Hoover Action Pets

Hoover Action Pets

Bagged, Bagless

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (6) · No (3)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (7) · No (2)

MariaSydney, NSW

Worse vacuum I have ever used ... .I regret buying this have had nothing but trouble don't waist your money....

Carpet and tiles both it doesn't clean at all it doesn't tip over its quite heavy looks good but isn't im very unhappy with this product wish I didn't waist my money. I bought it from Godfrey at St martins Village Blacktown nsw

Purchased in May 2018 at Godfreys for $650.00.

Maria

Yes sure typical response I knew it that's why I'm so disappointed in this product I have just stated that is was checked and there was no blockages in the vacuum

Shocker absolutely useless

The worst vacuum cleaner ever.
Like pulling a truck around
Useless suction
A shocker. Should never be selling these cleaners .
How could a vacuum cleaner like this go on the market
Hopeless any Type of flooring
And the weight!!

Purchased for $499.00.

Product is usedRarely
Karen S.

Karen S.Perth, WA

Worst vacuum ever

Went to Godfreys around July 2019 and was talked into this. So awkward to move around, is heavy, grip type handle is a pain, constantly tips over, hose gets twisted and the short cord is irritating. Good suction on carpet, removes alot of pet hair, ok on the tiled areas. Hard to store. Paid $459.00.
I think in all honesty it's the worst vacuum I have bought in 37 years. Turned me off Hoover for life now.
I will go and get the stick vacuum I wanted to start with.

Purchased in July 2019 at Godfreys for $459.00.

Mel

MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't think I could hate vacuuming more

Purchased in February 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

Gareth

GarethPerth, WA

Epic Fail

It is difficult to believe a company that has been making this equipment for 100 years could develop such a frustrating machine. As mentioned by others the cord is a bit on the short side, but the deal breaker for me is the poor tracking which causes the machine to tip over. As you pull it along you may as well flip a coin as to which way it will drive, and if you want it to follow along behind you best results seem to be attained in the upside down position.
Apart from that it works great.

Purchased in August 2017 at Godfreys for $500.00.

AlbertoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wish I'd read the other reviews before I bought it

I went along to buy another Nilfisk but listened to the salesperson and got sold the Hoover Action Pets instead. The cleaner head takes large amounts of pile off our (expensive) carpets. The machine's capacity is small so the bag doesn't fill properly and needs replacing after every clean. The cleaner head is too high and doesn't fit under some furniture and too wide so doesn't fit into some spaces. I still use the old Nilfisk floor tool on the tiles. There is no handle on top of the machine so moving it around is cumbersome. The hose gets a kink it. In short a waste of $400+. I'll abandon this machine and go and buy a Nilfisk, which I should have got in the first place.

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys for $430.00.

Alberto

I eventually took the Hoover back to Godfreys and they kindly did an exchange (with cash adjustment) so I now have the Nilfisk which I originally intended to buy. My carpets and I are much happier!

Greg

Greg

don't bother if you have pets

I could have bought a cheaper cleaner but got sucked in by the salesman. The pet feature is useless as the head keep blocking up, the machine tips over by looking at it and the bag capacity is far too small. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The machine is crap.

Purchased in March 2019 for $500.00.

Replaced it after 8 months

This vacuum is useless with so many design faults I don't believe that anyone at Hoover actually does the vacuuming. The power cord is too short, the pipe doesn't twist at both ends which kinks continually, the body of the vacuum is too low to the ground and tips over all the time, suction is poor, the dirt collector is too small.

Purchased in March 2018 for $399.00.

Mike Buchanan

Mike BuchananWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Most useless vacuum cleaner I have ever owned

1. Very heavy and cumbersome.
2. Power cord too short.
3. Smooth floor head sweeps rather picks up dust, especially on tiles.
4. Always having to clean the brush on this head as keeps getting blocked up with dust and fluff.
5. Won’t roll over the cord as the wheels are too short.
6. The power head works ok on carpets but the other head is useless on carpets as doesn’t suck up small bits of fluff.
7. Tips over easily

Purchased in April 2018 at Godfreys for $479.00.

Hoover action vacuum

not a good vacuum continues to block up which is extremely frustrating always having to unblock it. Poorly designed. The Shark vacuum is the best vacuum I have ever come across. I will be getting rid of this hoover action for another Shark vacuum. Very disappointed with this vacuum and will never buy from Godfreys again as everything I have purchased from them is not good plus they do not stand to their word with regards to warranties and services. Very frustrating.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Got one use out of it.

Got one use out of it before it stopped sucking and doing sweet fa. Don't expect warranty to do you any favors as it's all your fault. First and last time i buy something from hoover. Beyond a joke. Great on the first try but after that nothing at all.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Sarah Chambers

Sarah Chambers

Hoover Action Pet - Spend More Time Cleaning The Head

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Clumsy, heavy and plain annoyance

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Adrian

AdrianHastings

A shockingly bad design.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Ang

AngGippsland, VIC

Unhappy

This Vac has terrible suction only bought it a few months ago and l vac everyday but you seem to be going over the same spot again and again trying to pick up stuff. Very heavy to use not recommended for people with health issues. Cord does not got back in easily overall not what l was told it would do.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

francis fountain

francis fountainasked

Action Pets

my turbo head keeps turning off

Maria

My unit is just terrible .....but hoover will not help there happy they got my money now there taking no responsibility typical

Epc
Epc

Useless or of the worst vacuum cleaners

Hi Francis,
We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your machine.
Please take this machine into your nearest Godfreys Store with your proof of purchase to be inspected by the staff and if need be, booked in with our repair team to inspect and test further. If the machine is not under the warranty, please see below link for more information on repairs:
Good luck with your machine!

Kerrin L.

Kerrin L.asked

Action Pets

we just bought a 5007ph action pets vac. what setting should the variable speed dial be set to?

Hi Kerrin.
The suction strength needed will be different for all flooring types.
There is a guide on the machine showing curtains, upholstery, rugs, carpet and hard floors, the images will light up as the dial is rotated.

Maggie

Maggieasked

Hi
How much does this unit weigh in k.g as I find it quite heavy when it drags behind me while I’m vacuuming it’s not lightweight at all

Hi Maggie,
The weight of the Hoover Action Pets is 8.2kg.

Yes I hate it ......worse money i have ever spent

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

Compare both Hoover Action Pets
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $399.00$499.00
Bin Capacity2.5 L2.5 L
HEPA FilterYesYes
Attachments Combination Floor Head, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Flexible hose, Power Head Floor Tool, Telescopic RodCombination Floor Head, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Flexible hose, Power Head Floor Tool, Telescopic Rod, Turbo Tool, Upholstery Tool
TypeBaglessBagged
Cord Length5 m5 m
Power1,600 W1,300 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
ManualDownload manual