powerful engine

Fantastic lawnmower, much better then any other mower we have had previously. Great for larger lawns i.e. 0.5 to 1 acre. Love that's it self propelled, starts first time and can cut through pretty much any type of lawn/grass effortlessly. Comes with 4 yr warranty. Mulch and catcher works really well.
cuts well and efficiently, powerful engine, starts first time
nothing really, just that is it a heavy machine

James H.Honda

Thank you for your thoughts Amy. Great to hear that you are getting the use out of your mower. - Sarah

Tezza

TezzaMaryborough, Qld

None better

Have been using a HRU216M1 for three years, as a professional, and it is still going strong. Just bought my second machine (the K2). Only repairs have been with areas where you would expect wear & tear, like the drive shaft to the gear box. Clogging of shute only occurs where grass is extremely thick and wet, and would be expected.
Works for me.
Nothing.

James H.Honda

Thank you for your thoughts Tezza. Great to hear that you are getting the use out of your mower. - Sarah

jassinqld, 4300

Great Mower, well worth it

This is a great machine, i have a decent size yard with 2 moderate slopes and one nasty slope and i couldnt do it with out this mower. One pull to start is awesome. Forget how dear it is, i believe you get what you pay for, you buy rubbish itll be rubbish, buy the best itll perform the best, and thats what ive done.
In saying that i do find it a bit heavy to work with but not unmanageable and its definaltly a bit underpowered, she does bog down a fair bit, wet or dry grass but again its not unmanageable. The only thing i cant figure out is how to put in is the mulching plug.
Terrific mower over all, glad i bought it
Self propelled, Good on fuel, quality, easy to use, Honda
Tad heavy, a little underpowered

beachshack