Hoover Action Pets

Hoover Action Pets (page 3 of 6)

Bagged, Bagless

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (20) · No (11)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (8) · No (22)
Helen D

Helen D

Worst vacuum used in the last 50 years

Shafeel

ShafeelSydney

Great product

A little pricey for a vacuum but so worth it. Family members have also bought this product based on our feedback. Suction is fantastic! Leaves the house spotless. Only thing is you do need to clean it frequently to try avoid suction issues from dirt/dust build up. Overall fantastic and we are very happy. There is also a blue light that shows the dust particles on the floor clearly in darker areas. Firm grip. Comes with other mouth pieces also to reach into hard spots. A great investment!

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Sarah Chambers

Sarah Chambers

Hoover Action Pet - Spend More Time Cleaning The Head

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Stuart

StuartMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Pet Vac

As the owner of a long haired fur baby (cat) ive always had a problem with white fur on the furniture. Well this is a problem NO more. This vac picks it all up even in tbe nooks a crannies. Great suction to get ot all in the barrel. Great Vac

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Larissa

LarissaQuairading

Great product

This vacuum has great suction power, but tends to get blocked up a bit but easy to fix.
The machine is light with moderate sound, easy to move around hose dies tangle on occasion.
Normally used on carpet in two rooms then change heads and do wood flooring.
Machine does pump a bit of hot air out though

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Chris B

Chris B

it's pretty good

It's a good vacuum cleaner. It has a large head, so going under tv cabinets, low beds isn't possible. also only a 45 degree turning head so manuvering around chair legs is a mission. picks up most fur off the ground, filters need constant replacement to keep the suction s

Date PurchasedJune 2017
MaggieMoo

MaggieMooSydney, NSW

Its OK

the canister is way too small - I live in a unit - and emptied it 5 times! the filter needed to be cleaned after one use. the hose kinks. the power head gets stuff wrapped around it - even a piece of paper curled around it.
the good things: its quiet.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
C.Online

C.OnlineLaunceston, TAS

Has been great!

Has a great suction and I like the light on the nozzle. My only con to it is that the length of the cord is shorter than I’d like, I’m always changing PowerPoints to vacuum other areas. It also has a small container so doesn’t hold much and I have to stop to empty it more often than I’d like. I’m surprised I haven’t blown it up from overfilling it. It’s not the best on tiles or floorboards, but I don’t know if that’s a generic vacuum thing, blowing the debris backwards. The overall vacuum is great for a smaller house.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Clumsy, heavy and plain annoyance

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Suggestion for the manufacturers

I recently bought a Hoover Action Powerhead. It does a great job, but it catches on the doorways and corners when I am pulling it along like most vacuum cleaners. A real nuisance.. I have a suggestion for the manufacturers. What about designing one that has no edges sticking out, just a smooth surface from the hose to the beyond the wheels. like mudguards on a car. Make them from a softer plastic to protect skirting boards and corners that reach from the hose and curve around to just beyond the wheels. The wheels would be set in just like a car. This vacuum would be far more practical and easier to use because it would slide around the corners. Lets know what you think.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
MsScanna

MsScannaSouthwest, VIC

Biggest disappointment

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Gets clogged constantly

I would have done better with a $100 vacuum than this one. Forever trying unclogged everytime I vacuum.. I've only got a small house and this vacuum can't even cope with it. Very disappointed. I will not buy this brand again. I would not recommend this vacuum to anyone I know.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Audio Obsession

Audio ObsessionVictoria

A solid vacuum cleaner with a power head on the cheap (with minor build issues)

Date PurchasedMay 2017
mark

markGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cleans carpet well.

Really good for cleaning carpets with the power head. We are very happy with our purchase.

There are two small annoyances, one is the bags fills up very fast due to the good cleaning action, but more than happy to change bags regularly to get clean carpets. The other is the power head does clog up with hair and other similar wast, and needs to be cleaned at least once a month, but as before we are more than happy to remove the waste hair to get clean carpets.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
TamnChad

TamnChadAU

Fantastic Vacuum

This is a great vacuum that pics up our dog's hair when she gets to come inside.
This vacuum was chosen because of the great suction and power/turbohead to pick up the hair.
It has good accessories with it - even the mattresses get a vacuum with the upholstery attachment.
I like to use the attachments for many different tasks.. shame the dog is not keen on her being vacuumed :)
The only downside is the short cord.. we always need to attach an extension cord to do the vacuuming around our not huge house. I have seen other Hoover vacuums with much longer cords.
I would still recommend this vacuum to others.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Deb

Deb

Strong suction but a few issues...

Shiva

ShivaMelbourne

Very good vacuum cleaner

The Hoover action pets vacuum cleaner is very good on carpets. The handle is a bit heavy because of the power head. It is sometimes hard to maneuver because of the heavy and thick power head. A bit pricey but depends how long its life lasts. Finally, a good vacuum cleaner.

Jess

JessGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I love this vacuum, it makes cleaning fun!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
k2surf

k2surfCentral West, NSW

Above average vacuum cleaner with a very short cord

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Bec

BecMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely love this vacuum.

This vacuum is amazing. With the vibrating power head it is able to lift up dirt and pet hair that has disappeared into the carpet, making it a more deeper clean. This vacuum can be used on all floor types and comes with attachments to use on lounges. Easy to move around, light and not too loud. A great product that I recommend to everyone.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

francis fountain

francis fountainasked

Action Pets

my turbo head keeps turning off

Maria

My unit is just terrible .....but hoover will not help there happy they got my money now there taking no responsibility typical

Epc
Epc

Useless or of the worst vacuum cleaners

Hi Francis,
We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your machine.
Please take this machine into your nearest Godfreys Store with your proof of purchase to be inspected by the staff and if need be, booked in with our repair team to inspect and test further. If the machine is not under the warranty, please see below link for more information on repairs:
Good luck with your machine!

Kerrin L.

Kerrin L.asked

Action Pets

we just bought a 5007ph action pets vac. what setting should the variable speed dial be set to?

Hi Kerrin.
The suction strength needed will be different for all flooring types.
There is a guide on the machine showing curtains, upholstery, rugs, carpet and hard floors, the images will light up as the dial is rotated.

Maggie

Maggieasked

Hi
How much does this unit weigh in k.g as I find it quite heavy when it drags behind me while I’m vacuuming it’s not lightweight at all

Hi Maggie,
The weight of the Hoover Action Pets is 8.2kg.

Yes I hate it ......worse money i have ever spent

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

Compare both Hoover Action Pets
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $399.00$499.00
Bin Capacity2.5 L2.5 L
HEPA FilterYesYes
Attachments Combination Floor Head, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Flexible hose, Power Head Floor Tool, Telescopic RodCombination Floor Head, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Flexible hose, Power Head Floor Tool, Telescopic Rod, Turbo Tool, Upholstery Tool
TypeBaglessBagged
Cord Length5 m5 m
Power1,600 W1,300 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
ManualDownload manual