Hoover Action Pets

Hoover Action Pets (page 2 of 6)

Bagged, Bagless

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (20) · No (11)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (8) · No (22)
Kaytlyn

KaytlynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job

I bought this vacuum when I was living with my housemates dogs and cats. It managed to pick up hair best on carpet, but sometimes struggled sucking up items off the tiled/timber flooring. This vacuum has a vet short chord of maybe 3m. It makes for a very annoying chore having to unplug and use multiple powerpoints throughout the house. The vacuum comes with lots of different heads for cleaning cars etc.

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfreys.

Rita E.

Rita E.Sydney, NSW

Excellent product

This vacuum cleaner is perfect for on all surfaces. Using the powerhead on carpet (only) gives an incredible clean and really lifts out the dirt. I can't compare or to any other vacuum cleaner I have used.

It is very compact and light weight, and makes storage easy.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys for $350.00.

antje

antjeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Vacuum performance

The vacuum cleaner has great suction and definitely works well with the power head for dog hair. The power cord however is not long enough and I always need an extension cord attached. The wheels on it are very small and it tips over very easily. The flexi hose also kinks a lot as both ends don't swivel. It is a very efficient cleaner other than the other draw backs mentioned, but I also bought it on price and for the power head which is amazing. I also like the variable suction control for different uses, and it's very quiet.

Purchased in April 2018 for $499.00.

Anushka

AnushkaVictoria

Fantastic for carpets

We have mainly carpets but a few tiled areas. Have found this vacuum cleaner to be perfect for our needs . We recently tested it next to a Dyson dc54 and what the Hoover did in one go took the Dyson about 8 times going over . Very happy with our purchase. Only complaint is it often tips over

Purchased at Godfreys for $479.00.

Liza Ryan O.

Liza Ryan O.

Great Vacuum Purchase

Great vacuum if you have pets. Good suction and has a power head or normal head options. Works well in mats/rugs and hard flooring. Definitely sucks up all the pet hair. Relatively light and easy to drag around. Need to change bags but that isn’t a major problem for me.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys for $300.00.

Floor TypeWood
sooz

soozPerth, WA

Disappointing

Bought the Hoover Pet Action to replace the wonderful little Hoover Smart. I explained that I had a small apartment style living where storage was a consideration to purchase. I was told that this was an upgrade to the Smart.
Totally disappointed with the Hoover Action Pet. Suction was acceptable however
1. The cleaner is heavy and not very maneuverable. It would frequently tip over onto its side or back
2. The head is so large that it would not easily fit under furniture
3. It is bulky to store, requiring to be broken down into individual parts before stowing. This made the cleaning process less convenient.
The Hoover Smart had just as good suction, and none of the issues mentioned above.

Purchased in July 2018 for $479.00.

Gareth

GarethPerth, WA

Epic Fail

It is difficult to believe a company that has been making this equipment for 100 years could develop such a frustrating machine. As mentioned by others the cord is a bit on the short side, but the deal breaker for me is the poor tracking which causes the machine to tip over. As you pull it along you may as well flip a coin as to which way it will drive, and if you want it to follow along behind you best results seem to be attained in the upside down position.
Apart from that it works great.

Purchased in August 2017 at Godfreys for $500.00.

AlbertoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wish I'd read the other reviews before I bought it

I went along to buy another Nilfisk but listened to the salesperson and got sold the Hoover Action Pets instead. The cleaner head takes large amounts of pile off our (expensive) carpets. The machine's capacity is small so the bag doesn't fill properly and needs replacing after every clean. The cleaner head is too high and doesn't fit under some furniture and too wide so doesn't fit into some spaces. I still use the old Nilfisk floor tool on the tiles. There is no handle on top of the machine so moving it around is cumbersome. The hose gets a kink it. In short a waste of $400+. I'll abandon this machine and go and buy a Nilfisk, which I should have got in the first place.

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys for $430.00.

Alberto

I eventually took the Hoover back to Godfreys and they kindly did an exchange (with cash adjustment) so I now have the Nilfisk which I originally intended to buy. My carpets and I are much happier!

Greg

Greg

don't bother if you have pets

I could have bought a cheaper cleaner but got sucked in by the salesman. The pet feature is useless as the head keep blocking up, the machine tips over by looking at it and the bag capacity is far too small. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The machine is crap.

Purchased in March 2019 for $500.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood

Replaced it after 8 months

This vacuum is useless with so many design faults I don't believe that anyone at Hoover actually does the vacuuming. The power cord is too short, the pipe doesn't twist at both ends which kinks continually, the body of the vacuum is too low to the ground and tips over all the time, suction is poor, the dirt collector is too small.

Purchased in March 2018 for $399.00.

Mike Buchanan

Mike BuchananWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Most useless vacuum cleaner I have ever owned

1. Very heavy and cumbersome.
2. Power cord too short.
3. Smooth floor head sweeps rather picks up dust, especially on tiles.
4. Always having to clean the brush on this head as keeps getting blocked up with dust and fluff.
5. Won’t roll over the cord as the wheels are too short.
6. The power head works ok on carpets but the other head is useless on carpets as doesn’t suck up small bits of fluff.
7. Tips over easily

Purchased in April 2018 at Godfreys for $479.00.

Clogging IssuesNo

Good for carpet, useless for everything else.

First the good: Extremely good with the power head on carpets, does what it is meant to do.

Now for the bad: its bulky, tips over easy, the cord is WAY to short, its hard to get into any small area, the power head is only good on carpet, on tiles it is frustratingly terrible at suction to the point that I find it quicker to bend over and pick up anything other than dust. I had always used Dyson before and got suckered into buying this from a very persuasive saleperson. I am now going to buy another Dyson and throw this thing in the cupboard to be forgotten about.

If its only for carpet I would rate it 3 out of 5 deducting stars for the short cord, bulkiness and habit of it tipping over

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Shae

ShaeSouth Australia

Does a great job of lifting dirt and dog hair out of the carpet

I was amazed when I first bought this vacuum at how much dirt a d dog hair it pulled out if my carpet on the first go, especially given that I'd just vacuumed the day before with my old vacuum. A year on and it's still performing just as well. It's light and easy to manoeuvre and it only takes a few seconds to remove and empty the barrel. Cleaning the filter every few months is pretty straight forward too. The body of the vacuum does tip over if you catch the wheels on anything but I expect that's the same with all vacuums in this style.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great little vacuum cleaner

I used to have a Dyson, but was totally blown away at how this little vacuum cleaner picked up so much dirt from my carpet.
The only issue I have is the cord is to short have to use a extension cord have only had a week but I am very impressed with it especially for the price . The power head is amazing .

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Hoover action vacuum

not a good vacuum continues to block up which is extremely frustrating always having to unblock it. Poorly designed. The Shark vacuum is the best vacuum I have ever come across. I will be getting rid of this hoover action for another Shark vacuum. Very disappointed with this vacuum and will never buy from Godfreys again as everything I have purchased from them is not good plus they do not stand to their word with regards to warranties and services. Very frustrating.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Happy customer

Happy customerBrisbane

A must have for carpet areas

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Adrian

AdrianAdelaide

Hard to move around

As others have said its hard to move, a bit heavy, and the hose always seems to some how get twisted and kink, which is annoying. Cord an extra 2 metres would be useful. Hard to get it to stand up stable for storage. Persuasive salesman talked us up from a more basic barrel model and i regret it. The powerhead feature looks impressive but im not sure how much it really does or if its more of a gimmick.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Got one use out of it.

Got one use out of it before it stopped sucking and doing sweet fa. Don't expect warranty to do you any favors as it's all your fault. First and last time i buy something from hoover. Beyond a joke. Great on the first try but after that nothing at all.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Difficult to empty dust container

No not so far. Powerhead does a fantastic job picking up dust and pet fur. Carpets look great
but is a bit cumbersome. I have one major gripe,emptying the dirt cylinder. As per another reviewer it took longer to empty than it took to vacuum. As the suction is so powerful the dirt and dust is really compacted. When opening container to empty into a bin it wont all just fall out and the design with attached lid is not user friendly the lid keeps catching the dirt. Had to poke, shake and prod for a very long time to empty the dirt. VERY messy.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Leelee

LeeleeBunbury

Hoover Action Powerhead

I was very happy with it for months but it just doesn’t have the power it had when we first got it. It blocks up easily too. It does work great with the small turbo head we purchased for an extra $30! Simply not worth what we paid for it. Disappointed.

Date PurchasedSept 2017