Honda UMK425

Honda UMK425 (page 2 of 3)

UMK425 Bike Handle, UMK425 Loop Handle

4.5

BPOz_12

BPOz_12Mid North Coast, NSW

Quality product that does what is advertised

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Fish

FishUmina

Very reliable

I bought this machine about 6 years ago used and not running. I replaced the carby, fuel lines and spark plug. I use it every day for my mowing business and it runs perfectly every time. A the only things I have done to it since purchasing it are oil change, 1 air filter and 1 fuel filter. The gx25 engine doesn't rev as hard as a 2 stroke but it more than makes up for it with so much torque and fuel efficiency.

Date PurchasedOct 2011
Jonno

JonnoSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very competent machine that performs as well as a very good 2 stroke.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Arash

Arash

It works :-) but I'm not sure if it was worth the extra money over the bend shaft model

First of all I'm a noob when it comes to gardening and tools, initially I was going to buy the bend shaft model but after some research I settled on the straight shaft, it was $200 more expensive and I don't know if it's actually $200 better :-).
It works fine but I have issue with the line feeder, I'm pretty sure that it's my lack of knowledge/experience but so far I just manually pull out a bit more line with hands whenever it's needed.
From looking at some other brands/models, I can see that Honda has a very good quality and it's been put together solid and I hope that I wouldn't need to replace it for many years to come.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Mark

MarkOrmeau Hills

So good so far.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jim in Adelaide

Jim in Adelaide

Like all Hondas, it does exactly what it should

Date PurchasedJan 2017
GreyGuru

GreyGuru

Pay more.. it's worth it.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
SM

SMPerth

Awesome tool!

I am a 50 year old woman and I have had various petrol whipper snipper tools in the past and the main problem has always been starting the thing. This awesome tool does exactly what it is claimed it will do. Choke on tug, second tug and the thing is purring... music to my ears! It looks and feels well built. When you change the line it is straightforward and everything goes back easily. It cuts great and has a comfortable, adjustable balance. I've only had it a few weeks, but I felt compelled to write a review. I would recommend this as a great tool for women, mainly because of the ease of starting it and that despite being a four stroke, it is light to handle.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Unbelievable. Great machine.

I am 12 years old and that Honda umk425u made me cutting my neighbours lawns a breeze and it's so easy and so quiet. I would recommend this machine. I am owing up to Honda and am thinking to get a new mower from Honda
It's powerful and impresses my neighbours since it cuts so well. I really appreciate that Honda made such a wonderful trimmer.

Stew

StewCairns

Buy the best first time

Six months ago I purchased my second Honda only because I accidentally ran over my first one and totalled it. Some days I work these machines for a solid 6-7 hours an they never miss a beat. I bought a blade kit as well for slashing Guinea grass and it works really well. I can change over from blade to the cord head in a matter of minutes in the field. Have never had any issues with the bump feed head, easy to load and works well. I really abuse these machines some times but they just keep on performing. Best features- starts first time every time, quiet, fuel efficiency, and not too heavy.

James H.Honda

Thanks for taking the time to review the UMK425! Its is Fantastic to see you getting the use out of it! -Sarah

Baxtersin

BaxtersinNorthern Region, NSW

Whip it good!

James H.Honda

Thanks Baxtersin for your review. It is great to see that you have well and truly experienced the product, and know all of its idiosyncrasies. -Sarah

AndysFarm

AndysFarmHobart, TAS

Great highly recommended brushcutter

James H.Honda

Thanks AndysFarm for taking the time to review this product. It is fantastic to hear that this is exceeding your prior experiences with other brands. Many thanks, Sarah

paulc1051

paulc1051South Australia, 5039

Easy Start, Powerful Clean Running - Highly Recommend

Best line trimmer I've bought

Brilliant buy. Starts 2nd pull when cold, 1st when warm. Powerful engine works hard and very efficient on fuel. Love the 4 stroke, no blue fumes getting up my nose! I change the oil and check it over in the winter and it's good for the spring/summer season. I'm moving everything over to Honda 4 stroke engines after this experience. So far: leaf blower, fire pump, chipper. Next lawn mower.

Aarontownsville

Great Machine All Year Round

Hi guys, I have been using the Honda brush cutters since they first entered the market and in fact I still have one of the originals in use now going on 17 years give or take, it still starts first pull every time and only replaced the spark plug twice.
The current machine I am using is the umk425 and in my opinion it has plenty of power for the job, great on fuel and though it seems heavy at first you will get used to it, by all means I recommend spending that bit more on this machine as you will get 20+ years out of it. Cheers!

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for taking the time to review the UMK425. 17 years is brilliant. Glad to hear that these brushcutters are a perfect fit for you.
- Sarah

Great to hear TODDY!

Brad

Brad

Brilliant

Bought this machine nearly 5yrs ago and have been using it 5-7 times a week. Has never missed a beat. Not one. Easy to restring. Easy to clean spark plug air cleaner etc. Plenty of grunt for almost anything. Starts 2nd pull when cold and 1st when hot. Comfortable to use (I use it without the harness). Straight drive shaft is easy to get under trees etc and still light and manouverable enough for cramped areas. $500 well spent

James H.Honda

Glad to hear that the UMK425LNU is perfect for your needs.

Angelo Lando

Angelo LandoNICHOLSON

Direct Comment from a Honda dealer. "wouldn't own one myself"

Andy

Andy

Nothing but honda, best of the best

4 stoke easy to use, not noisy, clean air
Best for commercial work both metal blade and normal strap blade

James H.Honda

Thanks for the review Andy.

Ali

Ali

4-Stroke Honda Brush Cutter Only Way to go!

After using Husqy's or Stihl's for almost 10 years I made the change to a 4-stroke Honda with bull bar handles all I can say is WOW! It is quieter, doesn't smell, is more economical, runs for longer without needing a break, my hands don't vibrate and it is easy to start!!! Anyone who says this is not suitable for commercial or large applications is incorrect I have used this at nearly all of my family members homes and use at least twice weekly on my 10acre property. Highly Recommended!!!! I purchased from The Honda Shop in Midland and received quality service and advice..... VERY HAPPY
Everything
Nothing Really... is slightly heavier than smaller 2 strokes well worth it!

James H.Honda

Thanks Ali, great to hear your product comparison.

JMCasked

UMK425 Loop Handle

UMK425E. Engine will not stop after running for about 30 minutes. It is very difficult to stop. Have had this from new for quite a number of years and this is the first time I've had this issue. Is the engine stop switch at fault?

X M.
X M.

Sounds like your stop switch has faulty connection. Remove the red button and look underneath to check for debris. Mine stops the second it is pushed.
You could try turn the choke on and pump primer to flood the engine to stop it if desperate, but this is not recommended.

JMC

Thank for that. I took the switch out but could not take it apart so I sprayed it liberally with electrical contact cleaner, reassembled and it now works perfectly. It is a very good product in general if you keep up the maintenance routines.
Cheers

joeasked

UMK425

Is it save to tilt this unit on its side whilst running to do Edging like footpaths etc ?
Logic tells me if I do this to a 4 stroke and I will seize the motor. If this is true I'm regretting buying this and iI should have got a 2 stroke trimmer which does not matter if you tip it sideways or upside down whilst running because its lubricated by the petrol .

PaulMaroo

It’s designed to be used upside down, as is the fuel tank shape and its weighted strainer. The Honda website says “The UMK425 Loop Brushcutter features full 360 "any-side-up" operation, so you can use and store it in any position”

joe

Thanks for the reply , I'm still confused as i thought if you run a 4 stroke motor upside down or sideways the motor it will starve the motor of oil and damage the motor . Whilst you say it can be used upside down , how will this not damage the motor from oil starvation ?

joe

If the Honda website is saying it can be used in any position , What magic are they using to prevent damage to the motor from oil starvation ? - If HONDA state this on their website it must be false and misleading information which defies the laws of physics for gravity .

Frank Mercieca

Frank Merciecaasked

UMK425

How to place cutting chord