7Honda Jazz

Honda Jazz Questions & Answers (page 2)

Tam
Tam · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

Hi, I have a 2006 Honda jazz gli auto transmission 4 door hatch car, very frequently it jerks while pressing accelerator, some one said 'need to change coil packs, do you know how many in coil packs in this car, and where can I get?

thanks

Karl
Karl

the transmission is one of the items I have no problems with I believe if you take it to a service agent someone with experience I suggest Kmart Tire Auto I have both my cars

serviced by them I find them reasonable priced and not trying to make a mountain of cash out of you as they do not own the store and they will give you the same experience as any qualified honest mechanic and if you need to leave the car they are always in a convenient location as to public transport or shopping centres they can and I believe will

give you an honest answer I have used them for 15 years at least on many cars and utes their great excellent honest service at a reasonable price I say all this and I have no interest in the stores I only use them to service my vehicles

JOHNSIMMONDS

Hi, In answer to your Honda Jazz jerking occasionally on acceleration, I am guessing the same thing has occurred to you car as happened to mine . A lot of service departments (NON HONDA) are not aware that the GLI Jazz has 8 spark plugs, 4 in front and 4 in the rear. The service guy might have neglected to change these at the rear as they are hard to get at and also hard to see., I would change them at about every 40,000kms. This was my problem, replacing them fixed my jerking Jazz perfectly. If you have done around 250,000 kilometers then I would agree that the coils need replacing, which would be available at a Honda dealership, or an auto electrician, I hope this helps,,, regards from Simmo

pharlap61

My parents have an 02 jazz old but goes like a rocket and had a fault where it would just stall took it to the mechanic to run test and he said could not fault the car but it may be coils breaking down.advised it would probably be best to change the coils and plugs $1500 .so he changes the oil and charges me for that which i had just done unbelievable and charges me for that. 2 days later i had time and decided to check the plugs myself they were damn tight , they had not even been removed and checked . Went to Super cheap bought 8 plugs $39 and changed the old ones which were absolutely stuffed and never checked.Fixed the fault .But whats really irritated me was i took this to ultra tune thinking that with all there analysers they would have been able to see the spark was almost non existent.end result i would never go back there again.

gibz

Definitely coil packs. Cheap on ebay. Simple to change.

Coogs
Coogs · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

Looking to purchase a Honda Jazz 2004 VTI auto 120,000 km, two months rego asking price $5500. Is this a good price?

No i would think more like 1500 even in excellent condition

As they say tell them there dreaming

GrannyV
GrannyV

I would be very wary of the CVT problem that occurs with this model. I have a 2004 model and Honda fixed CVT problem at 80km and the problem has re-occurred at about 125km. Just had my 140km check, got CVT oil replacement and so far,shudder is minimal, however, I was told Honda unlikely to do much if anything due to age of car. I would also say that $5500 is way overpriced.

gibz

Itd still bev worth that. Sold a vti cvt with 186000 km, two months ago for 4500 to the first person that looked at it. If the cvt shudders, change the fluid. ONLY use Honda fluid!!! You'll need to drain and refill 4 times. Not cheap but worth it.

raymond P
raymond P · Jazz GF (2014-2024)

When purchasing accessories/bling overseas via internet - confusion reigns supreme in relation to my Dec 2015 build jazz - some suppliers advise that it is really an Indonesian/Japan/Asian model which is different to american and European build - other suppliers say they are identical?

Case in point is rear fog light appertures - my model has larger appertures than other versions - why is it so?

Gumshoe

No idea ours is a 2010 model, bought central armrest box from Hong Kong, selected our model, was all good.

Fester

Purchased shark fin antenna via alibaba and all good .

Do not have an answer for the fog light aperture difference.

Emily
Emily · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

Looking at a 2007 Honda Jazz that's clocked up 127, 000 kms. Selling it for $6800. Does that sound reasonable?

Gumshoe

Carsales.com.au would be the place to value it from what is on sale there, but if it has up to date log books or you get a satisfactory inspection done go for it.

Fester

It seems close to what I would expect to pay. If the bodywork is in good condition , and all mechanical repairs / maintenance is logged , then I would be looking at a price of between $6000 - $6400 .

Also - rego - how long has that to go before renewal ? If not long ,then use that as a bargaining tool , as it will cost you approx $700 to register.

Tony · Jazz

Hi! I am enquiring about the GPS for the Honda Jazz apparently you have to use a Laptop or phone with GPS capability for the Honda display.

Can you inform me if this is correct and what app or program is required?

I have the latest 2015 model VTI-L Jazz.

Len Hall

Personally I would prefer not to have a car with a built in Sat Nav as from experience they do go wrong and it is easier to simply throw my portable Tom Tom away and buy a new one. Current Tom Tom works OK.

Lyss
Lyss

It is a bit of a silly one. Apart from paying $50 (in australia) for the app, you still need to plug it in to use it in your dash. I just bought a phone holder and use Google Maps. I find it much better than my TomTom. It gives me updated travel times that take into consideration traffic, roadworks etc.

Tony

Thanks for the input, it would save connecting and disconnecting the GPS hand held type, I would think that the new models of all cas will incorporate the GPS as it is now very cheap software.

Sam
Sam · Jazz GE (2008-2013)

Does anyone know where I can find the auxiliary port on the 2008 Jazz?

JOHNSIMMONDS

Hi Sam, I am presuming the Jazz is a GE 2nd generation Jazz and the auxiliary port in question relates to connecting an auxiliary media devise to the car. As far as I know the port is accessed by prying open the round cover on the left hand side of the dash board control panel adjacent to the cd slot. Hope this helps.

Karengl
Karengl · Jazz GF (2014-2024)

Looking at buying jazz 2013 for our daughter . It's done 21000 kms. Price $12000 sound ok (with rwc) ?no service book found yet, looking for it. When is first service ??

Warren H
Warren H

Services are every 10,000 km.

I'd be wondering why the seller can't find the service book.

Servicing is fundamental to the future of the car.

Is the car a Manuel or Automatic?

If its a Manuel then the 1.3L motor is fine if auto I'd strongly suggest the 1.5L motor.

My sister has an automatic with the 1.3L motor and she wishes she would have gone the larger motor.

Small motors in auto mostly just don't go well.

Honda Jazz cars are fairly cheap to buy new but the price of spare parts is very expensive.

I now know plenty of people who own Honda Jazz cars and there is a total consensus they rust easily.

I now also own a Citroen C3 and my wife and daughters love it.

I can never get a drive of it because it's so popular with them.

The Honda Jazz is looked on as being very much the second rate car.

The length of the wheel base on the Honda Jazz is quite short so it doesn't "track" well.

By this I mean it doesn't drive well in a straight line.

The Citroen drives beautifully has outstanding fuel economy and it's rust treatment will have it last a long time before I need to worry about it rusting away.

Heaven

1st month. Every 6month after that.

William of the hills
William of the hills

$12,000 sounds a bit rich, considering there's a new model out (with a bigger motor, more features and better safety) that can be had for only a few thousand more... I would say a base 2013 would be worth around the $10000 mark now and a 2009 around $7000.

Charlie
Charlie · Jazz GE (2008-2013)

I have a 2013 model and I would like to have air vents on without the air con on but for the life of me can't seem to be able to. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Heaven

Sorry mine is a 2014 one. If yours had a digital display panel, you may find beneath the panel the control for air. An aircon sign is at the bottom corner closer to wheel side (in Australia). You can push the sign to turn it off. There are fan and other options signs separate from aircon. All the signs can be directly pushed on as using a touch screen.

Charlie

Mine is the climate control and doesn't have the dials, we just bought a Yaris and we can just have the vents open on that so I know what you mean. Cheers.

guermon
guermon · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

what is this faulty cvt?

gibz

Cvt, constantly variable transmission, the type of auto they had.

brian

I think the cvt could also be the cyntrivocal joint thats connected to the front wheels

gibz

No. They are CV constant velocity joints.

Len Hall
Len Hall · Jazz GE (2008-2013)

My 2014 touch screen Honda Jazz appears to have a problem that occurs sometimes when I am approaching my home I push the button that brings the windows into the park position. On several occasions the LHS rear window will open all by itself at the same time. Has anyone else experienced this problem and is it fixable?

Len Hall

This is not an answer other than to say that after a service Honda North could not find a problem with the car but they did record the details. My only other negative report is that touch screens are even more dangerous than mobile phones in my opinion. I also have a recent CRV and it is a much safer car to drive as it does not have a touch screen but it does have a reversing camera.

brian

It seems like you need to take the car to a auto electrician workshop to see if they can help you

Keato
Keato · Jazz GE (2008-2013)

Is the Honda Jazz considered more of a girls car? are there many guys that drive these?

Felix
Felix

Hi

Not sure but I drive it and I'm a guy.

It is consider quite big for those small car if you come to Nissan March or Suzuki Swift.

Jorgejio
Jorgejio

Our 2009 VTi-S Jazz is a VUV (Versatile Use Vehicle). ‘One small car, has more uses than any other small car’, means ‘broad clientele’.

(What’s your priority? What you think of the car while you’re driving it, or what you think other people might be thinking?) (See my initial comments?) Nissan Micra is the car targeted at the ‘young, female buyer’; looks like a handbag in profile, has 17 internal pockets, 4-speed auto only. Back to back, a Suzuki Swift vs a 1.5 Honda Jazz, the Suzuki feels gutless. If handling is highest priority, probably late-model Ford Fiesta?

The Jazz’ advantages are: versatility, headroom, excellent braking, robust build, engine reliability, economy is good, ‘origami seating’, adequate handling, comparable performance. Nothing else will take five fairly tall adults, carry a surfboard, or two tall pot-plants, or have a fold-flat floor, doors open to nearly 90 degrees, or have 3 child-anchor points. A good one could last through several ‘life changes’.

Len Hall

If you drive a pink car then maybe you are right. I also own a late model CRV and I am happy to drive either car.

Charlie

I'm a 58-year-old with a 2013 Jazz and I love it. No one would call me a girl. Ha ha.

gibz

I have a Chrysler v8 and an old falcon Ute. Yeah my jazz is abit granny. But yes know what? Who cares. I've owned jazzes since they are released in 02. Love them to bits.

vijay
vijay · Jazz GE (2008-2013)

some time when i stop my car on traffic light and if its little up hill. it roll back. and some time it scary. why it happen ?

mmc
mmc

This is quite normal with any car. When you need to stop on a 'hill' just put your parking brake on, then slowly release it when you are ready to move forward again.

gibbut

its called gravity. some cars have an anti roll back feature, eg subaru, maybe try one of them.

Gravity

amymitch
amymitch · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

Does changing the battery in the 2006 honda jazz effect the computer in any way?

Jonesy100

I was told that you had to get a dealer to reset something if you disconnect the battery so when we had a battery replaced for the first time we paid the nice man at Honda somewhere between $50 and $100 to plug our car into his computer and press a button. This battery subsequently failed 12 months later so we had the RACQ change it (as they had fitted the faulty one) and this man had never heard of cars having to have anything reset if you take the battery out.

We therefore didn't the second time around but I guess it's up to the individual as to whether you want to take the gamble! Hope this helps :)

gibz

no it does nothing other than reset your radio channels and time. Removed mine many a time

Charlie

My Honda service department told me if you disconnect the battery it will reset the computer to factory. Then start the car without any load (turn everything off) and run it for 20 minutes before driving.

brian

Probably not though make sure there are no keys in the ignition and the ignition switch is totally off if you change the battery in the car

gtecs
gtecs · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

Experiencing shuddering at the start to 10km/h on my Honda fit 61,000km. Is this normal to all honda fit. How can we fix it.

Hi.

If it's what I think it is, and you have an auto gearbox, you'll need work done on that - at the cost of a few hundred dollars. Type it in Google and you'll see that loads of people have had it and apparently in some countries they've been recalled. When it happened to my Jazz however, Honda (through their dealer) claimed to never have heard of the problem and charged me for the rework.

If yours isn't an automatic then disregard the above!

Disappointed Honda Owner
Disappointed Honda Owner

no, it is not right. Honda Australia and dealers want you to pay for their faulty cvts while consumers in other countries can get much better services. Honda Australia is only interested in their profits not its customers.

tdphillips
tdphillips

I have had a 2005 jazz VTIs with CVT since 2007, had 14k when purchased, now has 165k, just change the CVT fluid more regularly - with the genuine honda fluid, at about 30k intervals, or if you feel a slight shudder starting off, its an easy job to change the fluid, drain it/fill it - thats it. The car has been trouble free apart from a set of coil packs causing rough running at light throttle. Some aftermarket coil packs from Amazon, about $120 for 4 delivered, fixed the issue and improved fuel economy. Very good car to own.

Dianna R.
Dianna R.

I have a Honda Jazz 2007 which shudders when I first take off what could be causing this to happen. I have done 110.000 k

SusieQ56
SusieQ56 · Jazz GE (2008-2013)

Has anyone else had problems with rust? Both front driver and passenger doors have significant rust, rusting from the inside out. Honda assured me it would be fixed under warranty, but it is now one year since I brought the problem to Honda's attention. BEWARE!!

Canal 1
Canal 1

The current Jazz has a six year warranty on rust. Take it back immediately and demand that it be fixed.

gibbut

My sisters 02 model had a slight amount of rust in the hatch are. We have had 3 jazzes in our family and there will be more in the future we LOVE them!

Peter Tran
Peter Tran

The manufacturing of the Jazz between 2008 to 2011 was done in Thailand. I feel that the build quality of these cars in this year range were a bit inferior compared to the later models which were built in Japan.

One of the build issues was that it is prone to rusting around the door edges and areas where water would run through when you wash a car or after rain. The Japan built models carry the Vibe and Vibe-S badges. I feel these are the ones you should be opting to buy when it comes to purchasing a second generation Jazz.

Edward
Edward

Hi Susie, I purchased my Honda Jazz in January 2015 (Dec. 2014 model) and in 2016 I noticed the first rust spots under the bonnet. I reported it to the service staff at Hoskins Honda (now Sutton City). They took some photos and promised to contact me. Nothing happened so at the next service I reported it again. By now rust spread to engine bay and the hatch door.

They took more photos and promised to contact me again. Since nothing happened I contacted Honda Australia. They advised me to deal with Sutton city. They took more photos (two years later) and I haven't heard from them since.

When I requested all further communication to be conducted in writing they went dead quiet and even rejected my registered letter which I than posted to Melbourne Honda Australia. No answer, so today I am attending the first session at NCAT.

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Select a listing for your question
Honda Jazz