Hoover Action Pets

Hoover Action Pets

Bagged, Bagless

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (6) · No (2)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (8)
Jenjen

JenjenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great suction on all surfaces

I love this vacuum. I recently upgraded from an Electrolux bag less vacuum.
I have pets so I needed something that could clean efficiently and quickly and this does just that. I go from hard floor to carpet without needing to change the head. And with a flick of the switch I get extra power to deep clean the carpet.
Being a bagged vacuum its actually a much cleaner machine and doesn't need all the maintenance a bagless vacuum needs.
Only con is that it's a bit hard to maneuver around objects.

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $420.00.

Great Power!

Was very surprised by the amount of dust sucked from my carpet the first time using the machine. Realised how much i was missing after my cheap kmart one broke. The power head is great for carpet, but the power needs to be turned down for rugs - or use the non powered head. Bagged which doesn't bother me. Does however have tendency to topple over with with little wheels.

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfreys for $400.00.

Alex

AlexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great vacuum cords a bit short

I love this vacuum it's powerful great suction especially the light option with more power with the spinning head brilliant but it's an absolute pain with such a short cord and it tips over constantly I'll quite often turn to see it upside down and it's so frustrating

Purchased in March 2019 for $299.00.

mike

mikeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Really cleans carpet well

Christine loaned me her one and its great .cleans carpet of dog hair and smell.
Very strong construction ..heavy build almost commercial standard I recon.
Does trip over its own lead and hose sometimes. Will definitely buy it off her

Purchased for $250.00.

Shilpa B.

Shilpa B.Sydney, NSW

Very nice love my vaccum hoover is the best

I use it for both carpet and hard surface tiles in the kitchen
I love it .. it gives a clean smooth carpet and even picks up the minutest of the dust from with in the carpet or mats.i can definitely see the difference between using the cheap ones from kmart and this one.. just love it

Purchased in July 2019 at Godfreys for $479.00.

Kaytlyn

KaytlynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job

I bought this vacuum when I was living with my housemates dogs and cats. It managed to pick up hair best on carpet, but sometimes struggled sucking up items off the tiled/timber flooring. This vacuum has a vet short chord of maybe 3m. It makes for a very annoying chore having to unplug and use multiple powerpoints throughout the house. The vacuum comes with lots of different heads for cleaning cars etc.

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfreys.

antje

antjeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Vacuum performance

The vacuum cleaner has great suction and definitely works well with the power head for dog hair. The power cord however is not long enough and I always need an extension cord attached. The wheels on it are very small and it tips over very easily. The flexi hose also kinks a lot as both ends don't swivel. It is a very efficient cleaner other than the other draw backs mentioned, but I also bought it on price and for the power head which is amazing. I also like the variable suction control for different uses, and it's very quiet.

Purchased in April 2018 for $499.00.

Anushka

AnushkaVictoria

Fantastic for carpets

We have mainly carpets but a few tiled areas. Have found this vacuum cleaner to be perfect for our needs . We recently tested it next to a Dyson dc54 and what the Hoover did in one go took the Dyson about 8 times going over . Very happy with our purchase. Only complaint is it often tips over

Purchased at Godfreys for $479.00.

Pet OwnerYes
Clogging IssuesNo
Shae

ShaeSouth Australia

Does a great job of lifting dirt and dog hair out of the carpet

I was amazed when I first bought this vacuum at how much dirt a d dog hair it pulled out if my carpet on the first go, especially given that I'd just vacuumed the day before with my old vacuum. A year on and it's still performing just as well. It's light and easy to manoeuvre and it only takes a few seconds to remove and empty the barrel. Cleaning the filter every few months is pretty straight forward too. The body of the vacuum does tip over if you catch the wheels on anything but I expect that's the same with all vacuums in this style.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great little vacuum cleaner

I used to have a Dyson, but was totally blown away at how this little vacuum cleaner picked up so much dirt from my carpet.
The only issue I have is the cord is to short have to use a extension cord have only had a week but I am very impressed with it especially for the price . The power head is amazing .

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Happy customer

Happy customerBrisbane

A must have for carpet areas

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Larissa

LarissaQuairading

Great product

This vacuum has great suction power, but tends to get blocked up a bit but easy to fix.
The machine is light with moderate sound, easy to move around hose dies tangle on occasion.
Normally used on carpet in two rooms then change heads and do wood flooring.
Machine does pump a bit of hot air out though

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
C.Online

C.OnlineLaunceston, TAS

Has been great!

Has a great suction and I like the light on the nozzle. My only con to it is that the length of the cord is shorter than I’d like, I’m always changing PowerPoints to vacuum other areas. It also has a small container so doesn’t hold much and I have to stop to empty it more often than I’d like. I’m surprised I haven’t blown it up from overfilling it. It’s not the best on tiles or floorboards, but I don’t know if that’s a generic vacuum thing, blowing the debris backwards. The overall vacuum is great for a smaller house.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Suggestion for the manufacturers

I recently bought a Hoover Action Powerhead. It does a great job, but it catches on the doorways and corners when I am pulling it along like most vacuum cleaners. A real nuisance.. I have a suggestion for the manufacturers. What about designing one that has no edges sticking out, just a smooth surface from the hose to the beyond the wheels. like mudguards on a car. Make them from a softer plastic to protect skirting boards and corners that reach from the hose and curve around to just beyond the wheels. The wheels would be set in just like a car. This vacuum would be far more practical and easier to use because it would slide around the corners. Lets know what you think.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Audio Obsession

Audio ObsessionVictoria

A solid vacuum cleaner with a power head on the cheap (with minor build issues)

Date PurchasedMay 2017

mark

markGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cleans carpet well.

Really good for cleaning carpets with the power head. We are very happy with our purchase.

There are two small annoyances, one is the bags fills up very fast due to the good cleaning action, but more than happy to change bags regularly to get clean carpets. The other is the power head does clog up with hair and other similar wast, and needs to be cleaned at least once a month, but as before we are more than happy to remove the waste hair to get clean carpets.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Shiva

ShivaMelbourne

Very good vacuum cleaner

The Hoover action pets vacuum cleaner is very good on carpets. The handle is a bit heavy because of the power head. It is sometimes hard to maneuver because of the heavy and thick power head. A bit pricey but depends how long its life lasts. Finally, a good vacuum cleaner.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
k2surf

k2surfCentral West, NSW

Above average vacuum cleaner with a very short cord

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Rarag

Rarag

I like this vacuum

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
LittleQuill

LittleQuillQueensland

A great vacuum cleaner to own if you have carpets or pets (or both)

Date PurchasedSept 2016

francis fountain

francis fountainasked

Action Pets

my turbo head keeps turning off

Maria

My unit is just terrible .....but hoover will not help there happy they got my money now there taking no responsibility typical

Epc
Epc

Useless or of the worst vacuum cleaners

Hi Francis,
We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your machine.
Please take this machine into your nearest Godfreys Store with your proof of purchase to be inspected by the staff and if need be, booked in with our repair team to inspect and test further. If the machine is not under the warranty, please see below link for more information on repairs:
Good luck with your machine!

Kerrin L.

Kerrin L.asked

Action Pets

we just bought a 5007ph action pets vac. what setting should the variable speed dial be set to?

Hi Kerrin.
The suction strength needed will be different for all flooring types.
There is a guide on the machine showing curtains, upholstery, rugs, carpet and hard floors, the images will light up as the dial is rotated.

Maggie

Maggieasked

Hi
How much does this unit weigh in k.g as I find it quite heavy when it drags behind me while I’m vacuuming it’s not lightweight at all

Hi Maggie,
The weight of the Hoover Action Pets is 8.2kg.

Yes I hate it ......worse money i have ever spent

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

Compare both Hoover Action Pets
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $399.00$499.00
Bin Capacity2.5 L2.5 L
HEPA FilterYesYes
Attachments Combination Floor Head, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Flexible hose, Power Head Floor Tool, Telescopic RodCombination Floor Head, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Flexible hose, Power Head Floor Tool, Telescopic Rod, Turbo Tool, Upholstery Tool
TypeBaglessBagged
Cord Length5 m5 m
Power1,600 W1,300 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
ManualDownload manual