Honda ST1100

Fantastic Touring machine

Date PurchasedJun 2016

defenderperth

x police st11oo

I have owned the bike now for 2 years.It has been problem free and a treat to own.low or high speed is not an issue with plenty of power on tap.servicing is easy to perform.I have had a lot of bikes over the years and can honestly say this is a keeper

Date PurchasedJan 2015

fantastic thank you

A thing of beauty is a joy forever

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
    Sport Touring Bikes

Find out how Honda ST1100 compares to other Sport Touring Bikes

Desoz

DesozAU

Good solid workhorse

randy fisher

randy fisherasked

1996 st 1100 if the bike is maintained service , timing belt , oil changes , brakes , 111,00 miles how long could you expect to riding this bike I'm looking to buy it .

defender

These bikes if look after are bulletproof machines I have heard of owners with 300.000 km that are still going strong.knew of another who travelled around the top end of Australia when it had already 190.000 on the clock . These were much loved by the police when they had them .enjoy

Eppic2asked

Some reviews expressed concerns about how the ST handles tight and twisty corners. **** Does it a lot of extra effort or is it a scary thing to do the hairpins and sharp u-turns? I intend to go to South Dakota/Mt. Rushmore and various parks in that area this summer...and enjoy the twisties etc.
    **** Has anyone been there on this bike?
    Note: I currently ride a 1500 Kawi Nomad (good centre of gravity) and am wondering about switching to the ST 1100

defender

The beast handles corners with ease it is the best touring bike ever made.

Eppic2

Thanks for that vote of confidence. I’m 5’8”/166lbs. with an average build. I found my ‘99 Kawi Concours (1000cc) to be top heavy for me.
    ••• With the 1100s fuel reservoir being under the seat it should help The COG, but would it be enough to make the bike a LOT more manageable?
    ••• Are there any of you ST1100 owners my height?
    I want to be comfortably flat footed when this bike rolls to a stop. I’m only asking because there are no bikes like this in my neck of the woods to try on for size. Thx for your time.

Karl Jasked

In which year did the ST 1100 go from carburetors to fuel injection,? thanks.

John g
    John g

The st1100 had carburettors only ,they changed to fuel injection on the next model which was the st1300.hope this helps.

defender

As far as I know it didnt

Ok thank you.