Hoover Action Pets

Hoover Action Pets

Bagged, Bagless

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (0)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (1)
sooz

soozPerth, WA

Disappointing

Bought the Hoover Pet Action to replace the wonderful little Hoover Smart. I explained that I had a small apartment style living where storage was a consideration to purchase. I was told that this was an upgrade to the Smart.
Totally disappointed with the Hoover Action Pet. Suction was acceptable however
1. The cleaner is heavy and not very maneuverable. It would frequently tip over onto its side or back
2. The head is so large that it would not easily fit under furniture
3. It is bulky to store, requiring to be broken down into individual parts before stowing. This made the cleaning process less convenient.
The Hoover Smart had just as good suction, and none of the issues mentioned above.

Purchased in July 2018 for $479.00.

Good for carpet, useless for everything else.

First the good: Extremely good with the power head on carpets, does what it is meant to do.

Now for the bad: its bulky, tips over easy, the cord is WAY to short, its hard to get into any small area, the power head is only good on carpet, on tiles it is frustratingly terrible at suction to the point that I find it quicker to bend over and pick up anything other than dust. I had always used Dyson before and got suckered into buying this from a very persuasive saleperson. I am now going to buy another Dyson and throw this thing in the cupboard to be forgotten about.

If its only for carpet I would rate it 3 out of 5 deducting stars for the short cord, bulkiness and habit of it tipping over

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Adrian

AdrianAdelaide

Hard to move around

As others have said its hard to move, a bit heavy, and the hose always seems to some how get twisted and kink, which is annoying. Cord an extra 2 metres would be useful. Hard to get it to stand up stable for storage. Persuasive salesman talked us up from a more basic barrel model and i regret it. The powerhead feature looks impressive but im not sure how much it really does or if its more of a gimmick.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Action Pets compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Leelee

LeeleeBunbury

Hoover Action Powerhead

I was very happy with it for months but it just doesn’t have the power it had when we first got it. It blocks up easily too. It does work great with the small turbo head we purchased for an extra $30! Simply not worth what we paid for it. Disappointed.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
MsScanna

MsScannaSouthwest, VIC

Biggest disappointment

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Gets clogged constantly

I would have done better with a $100 vacuum than this one. Forever trying unclogged everytime I vacuum.. I've only got a small house and this vacuum can't even cope with it. Very disappointed. I will not buy this brand again. I would not recommend this vacuum to anyone I know.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

francis fountain

francis fountainasked

Action Pets

my turbo head keeps turning off

Maria

My unit is just terrible .....but hoover will not help there happy they got my money now there taking no responsibility typical

Epc
Epc

Useless or of the worst vacuum cleaners

Hi Francis,
We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your machine.
Please take this machine into your nearest Godfreys Store with your proof of purchase to be inspected by the staff and if need be, booked in with our repair team to inspect and test further. If the machine is not under the warranty, please see below link for more information on repairs:
Good luck with your machine!

Kerrin L.

Kerrin L.asked

Action Pets

we just bought a 5007ph action pets vac. what setting should the variable speed dial be set to?

Hi Kerrin.
The suction strength needed will be different for all flooring types.
There is a guide on the machine showing curtains, upholstery, rugs, carpet and hard floors, the images will light up as the dial is rotated.

Maggie

Maggieasked

Hi
How much does this unit weigh in k.g as I find it quite heavy when it drags behind me while I’m vacuuming it’s not lightweight at all

Hi Maggie,
The weight of the Hoover Action Pets is 8.2kg.

Yes I hate it ......worse money i have ever spent

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

Compare both Hoover Action Pets
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $399.00$499.00
Bin Capacity2.5 L2.5 L
HEPA FilterYesYes
Attachments Combination Floor Head, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Flexible hose, Power Head Floor Tool, Telescopic RodCombination Floor Head, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Flexible hose, Power Head Floor Tool, Telescopic Rod, Turbo Tool, Upholstery Tool
TypeBaglessBagged
Cord Length5 m5 m
Power1,600 W1,300 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
ManualDownload manual