Honda HRU217D

3.0

sandyfeet

sandyfeetAU

Good

I have this mower used on a daily basis for commercial jobs. My mower has never had a problem with clogging the chute. However it does have a relative small chute.
    I have had problems with this mower taking rain water into the tank. However I would assume most people would not have their machines out in the rain.
    The two peice handle obviously makes a longer lever so there is more bend etc.
    If it where not for the wide cut i would rate lower.
    Large cutting width and catcher.
    This quiet a heave mower. Its engine is of a larger capacity but the smaller hondas I have seem to outperform it.

Honda
    James H.Honda

Thank you for your thoughts sandyfeet. - Sarah

Bad

The mower in concept is good, but I am frustrated to the point of attacking the thing with a sledgie!! Clogs on short lawns, long lawns, dry grass with a wet base and leafy (ie clover) ground cover that has moisture trapped in its leaves.
    I think it tries to mulch as it catches and turns the clippings into soup!
    Hi, great cut width and large catcher are great advantages, plus large fuel tank.
    The chute is too narrow and clogs continuously. I carry a stick attached to the handle to keep cleaning the opening.

Honda
    James H.Honda

Hi lano1, sorry to hear about your experience! I see its been a while since your review, however if you are still encountering issues please contact customer.relations@honda.com.au and we will look into your issue. Many thanks, Sarah