Honda HRX217

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
HariPerth, WA

No issues, great machine.

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,300.00.

bushmagpieAU

Should have bought one years ago

Purchased in June 2020 at Benalla Mowers & Chainsaws for $1,459.00.

George
GeorgeDarwin

Great Machine!

Very nice machine! I do various of runs throughout my yard and it makes my lawn look mint everytime! I like the latch to dismount the excess grass and the capacity is also quite big which was what I was after. The motor inside has plenty of power and hasn't broken down within the time I have bought it (about 9 months ago). I recommend this mower to anyone who is after great performance at a reasonably good price with that reliability that many mowers do not offer!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Honda HRX217 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Sanchez
SanchezSydney, NSW

I'm Lovin' It

This mower is great, no issues, plenty of power in the 190cc engine and starts 1st or 2nd pull. I've had this mower about 18 months, used for 250m2 flat lawn weekly, sometimes twice a week and the cut is great. I'd never go a non-self propelled mower after this. The variable speed settings makes it easy to get the right speed and the ability to have the engine and self propelled on while the blade is not spinning is exactly what i needed to get up my steep driveway. The composite deck is not a problem, i was slightly concerned at the start. My only concern is the fixed blade, if it hits anything I've read it destroys the engine/mower, if that happens the cost of replacing will hurt.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Bellakelpie
BellakelpieSouthwest, VIC

Really nice mower

Just purchased one of these to replace a Proscape self propelled mower. Don't be put off by the composite base as opposed to steel or aluminium bases. The base on this is tough and stands up to punishment. The choice of 7 speeds makes mowing so much easier and the fact that it can also be pulled backwards while cutting (my old mower could not) makes things so much easier when getting into tight spaces. It starts instantaneously which my wife loves. It almost makes mowing the lawn fun.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great Mower

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Ames
AmesNSW

Easy to handle

I live on almost an acre block and it is a massive chore to mow the yard. I find this mower light weight and easy to start as the old one I would have to get my partner to start. Starts first go. I still hate mowing yet I enjoy using the new mower so not as much as a chore to have to mow the yard now. I love my partner for purchasing this. We sometimes argue over who gets to use it. He he.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Fish
FishUmina

Awesome machine

I bought my hrx217 last August, It's my first honda for my business. Runs great and very light considering it's size. The only problem I have is I operate on the coast and the blades don't last long because of the sand. I asked the local dealer and they told me you can't get a conversion kit to use swing back blades.... so I made my own have been using it for about 2 weeks. The mower is even better now

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Fantastic mower

Best mower I have ever had. It's an amazing machine. Starts first time every time and it's fairly easy to manuvore. The engine is huge with plenty of grunt. I would highly recommend this machine to anyone from weekend mower to contractor. The gearbox on these things are also fantastic.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Date PurchasedDec 2016
JT
JTNewcastle, New South Wales

Top of the line

I own two of these for a lawn maintenance business. The nexite body definitely lives up to it's reputation. The cutting width makes quick work of even larger size jobs, and the inbuilt mulcher makes it easy to change on the spot. The variable speed control works a treat, as does the blade brake. If you want a top-quality mower, this is it! The ones I have are currently 1 year old and have cut hundreds of lawns. No mechanical issues as yet, just general maintenance. Beautiful machine.

Honda
James H.Honda

Thanks for the review JT. It is great to hear that your HRX217HYU is perfect for your lawn maintenance business.
-Sarah

Bobby Mac
Bobby MacSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best is worth it

For anyone looking for a self propelled mower you simply won't find better than this. It is so flexible In regard to speed, cutting modes (rear discharge, bag or mulch, or combinations of these) with plenty of power. This enables the user to find a mowing mode that suits exactly the type of lawn, terrain and physical ability of the operator. These modes can be easily changed on the go as conditions change. A truly magnificent, safe machine with legendary Honda reliability. It may cost a little more than some others, but it is worth it.

Honda
James H.Honda

Thanks for the review Bobby Mac, it it great to hear that this mower has exceeded your expectations. -Sarah

ciaman22
ciaman22AU

This mower makes the job of mowing on steep ground easy!

JETasked
HRX217

Has anyone found a practical solution to adjusting the height on the rear wheels? I am constantly struggling with this, not to mention the poor skin on my knuckles would appreciate it. Ive tried lifting the mower which sometimes helps a bit but not always. Seems like a design defect to me?

Ray
Ray

I found it easier to put a brick under each corner and take the weight off the wheels to adjust the height then when I got it right just take it off the bricks. Its a bit like the clutch. It was a nuisance holding it all the time so I use piece of velcro tape . A couple of wraps and the clutch is on and just leave a tab up to unwind it quickly if you want.

Gregasked
HRX217

can not move lever across from bag to mulch what causes this. Greg

JET

Greg, I suspect there is lawn caught in the bag-to-mulch sliders. Have a look from underneath and clear grass caught between 2 black plastic sliding panels.

Greg

yep that was the problem not just grass but mud as well , now that has been cleaned out. bought this mower second hand, wow what a mower would recommend to any body looking for a top mower thanks honda.

Peter B.
Peter B.asked
HRX217

Can you pull the mower backwards

Ian
Ian

Hi
You can pull the mower backwards but remember it’s designed for self propelling and therefore is a bit heavy to pull backwards on a regular basis

Hi,
Yes. It’s easily pulled backwards. It won’t propel backwards. Nothing to change, just pull back. I’m not a big person but I pull it back easy.

bushmagpie

You can but it's slightly heavier than a mower that isn't self propelled.

Honda HRX217

No reviews yet
Honda HRX217HYA
  • Discontinued

Honda HRX217HYA

CategoryPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $1,529.00$1,329.00$699.00$829.00
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrol
FeaturesBlade Brake and Quick-Start MotorBlade Brake and Mulching CapabilityBlade Brake and Mulching Capability
Catcher Type CollapsibleCollapsibleCollapsible
Catcher Capacity88 L88 L
Cutting Deck MaterialPlasticAluminium AlloyAluminium Alloy
Cutting Width533 mm533 mm508 mm
Height of Cut19 mm to 100 mm19 mm to 100 mm95 mm to 102 mm
Number of Blades222
Weight46.1 kg43.6 kg45 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)3 year(s)5 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameHonda GCV190 OHV/OHCHonda GCV200 OHV/OHCHonda GCV200
Engine TypeOHC (Overhead Cam) and OHV (Overhead Valve)OHC (Overhead Cam) and OHV (Overhead Valve)
BrandHondaHondaHonda