Honda UMK425

1 review
Darren

DarrenMid North Coast, NSW

10 year review

I purchased one about 10 years ago. I have never had a problem with it until now and to be honest I couldn't have been happier. It still starts straight away. I haven't been easy on it. If I put it in to be fixed I am sure it would not take long however I am about to upgrade and will be purchasing the same one to replace the old one. I cannot fault the Honda!

Purchased in January 2010 for A$499.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used Weekly
Grass Type Short grass and Tall grass

JMCasked

UMK425 Loop Handle

UMK425E. Engine will not stop after running for about 30 minutes. It is very difficult to stop. Have had this from new for quite a number of years and this is the first time I've had this issue. Is the engine stop switch at fault?

X M.
X M.

Sounds like your stop switch has faulty connection. Remove the red button and look underneath to check for debris. Mine stops the second it is pushed.
You could try turn the choke on and pump primer to flood the engine to stop it if desperate, but this is not recommended.

JMC

Thank for that. I took the switch out but could not take it apart so I sprayed it liberally with electrical contact cleaner, reassembled and it now works perfectly. It is a very good product in general if you keep up the maintenance routines.
Cheers

joeasked

UMK425

Is it save to tilt this unit on its side whilst running to do Edging like footpaths etc ?
Logic tells me if I do this to a 4 stroke and I will seize the motor. If this is true I'm regretting buying this and iI should have got a 2 stroke trimmer which does not matter if you tip it sideways or upside down whilst running because its lubricated by the petrol .

PaulMaroo

It’s designed to be used upside down, as is the fuel tank shape and its weighted strainer. The Honda website says “The UMK425 Loop Brushcutter features full 360 "any-side-up" operation, so you can use and store it in any position”

joe

Thanks for the reply , I'm still confused as i thought if you run a 4 stroke motor upside down or sideways the motor it will starve the motor of oil and damage the motor . Whilst you say it can be used upside down , how will this not damage the motor from oil starvation ?

joe

If the Honda website is saying it can be used in any position , What magic are they using to prevent damage to the motor from oil starvation ? - If HONDA state this on their website it must be false and misleading information which defies the laws of physics for gravity .

Frank Mercieca

Frank Merciecaasked

UMK425

How to place cutting chord