Honda UMK435

Honda UMK435 Questions & Answers

UMK435U, UMK435L
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

28 questions from our users

Fay T.
Fay T.asked
UMK435

How much do they sell for

Uncle GT
Uncle GT

I paid just under $800 and they are still about the same price.
A quick google search bought up the following reseller at under $800:-

Smruti R.
Smruti R.asked
UMK435

What is the rod dimension ? Is it 26mm or 28mm size ? Can we fit Tiller Weeder attachment to it ?

Ian
Ian

check out the web site it should have the answer your looking for, it does come with a blade for brush cutting but it doest take attachments

George Peter P.
George Peter P.asked
UMK435

Honda grass cutter 435T starts well but when I squeeze on the trigger for more power it increases speed and suddenly looses its power or dies out. If I pull the wire again it start and after a few seconds loose power and stops. any ideas?

Kobo G.

check the exhaust wire mesh, could be blocked by carbon

Tom
Tom

I've found mine must be creating vacuum in tank.When it starts to die loosen fuel cap for a second then tighten again.And it works fine till it makes another vacuum.Not sure how to remedy this as yet.

Grant M.
Grant M.

The carburettor needs a carburettor service kit run through it. Or you can buy a cheap carburettor on eBay, but not sure how long the diaphragm and pump will last.

Janet Casked
UMK435

Has anyone with a bike handle UMK435 or loop handle UMK435 used it to trim small shrubs like camellia, red robin photinia & dwarf bottle brush?

Kobo G.

It's not that powerful, I think, sorry, and I am using bike handle

Janet C

Kobo, thank you for sharing your view

Faranak Danaie
Faranak Danaieasked
UMK435U

what sort of petrol should I use please?

Kobo G.

I would not recommend using petrol with 10% alcohol, I am using 95, but I am not a commercial user

Oldster
Oldsterasked
UMK435

The line on my machine keeps feeding out so I have way too much line.

ChrisB
ChrisBasked
UMK435

How easy is it to convert a Honda 435e strimmer to a brushcutter, and what part do I need?

Brett.H
Brett.Hasked
UMK435U

I have just purchased a UMK 435U Honda Brushcutter, what a great machine.
What sort of oil goes in the gearbox & how do I know how old the model is.
Where do you get the user manual from.
Thanks.

Mark
Markasked
UMK435U

I have a replacement line head unit but it’s much bigger than the old one.
How do you remove the line head, there is no Allen key like the older units.

Lissajous
Lissajous

From memory (been a while), there's a hole you stick a screwdriver or Allen key in to hold the shaft while you unscrew the head. It's usually buried and hidden in grass so you may need to clean things a bit to find it. :-)

MR A
MR Aasked
UMK435

I have 2 Honda UMK435T trimmers. I have had to replace the clutch shoe TD40 in both units and they are less than 8 months old. Why do they wear out so quickly?

Subang

Trimming head speed too slow, causing clutch slippage

Tapan M.
Tapan M.asked
UMK435

Air filter should change after how many days?

Subang

Read the manual. If very dusty or you encounter lots of debri clean it more often

Thambi
Thambiasked
UMK435

how to grease the hub of Honda 435 T brush cutter?

F.G.

Hi. To my knowledge the bearing and spindle head unit are factory greased and sealed.
My 35 has been used on my small acreage every weekend and for many years.
The head unit still spins smoothly and has no shaft play.
I would think I will wear the motor out first.
I am sure your Honda dealer could effect repairs when and if needed.
For me I will just park it up and buy another Honda.
They are so reliable.

NeilJaneasked
UMK435U

While re assembling the nylon cutting head, I have placed the holder upside down and therefore when I insert the alan key into the cutting head, there is no slot for it to lock into.
How can I remove the cutting head and place the holder the correct way around?

Glen B.
Glen B.

Place the holder in a vice and undo the cutting head, or use a pipe wrench on the holder to hold it firm. Remember it is a left hand thread.

NeilJane

Thanks but we have since sorted out the problem.

Alavo
Alavoasked
UMK435

What is the position of choke when working the machine?

Jeremy S

Open once you have got it started from cold.

Saroj
Sarojasked
UMK435

Honda umk 435T brush cutter how much fuel consumption in a hr?

Jeremy S

Depends how hard you are working it. You should get an hour or so out of a tank.

Terry
Terryasked
UMK435

I have honda versatool umc435 i have had problems since day one. machine started on full choke when of choke cuts out. took it back to shop they changed carbretta said it was faulty everything seemed ok but now same thing is happening starts ok on choke from cold but cuts out when choke knocked of. i start it up let it run couple of minutes then knock choke of it cutts out. it will keep working only if i hold throttle and keep the revs up .any thoughts on this?

mr aussie
mr aussie

Air filter, buy a new one off fee bay $4

Jeremy S

Try putting compressed air through the fuel tank filter.

F.G.

Sounds like the vent valve on the fuel filler cap is blocked.
Try starting it with the cap loose. If it runs smoothly you would need to air dust the cap or wash it in some petrol.
Cheers.

Trevor H
Trevor Hasked
UMK435

I have a Honda UMK 26 which I cannot find any information on ...I am looking for a primer, gas cap and will probably need more pieces ..anyone got any info on this?

Jeremy S

If you have a local Honda dealer go there. About $6 last time I got one.

Titus
Titusasked

UMK 435E
Hello
Managed to get hold of one of these awesome machine after submitting a winning bid at an auction. The choke has been a little sticky, but currently have cleaned a lot of the parts. I will be reassembling the machine parts over the next couple of days after parts have had a chance to dry out. Does anyone know how many gaskets are on this model as I ma considering replacing them.

Regards

John

Greg
Gregasked
UMK435U

Hi I was brush cutting this morning and for the first time ever my machine cut out. I went to restart it and the chord won't pull out to start? I'm gathering it must be caught up in the gearing somehow. Any ideas for a home fix? Cheers, Greg

UltimateConsumer
UltimateConsumer

I believe your motor might be cooked beyond repair. Most likely a lack of oil, or dirty oil. More expensive to fix a seized motor than to buy a new one. Sorry.

Fraser Lox
Fraser Loxasked
UMK435

Why the engine has not enough power to supply when cutting grass, and the engine stop?

G'day Fraser, there could be any number of reasons for the engine losing power and stopping, but I always check the easiest (and cheapest) solutions first. In this case they would be the air cleaner and the fuel strainer, both of which you can service yourself (instructions are in the manual).

By the way, my wife complained of something similar one day, it turned out she had just left the choke on. I still give her a hard time about that.

Annie
Annie

I have had the same problem with my Honda brush cutter. Did all the maintenance jobs in the manual but although improved it never fixed it. It is always worse when cutting long or thick grass. It always seemed like it wasn't getting enough air but changing the air filter did not fix it. Loosening off the petrol cap fixed the problem but the cap then fell off with vibration. Yesterday I drilled a hole in the centre of the petrol cap and it has never worked better. I can rev it up as much as I like and it never cuts out. However not really knowing much about engines I wanted to ask if the air was being limited for a reason. What I have done now means that I can cut flat out but will it damage my engine?

JohnS
JohnS

Hi Annie. Had the same issue. That fuel cap is supposed to be vented but the tiny hole blocks up. The engine can't keep sucking fuel (especially when working hard) if there is a vacuum developing in the tank. So yes, you're on the right track. No issue with drilling a hole unless it is so big that junk gets in the fuel.

Honda UMK435