16Honda Odyssey

Honda Odyssey Questions & Answers

Diquan V.
Diquan V. · Odyssey RB1 (2004-2009)

Hello goodmorning am lookin for the transmision fluid pressure switch located?

Honda   DM

Hi there, apologies for our delay in response. I will see what I can find out and come back to you.

Honda   DM

Hi there, I have checked with our technical team and whilst we do not have your exact VIN, we found that there are two pressure switches on this transmission but no variable sensor. Would be best to discuss your concern with your local Honda Centre. Please see link as follows - external link

Ggj O.
Ggj O. · Odyssey RB1 (2004-2009)

When the air conditioner compressor is turned on, it makes a sound like something has closed the outlet of a refrigerator, causing air to rush into the back section.

Honda   DM

Hi there, thanks for your question and apologies for the delay in response. This sounds like a question for the service department at your local Honda Centre or air conditioning specialist.
You can find a Honda Centre via this link - external link

John S · Odyssey

Hey I just bought a 2014 Odyssey VTi and didn't realise there were no anchor points at the back of the second row. Is there any means of replacing these seats to include anchors that wont intrude on third row space? Do 2014 VTi L 2nd row seats have the same tracks where I could replace my seats with VTiL seats from a wrecker? Is there any alternative? I am not going to buy a new model for a while if at all. What modifications exist to remedy this? I have seen other VTis selling used that have "modifications to allow child seat restraints without intruding on third row space", how was this achieved? Thanks

REEEEEEE

James H.
James H. · Odyssey

Decelerating for a speed bump and the vehicle suddenly accelerates, why? Is there a cruise control problem? The car does not have ACC. 2016 VTL 90Kkm

Scott S.
Scott S. · Odyssey RB1 (2004-2009)

Where is the remote receiver located? 07 odyssey

Scott S.
Scott S. · Odyssey

I bought an 07 odyssey, and I have no remote locking I have a key and key lock it. Where is the remote receiver located?

Danville B.
Danville B. · Odyssey RB1 (2004-2009)

Where is the transmission fluid temperature sensor located on 2009 Honda Odyssey 2.4l?

Danville B.
Danville B. · Odyssey RB1 (2004-2009)

Where is the transmission fluid temperature sensor located on a 2009 Honda Odyssey 2.4l?

Mark S
Mark S · Odyssey RB1 (2004-2009)

How do you remove drivers seat as I need to replace centre console

Jun T.
Jun T. · Odyssey

Hi I own a 2016 Honda Odyssey Vti-L. Is there a way to remove the middle row captain seats. I need to move some big furniture and need the additional space.

Leo
Leo

Hi Jun, not sure if and how the seats can be removed, I've never done it and I also believe that our cars are different, you have a newer model. Good luck, cheers

vivian b.
vivian b.

we have the 2014 and yes the captain chairs are removable (by a mechanic and with great difficulty - they are harder to put back than to take out if that helps)

Mach1
Mach1 · Odyssey

I have 2005 odyssey luxury. Page 223 of the manual states under ‘towing a trailer’, ‘your vehicle has a trailer lighting connector located in the rear maintenance lid on the right side of the luggage area‘. It shows a picture of six boxes apparently containing a wiring colour code for each pin. The only opening on the right of the luggage area at the back is a plastic grill which I’ve taken off but there is no connector inside that looks remotely like the picture on page 223 which is completely unhelpful. What exactly does the maintenance lid look like and where exactly is the lighting connector to be found?

Brian M.
Brian M. · Odyssey RB1 (2004-2009)

I have a 2006 4 that seems to stutter changing into 2nd+3rd under acceleration auto elec gave me following codes P2646 and P2647 can someone tell what the codes mean

Huy H.
Huy H.

My Odyssey 2006 is having the same problem. it is very hard to change from 2nd to 3rd gear on an automatic transmission. My error code is P0776.

Joel
Joel · Odyssey

Hi, I have Odyssey 2016 VTI (8 seater) and I'm planning to tow a small trailer with (6x4) for a long weekend camping. There are 2 questions that I would like to confirm.

1. Towing capacity of Odyssey is 450kg for unbraked is this right?
2. What is the maximum weight capacity for Honda Odyssey 2016

Any details or link would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Joel

Honda   DM

Hi Joel, We would suggest to refer to your Owners Manual, and look up under Max Tow weight for further information required. This is due to your particular variant not supported with a Honda Genuine Tow Bar, we cannot give advise on aftermarket or Non genuine products. Thanks Kiara

tommy v.
tommy v. · Odyssey RB1 (2004-2009)

I have Honda odyssey RB1 2006 I-Vtec engine, CVT trans. so I want to find pdf manuals... in my country (Georgia, east europe) there is no service for these type of cars so I have to change everything myself and I need to know what engines are in this and when it needs to change engine chain(or belt), or how often I need to change CVT trans. oil?

Hi,
In Australia model, VTI (8 seaters) year model 2019 & 2020, is the middle seat of the 2nd row removable for easy access to the 3rd row like the link below?

Carol W · Odyssey

Hi, I have question for Odyssey VTI & VTI-L year model 2019 and 2020.

From reading reviews over the internet, most of them said it's difficult to access 3rd row if we put 2 carseats in the 2nd row due to the tether straps had to be stretched to the back.

And if we put 2 carseats in the 3rd row, it limits the boot space.

Are these still the case? Where are the anchors point for the 2nd row and 3rd row in the VTI & VTI-L new model (2019 & 2020)?

Thank you.

Tristan
Tristan

We f you get the VTiL it has 2 captains seats in the second row so you easily walk through to the 3 row.

Honda   DM

Hi Carol, Thank you for your question and opportunity to respond in relation to the seat configurations in our Honda Odyssey. Firstly, the 2020 model has no specification changes, meaning the seat configuration remains the same. Installing baby seats in the 3rd row of the VTi (8 seat grade) and VTi-L (7 seat grade), as the top tethers are placed near the boot floor, the seat belts come through the boot space, slightly reducing boot space.

Installing baby seats in the 2nd row of the VTi-L, the top tethers are placed on the rear of the Captain Chairs towards the bottom, so will not intrude through to the area in the 3rd row. The VTi-L also has ISOFIX connectors for baby seats in the 2nd row. However, ISOFIX is not available on the VTi grade.

Carol, if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out to our customer service team on 1800 804 954.

Kiara

Carol W · Odyssey

Hi, we’re considering honda odyssey VTI (8 seaters). However, we don’t like the fabric seats. Is there an option to upgrade it to leather seats when we order the new car from the dealer?

Honda   DM

Hi Carol, Honda Australia suggest not to modify the vehicle away from the original specification and we do not have the option to upgrade to leather within our dealer network. Have you considered our other variant which is leather, however is a 7 seat?

Carol W

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.
Yes we'll consider the VTI-L, but at this stage, we still prefer 8 seaters (VTI), because we need to put 4 carseats, and need 2 extra seats for our parents if they visiting from overseas. Thank you again.

Our pleasure, all the best - Kiara

Aram S.
Aram S. · Odyssey RB1 (2004-2009)

I had my odyssey around one year it was running good after I take it too car wash to clean it he done good job but after I left I had check engine light on I took it too dealer they said you have the v-teck solonoied (not sure with spelling) they changed the engine light gone.

Now I have one issue some times the car start late and one day didnt work from the first time I feel the not like before any ideas you can help me with please?

Matty C.
Matty C.

The exact same thing happened to mine, my mechanic replaced both the vtec solenoid and the oil pressure switch, they both need to replaced at the same time as they talk to each other, I havnt had a problem since

Aram S.

But my one is good but sometimes running late I dont know what is the problem now?

Moses S.
Moses S.

What oil do I put in honda odyssey 2004 model luxury

Andrew R
Andrew R · Odyssey

hi can someone please give infos on how you put roof rack/ rails on your honda odyssey? thanks

IanNZ
IanNZ · Odyssey RC1 (2014-2024)

Can someone confirm there is no isofix in the 3rd row/back row? Thanks

Dizzletree
Dizzletree

I don't think so. Only in the two outside seats 2nd/middle row. Also be aware the top tether straps from the 2nd/middle row pass over the top of the 3rd row seats. You can easily fit 3 full harness kids seats across the middle row. Also finally, the 3rd row is the least safe in a car crash, it's listed in the handbook as being part of the crumple zone. So I'd consider it for occasional use only.

IanNZ

Hi thanks for the reply. I guess you're referring to the 8 seater version. That's a shame but makes sense given what you mention about the 3rd row being in the crumple zone. Makes the 7 seater option slightly less attractive, as without the 3rd row there are only 4 seats! So most people would be utilizing the 3rd row ( I imagine) with this 7 seater version.

That is strange about the 2nd row anchors. I always thought the anchors were located on the rear of the seat (so no obstruction/intrusion to the 3rd row seats).

Here in NZ the 7 seater is model name is L (or LS from 2018) and is the more expensive version. The 8 seater is the S and has fabric seats.

In Aus I think they are called VTI-L and VTI respectively.

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Select a listing for your question
Honda Odyssey