Hoover 18V Pets Plus Handivac CH965

Listing monitored by Hoover

11 questions from our users

Kim
Kimasked

What should I do if the Blue light on the base of the charging unit is no longer illuminating?

Hi Kim,
The light may have just gone out, is the machine still charging?
Replacement charging stands can be purchase through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone by calling 1800 815 270.
Part Number: 33201479
Price: $15.95

Kathryn M.
Kathryn M.asked

Why does the blue light on my handivac not illuminate anymore? It’s also not charging even tho the red light is on?

Hi Kathryn,
There may be an issue with the charging station or the battery.
We would recommend taking these into your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for further inspection.

Tony C.
Tony C.asked

Is the charging light (red light by the handle) supposed to turn off when charging is completed? I've just purchased this and noticed the red light still glowing after sitting in the charging dock for 24 hours.

Hi Tony,
The red light on the handle and the blue light on the charging stand will be illuminated when the machine is on the charger and it is turned on, these lights do not turn off once the machine is fully charged.

Jewelasked

Can the battery be replaced?.

maxine
maxine

Yes but expensive.
May as well buy new vac.
Wasn't impressed with durability. Wouldnt buy again.

Jewel

Thanks Maxine, I had a feeling this would be the case. I won't be buying again either.

Hi Jewwl,
The batteries for this machine can be replaced, replacement batteries are $49.95, for this to be replaced the machine will need to be booked in through your nearest Godfreys store to be completed by a qualified technician.
Unfortunately as the batter is one of the main components of the machine it is pricier to replace.

Charmaine
Charmaineasked

I'm looking for an instruction manual for my Hoover handivac 18v dry pets +

Michelle
Michelle

I have searched online and can't find one to download either

Allessandra
Allessandraasked

Where do I get a battery to replace for this model???

Ralph
Ralphasked

How do I get a replacement battery pack

Nette
Netteasked

How do I get a replacement charger?

Gail C
Gail Casked

Are you supposed to run it out of charge before you put it onto recharge, or should you put it on recharge all the time???

RaphaelChan

HI Gail, combing through the instruction manual again, it makes no mention at all for such a procedure. Only that you should charge a minimum of 6-8 hours, but ideally 14 hours for optimal use of battery. According to the troubleshooting guide, the battery should run for 8-12mins.

We've had it for a year now, and it does appear to reduce power after a couple of minutes of use. But we haven't tested if it will actually last 8-12mins (I suspect it won't since it sounds like it's slowing down already after a few minutes). From years of experience in the mobile phone industry where most of the early mobile phones ran on Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) batteries, you were expected to run the battery flat completely before doing a full charge from time to time to get optimal performance and avoid the "memory effect".

I think it would be extremely inconvenient to have to do that with this Handivac, and since they don't mention it in the manual, they probably don't expect you to do it. But if my understanding of NiCd batteries is correct, then it would probably help to do it at some point if the running time has reduced.

Tania S
Tania Sasked

Any advice on why my 14mont old HandiVat 18V does not hold it charge. It used used to run brilliantly but now I'm lucky to get a few minutes total out of each charge.

RaphaelChan

Hi Tania, if my experience with Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) batteries with old mobile phones serves me right, then it may be helpful to let it run flat completely, and then do a full charge a few times to get the running time back up. These NiCd batteries - whether used in old mobile phones or power tools were notorious for developing what they called a "memory effect" where it would discharge at the point at which you recharged it last.

We've had our Handivac for about a year now and it still seems to run ok but noticeably slows down after a few minutes. Haven't tested how long it can run for but when it gets too short, I intend to try full discharge/recharge cycles like we used to do with mobile phone NiCd batteries to see if it helps.

J Lim
J Limasked

For the Handivac CH965, how long does the battery last after each charge?

sacah
sacah

Sorry, very late reply, I don't think I got an email about a question )-:
Recently moved house, off charge for 4 days, used it a bunch of times, maybe 45min in total and it was still good. Generally though we use it for 10-15min tops and put it back on it's charger.

Baz
Baz

The instructions say to charge for 14 hours, my question is, can you leave the handivac 18v on charge all the time you not using it ?

Hi Baz,
You can, however, if the machine is not going to be used for an extended period of time we recommend to turn the charger off at the powerpoint.
A minimum of 6-8 hours of charge time is required for effective operation.
The Hoover Team

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

Other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners